RUMOR: Sources tell me that Lashlee is staying, will receive major pay increase & co-HC title; changes to defensive staff as well

Advertisement
Advertisement
True... But take into account that not only was this King's first yr ever in a rpo offense, they also didn't have a full spring/summer for practice. I think this upcoming year will tell the truth of who Lashlee really is....and King.

Brethren, I’m not disputing any of that; b/c of all of these “variables” u’re using as a means to justify our inconsistencies, why prematurely pay raise, without seeing a complete product, first?

This. He didn't run READ OPTION at Houston, which is different than RPO. Again. Still. Dammit.
Why is this even being discussed? Both King and Lashlee both said it at different times this season. Come on now Chise.

Don’t see why it’s a big deal. Assistant coaches are usually on one year contracts so no buy outs to worry about. I see it as the opposite. Miami is willing to open up the pocket books to keep their coaches.

It’s a huge deal. It’s called prematurely giving someone a raise that hasn’t necessarily warranted one, yet. This has been an M.O that’s constantly bit us. U can’t say it’s not a big deal, not w/ our lack of budget.

I would buy this. Our admin would see some bs tweet about a team wanting him and immediately rush to give him a raise and/or extension

Advertisement
Even if true; why??? Don’t get me wrong; Lashlee was better than Enos, but even a dead gold fish is better than Enos. Our O was OK, but against good to great defenses, it was just OK.

Not sure what justifies or quantifies a major pay raise; why? B/c of some non substantiated rumors of him “leaving?”
I hear you, Rell, but it’s hard to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Our offensive line and receivers were below average. He was also trying to implement a new system with no Spring ball. I think we take another leap next year.

He knows his stuff, Chise. I remember him providing updates during the Enos saga. He doesn’t post inside info very often, but it’s usually legit. Pretty sure DMoney vouched for him, too.
I don’t remember that. I do remember him making a lot of goofy troll posts lately though. I’ve got no beef with the guy though. He’s one of those harmless wacky trolls.

Even if true; why??? Don’t get me wrong; Lashlee was better than Enos, but even a dead gold fish is better than Enos. Our O was OK, but against good to great defenses, it was just OK.

Not sure what justifies or quantifies a major pay raise; why? B/c of some non substantiated rumors of him “leaving?”
We will have a full Spring and Summer with year 2 of Lashlee's offense. That's huge for everyone. I definitely think this helps our o-line out more than anything and I think they make the biggest jump in 2021.

I’m hear you, Rell, but it’s hard to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Our offensive line and receivers were below average. He was also trying to implement a new system with no Spring ball. I think we take another leap next year.

I understand that, my g. But why do this now? Why not wait til next season to see if there’s improvement, we take a step back, or are stagnant?

I feel Blake James is just like my Bears’ Ryan Pace; easily conned into making rash decisions w/o true proof or evaluation. It’s not so much the extension per say, vs. a ? on judgment.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We will have a full Spring and Summer with year 2 of Lashlee's offense. That's huge for everyone. I definitely think this helps our o-line out more than anything and I think they make the biggest jump in 2021.

What does that HAVE to do w prematurely extending? Lol. Is he not under contract now? Like I think everyone keeps trying to @ me on something I’m not remotely talking about.

Brethren, I’m not disputing any of that; b/c of all of these “variables” u’re using as a means to justify our inconsistencies, why prematurely pay raise, without seeing a complete product, first?
Good point. I guess I'm trying to give an option from both sides. Yes too soon to pay him but also too soon to bash him.

U understand that, my g. But why do this now? Why not wait til next season to see if there’s improvement, we take a step back, or are stagnant?

I feel Blake James is just like my Bears’ Ryan Pace; easily conned into making rash decisions w/o true proof or evaluation. It’s not so much the extension per say, vs. a ? on judgment.
I’ve heard that LSU had interest. Kevin Steele too when it looked like he was going to get the Auburn job. It’s just how the game works.

Advertisement
U understand that, my g. But why do this now? Why not wait til next season to see if there’s improvement, we take a step back, or are stagnant?

I’m with you. The premature extensions are nauseating.

It’s a huge deal. It’s called prematurely giving someone a raise that hasn’t necessarily warranted one, yet. This has been an M.O that’s constantly bit us. U can’t say it’s not a big deal, not w/ our lack of budget.
The offense showed flashes and that’s with holes still at several positions. This is more of a continuity move. Throw lashlee a lil extra bread so if and when the offense blows up next year he won’t jump at the first opportunity because he knows miami will break bread and he can stay until a good situation opens up.

Advertisement
Back