RUMOR: Sources tell me that Lashlee is staying, will receive major pay increase & co-HC title; changes to defensive staff as well

It’s a huge deal. It’s called prematurely giving someone a raise that hasn’t necessarily warranted one, yet. This has been an M.O that’s constantly bit us. U can’t say it’s not a big deal, not w/ our lack of budget.

If he was instrumental in keeping King and also landing heir apparent Garcia, I would say this deserves a raise. And he did significantly improve the offense. Granted last year's offense had nowhere to go but up, but still.....

Advertisement
I agree with you, but you know how it goes. It’s all about leverage.
And it is more likely that it happens across the country and we don’t care or know about it, than Miami being the only place that does it....

Other side of the coin... Miami is paying... and we always love to accuse the school of being cheap...

Did anyone believe there was any scheme that would completely counter a bad O line? I know they can make it easier, but it takes a great O line to handle a great defense and we weren't getting one in an abbreviated year.
Lashlee’s offense depends on a strong run game. We run a power spread, not an air raid.

When it comes to the pass game, getting the ball out quick does help us; however, we still struggle to get a push up front, which severely stifles our run game. And, when we can’t run the ball, we become one dimensional and it’s easier to shut us down.

I think another year of Feeley and Justice, coupled with an experienced OL group returning, will help us take the offense to the next level.

Advertisement
My mistake. But yeah I knew I heard both of them say it was something that King never ran before. So that plus the fact we didn't have a full off season to practice it.

I don’t remember that. I do remember him making a lot of goofy troll posts lately though. I’ve got no beef with the guy though. He’s one of those harmless wacky trolls.
Here’s an old thread on Lashlee to refresh your memory (and maybe others in here as well):

As a matter of fact, why don’t you check post #50? It’s your post

Advertisement
Advertisement
And it is more likely that it happens across the country and we don’t care or know about it, than Miami being the only place that does it....

Other side of the coin... Miami is paying... and we always love to accuse the school of being cheap...

I’m all for paying; but spending wisely.

IPF-spending wisely

Extending Golden prematurely - not so wise

Paying a fired coach most money he’s ever made? - not so wise

Paying $7m to get a lispy coach? - not so wise.

Paying an extension on an OC w/ a checkered past and a checkered season? - ?able

IPF-spending wisely

Paying an extension on an OC w/ a checkered past and a checkered season? - ?able
If it kept Lashlee and King and allows the offense to develop, then it was an investment in consistency.

Brethren, I’m not disputing any of that; b/c of all of these “variables” u’re using as a means to justify our inconsistencies, why prematurely pay raise, without seeing a complete product, first?
Exactly why pay for ****** production whenever we play a top opponent. Let's see what he does bowl and next year. I just don't see why give him the money now. I would like that to go to a decent DC. Baker has to go and manure needs to be a full time CEO.

Advertisement
If it kept Lashlee and King and allows the offense to develop, then it was an investment in consistency.

Bro; keep it a buck: LASHLEE WAS GOING NO WHERE! Only ppl blowing up Lashlee is C.I.S. He’s never been in any serious consideration for any HC jobs or anything.

The whole King narrative is moot. I stand by what I said; it’s premature to pay raise a guy who’s offense has been inconsistent. There is no rush; let the situation play out 6 games into next season.

I know the temperature on this board; I’ve been here long enough. The stank from UNC is wearing off, and egg nog may be still flowing through the system. Come Tuesday, if we get smoked, this very board that’s praising everything we’re doing, will trash everything. Lol.

There’s no reason to ever extend ANYONE when results have been inconsistent. Ppl r putting way too much stock in comparing what Lashlee has done this yr vs. Enos. Enos was the D’Onofrio on O! Just like ppl put waaaay too much stock in Diaz in comparison to D’No. Let chit play out; I would like to get to that point, 1st.

IPF-spending wisely

Keep that pressure on his *** Rell. They want us to crown mediocre bull****. Naw this isn't the emmy's muthafukkas you actually need to show us something. Spending on Rhett because they're scared Gus's whipping boy will leave.

Don’t see why it’s a big deal. Assistant coaches are usually on one year contracts so no buy outs to worry about. I see it as the opposite. Miami is willing to open up the pocket books to keep their coaches.
Well I hope the checkbook is closed tighter than a crabs *** when it comes to signing any of the defensive coaches...

meh, barely earning what he's being now honestly

how much motion did we even see this year since the fans were begging for this stuff when richt was around?

Advertisement
Back