Rumor: Nick Saban to retire

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes.

Scotty 2 Hotty learned The Worm from me.
You mean,

I was thinking,

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Doubt he retires this year, he’s gonna have a loaded team again. I can definitely see it within the next 3-5 years though. His reign over college football is somewhat coming to an end and he won’t stick around for perennial 10-2 seasons.

Can't build a program any better than he did Clemson. If Bama is his dream job, and they want to pay his exit fee, can't imagine they'll think too poorly of him.
he’s happy there and it’s his legacy. It’s not Saben’s or Bear’s. I’d imagine he’s about being his own man. He’s earned that. Plus, what’s a better way to show your power, than to tell Alabama to kick rocks. It made Urban a legend with how he gave the finger to ND. Power is everyone’s favorite, once you have enough money for a few lifetimes.

yes they do. Coaches use money from their overpaid contracts and bonuses to pay families. It’s the way it is. Salaries are paid by the state. It’s a state school. Taxes are where that money comes from. Both the state and federal kind. Happy new year

once it’s paid to them and they pay taxes on it, it’s their money to do with what they like, though you’d have to be stupid to think coaches use their own money to pay recruits. It’s boosters. That’s like saying a state employee going to a strip club is using taxpayer dollars to pay strippers.

Advertisement
once it’s paid to them and they pay taxes on it, it’s their money to do with what they like, though you’d have to be stupid to think coaches use their own money to pay recruits. It’s boosters. That’s like saying a state employee going to a strip club is using taxpayer dollars to pay strippers.
If you pay someone beyond their worth, with the understanding that a portion of the money is to pay recruits, it’s not theirs. It’s just a way of cleaning cash.

Last edited:
If you pay someone beyond their worth, with the understanding that a portion of the money is to pay recruits, it’s not theirs. It’s just a way of cleaning cash.

who’s not worth their salary at Alabama? and Again, there is zero indication that coaches pay players out of their own pockets, even anonymous bagmen say the coaches stay away so They are not culpable and can show plausible deniability. And if they did, there would be a money trail, Pay stubs, cash withdrawals etc. because I’m pretty sure coaches don’t get paid in cash

Supposedly bama is in his contract. There’d be no buyout , not sure if that’s legit or crazy fan talk

Contractual.

He has one buyout schedule for leaving in general, and another buyout schedule for an ACC team, another schedule for SEC, and one last schedule specifically for Bama.

Advertisement
who’s not worth their salary at Alabama? and Again, there is zero indication that coaches pay players out of their own pockets, even anonymous bagmen say the coaches stay away so They are not culpable and can show plausible deniability. And if they did, there would be a money trail, Pay stubs, cash withdrawals etc. because I’m pretty sure coaches don’t get paid in cash
Ok this conversation is over. You’re not understanding. You are correct. Go Canes

If Bama comes calling, Dabo will most certainly answer.
You think he’d leave the place that he single handedly turned into a powerhouse... where everyone considers him a god.....for a situation where he’d at best be their third most revered and successful coach, running an operation someone else built?

Advertisement
Back