Rumph alludes to spots filling up in 2018

I don't get the Rumph hate, dude has been a good coach. He's recruiting well now and people can't hate on that,so I guess it's " he can't coach now" or didn't make much difference with the cb's".

Ok....got it.

Advertisement
I don't get the Rumph hate, dude has been a good coach. He's recruiting well now and people can't hate on that,so I guess it's " he can't coach now" or didn't make much difference with the cb's".

Ok....got it.
Like clockwork. You know how they roll on here

It started with the Byrd fiasco (and the Wilson fiasco as well). There was talk of him actually calling up kids who just dissed him asking why they weren't convinced to commit to Miami. Pretty weak move if true.

Then, of course, the loss of Henderson, Davis, and Edwards to the Gators.

Plus his lack of any CB coaching experience above the level of High School.

Like i said, he will be graded on getting Silvera and Campbell, then improving Malek and Jackson, and integrating Dean and Delaney.

It started with the Byrd fiasco (and the Wilson fiasco as well). There was talk of him actually calling up kids who just dissed him asking why they weren't convinced to commit to Miami. Pretty weak move if true.

Like i said, he will be graded on getting Silvera and Campbell, then improving Malek and Jackson, and integrating Dean and Delaney.
Funny considering the recruitments of Edwards and davis was manned primarily by banda but continue

Advertisement
Very true. It's not an accident that almost our entire secondary was filled with All-Americans during the '01 / '02 timeframe....

pretty obvious

when your front 7 is as good as our dbs will look better regardless, the three lbs and the scheme with our line made it beneficial to be a CB (Elder is a stud still regardless)

Having a better front 7 makes DBs tackle better?

Cause disruption and throws aren't accurate so tackles come easier. They did tackle better but tackling isn't rocket science I mean get there and wrap up or blast the dude. With golden u sitting in that soft *** done allowing space for dudes to makes moves now guys r in better spots

nah, they fought off blocks and blew dudes up. The technique and physicality showed vast improvement across the board at a much maligned position.. Rumph did a **** of a job.

He's already done all that.

Some of these dudes are raw simps. UM gets a couple DB commits. Rumph is now a great recruiter.

Senior DBs play well. Rumph is a great coach.

Let's see what he does with his son, Campbell, and some other guys who weren't automatic to UM. And let's see what he does with a new group of CBs.

You simps act like the success or failure of the CBs isn't directly tied to the rest of the defense or the scheme Diaz is running. More pressure equals easier to cover. You can have the same exact CB playing in Doritos' system and playing in Diaz's system, and the CB in Diaz's system is going to suddenly look way better.

But I thought Diaz was Dorito 2.0?

lol don't do him like that.... diaz was a horrible hire according to his astute football mind

:q3XKXeX:

We'll see if Young continues to improve - he basically played in six games or so. We'll see if Jackson can prove himself in real gametime situations. Dean and Delaney arent here yet.

Advertisement
Very true. It's not an accident that almost our entire secondary was filled with All-Americans during the '01 / '02 timeframe....

when your front 7 is as good as our dbs will look better regardless, the three lbs and the scheme with our line made it beneficial to be a CB (Elder is a stud still regardless)

Having a better front 7 makes DBs tackle better?

Cause disruption and throws aren't accurate so tackles come easier. They did tackle better but tackling isn't rocket science I mean get there and wrap up or blast the dude. With golden u sitting in that soft *** done allowing space for dudes to makes moves now guys r in better spots

nah, they fought off blocks and blew dudes up. The technique and physicality showed vast improvement across the board at a much maligned position.. Rumph did a **** of a job.

I think different and u think different no problem in that. I know a masterful front seven makes the back end look good

LOL at GA assistant level. Coaches that win HS championships do not become GA's.

They get analyst or non coaching positions..like the vast amount of his coaches we've had here. Ice Harris got a whole bunch of rings in his closet. Got his start at non football spot.

We'll see if Young continues to improve - he basically played in six games or so. We'll see if Jackson can prove himself in real gametime situations. Dean and Delaney arent here yet.

Don't go against the majority here.....u can't have one bad thing say or u get jumped on here. Same **** with every new staff....super fans only see good and the rest of the free thinkers say what they want and look at every detail no matter what. There's nothing u can say to change someone's mind. I love the early verbals but it means nothing if they don't sign. Same **** when AG was here u couldn't bad mouth anything or u didn't know what u were talking about. I'm always open to any argument n I'm always willing to change my thoughts with a good argument but some here ain't like that.

We can't even agree on here that a 4.7 forty for a rb is bad. It's crazy to me...i don't care cane or not I don't want my rbs running no **** 4.7 or I'm moping about that slow ****

LOL at GA assistant level. Coaches that win HS championships do not become GA's.

They get analyst or non coaching positions..like the vast amount of his coaches we've had here. Ice Harris got a whole bunch of rings in his closet. Got his start at non football spot.

What did you say when Kevin Beard was hired to be WR coach here?

You were a fan of that IIRC

Advertisement

Don't go against the majority here.....u can't have one bad thing say or u get jumped on here. Same **** with every new staff....super fans only see good and the rest of the free thinkers say what they want and look at every detail no matter what. There's nothing u can say to change someone's mind. I love the early verbals but it means nothing if they don't sign. Same **** when AG was here u couldn't bad mouth anything or u didn't know what u were talking about. I'm always open to any argument n I'm always willing to change my thoughts with a good argument but some here ain't like that.

We can't even agree on here that a 4.7 forty for a rb is bad. It's crazy to me...i don't care cane or not I don't want my rbs running no **** 4.7 or I'm moping about that slow ****

You talking about when they're juniors in H.S.? I find it hard to believe people are arguing about college RBs running 4.7s.

As far as the majority goes, I'm not a part of the herd. So we can simply disagree minus the aspersions about free thought or fanaticism. Rumph's DBs were the most explosive, best tackling players on our defense last season, and they personified the ferocity Diaz was looking for. They consistently held the edge all season long, and in many instances shed blockers before blowing up the ball-carrier. Criticize Richt's play-calling, the O-Line play/talent, or one of those other stale narratives from last season all you want, but suggesting Rumph performs at the level of GA is ridiculous.

Last edited:
I'm not crowning anyone until we get our 6th crown! I am excited for our future though!
Go Canes!

Ain't no one crowning rumph, but people trying to discredit what rumph did for our cbs last year are batsh*t crazy... colbert was a backup safety who got lost in the shuffle but yet rumph turned him into a pretty good cb and has even enabled him the chance to continue his dream at the next level which was an afterthought before he came to the U. Yeah corn elder was good before rumph but he wasn't on the level he played like this year. Along with them two we seen some good gameplay for the most part with redwine, young and jackson. Funny how y'all think a coach who has coached multiple 4 and 5 star players specifically dbs don't know what he's doing on the field after being a 1st round pick, playing on the best team in football and winning multiple highschool state titles at the highest level. But continue with the hot takes though...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some of you all are tripping. He's done a great job of coaching up Elder (last spring, reports were coming out that he was struggling), Colbert (couldn't start at texas and was a steal for us), Young was a freshman and did a great job the second half of the season. As a recruiter, he's still a work in progress but he is learning. I have no issue with him calling out Henderson at the All Star game, from everything I heard, he was acting like a b+tch and Rumph let him have it. Give me a coach that can actually coach up our CBs, we have plenty of good recruiters to lead the way while Rumph perfects his craft

I gotta lean with gogeta the first time i heard Rumph speak real talk i was like yo this cat boring as fuq......I dont know him only from what we see on camera n media **** so im judging by that maybe im wrong but i had that same feel. Dugans is the exact opposite and banda......I think MR will improve though but its true u have to wait till NSD to know know for sure if hes on the right track
Rumph has a small body of work.

What we know so far is he is a **** of an upgrade over Paul Williams. I like how some of the underrated CBs have played, but there's still not nearly enough to go on.

His crootin has been up and down. Not everyone has to be hype men like Banda or Hartley.

What did you say when Kevin Beard was hired to be WR coach here?

You were a fan of that IIRC

Wrong person. Was a fan of Ice Harris (I respected his offensive strategies,and believed he can deliver us some overtown/liberty city kids) I viewed KB the same way I'm doing Rumph now. Give it time...KB learning on the job as well.

I gotta lean with gogeta the first time i heard Rumph speak real talk i was like yo this cat boring as fuq......I dont know him only from what we see on camera n media **** so im judging by that maybe im wrong but i had that same feel. Dugans is the exact opposite and banda......I think MR will improve though but its true u have to wait till NSD to know know for sure if hes on the right track
Rumph has a small body of work.

What we know so far is he is a **** of an upgrade over Paul Williams. I like how some of the underrated CBs have played, but there's still not nearly enough to go on.

His crootin has been up and down. Not everyone has to be hype men like Banda or Hartley.
Coach rumph is real and can relate very well to the players. I Never said anything but the week or after winter workouts started they was going over film and a db had live streamed it for like a couple seconds on ig and they was talking about qbs. I heard him say man "I love kaaya to death" but this day in football you can't just sit back there and not be able to move around. Another player who was live streaming it then said nkosi name. That's it but still at that point that let me know where the coaching staff head was in this qb battle. They think very highly of nkosi

Advertisement
Back