Rumor: Milton possibly out for season

Advertisement
Ultimately, I don't care if Milton plays or not, I just think it is interesting that F$U had to shut him down for at least a day WHEN THEY ARE NOT EVEN LETTING HIM TAKE FULL CONTACT ANYHOW.

What's going to happen in real games? "Uh, we decided to let McKenzie stretch his leg out during the first quarter, and then after he was great in the second quarter, we needed to limit his snaps and give him a rest, so we decided to let him ride the stationary bike for the entire third quarter..."

There are certain issues that transcend sports rivalries. This is one of them IMO.

I have an immense amount of concern for this kid. My fear is that his desire to be back on the field is so strong that a group of incompetent coaches will allow him to play simply because of their own needs and desires. It could lead to a real medical disaster that will not only stain the sport, but could lead to a life being forever changed negatively. We all saw the reports that his leg was in such bad shape that the surgeons were initially contemplating amputation.

Seriously, as the parent of a former college athlete and as a human being I sure as **** hope this kid is either truly 100% healed or that the coaches have the fortitude to shut him down.

The rumor started because both Milton and JT sat out the last 3 practices, and 2 Fr that aren’t expected to play got snaps.

The pic of Dillingham on the crutches came out today. That didn’t come from a canes beatwriter, as far as I know.

All I know if their board was in meltdown mode yesterday. Today, the OP of the thread is getting called out as a fake insider. Others are saying that Milton very well may be hurt and limited.

I listened to Bud Elliot’s pod today, and he addressed it. Basically said he didn’t want to get into specifics out of respect for the staff (even though he doesn’t attend practices, so he is not at risk of having his credentials revoked), but FSU fans have known since spring that the foot/leg is an issue.

I don’t see Milton being 100%, but that’s JMO.

stand by me jerry oconnell GIF

After the ND game!

Advertisement
The rumor started because both Milton and JT sat out the last 3 practices, and 2 Fr that aren’t expected to play got snaps.

The pic of Dillingham on the crutches came out today. That didn’t come from a canes beatwriter, as far as I know.

All I know if their board was in meltdown mode yesterday. Today, the OP of the thread is getting called out as a fake insider. Others are saying that Milton very well may be hurt and limited.

I listened to Bud Elliot’s pod today, and he addressed it. Basically said he didn’t want to get into specifics out of respect for the staff (even though he doesn’t attend practices, so he is not at risk of having his credentials revoked), but FSU fans have known since spring that the foot/leg is an issue.

I mean he can’t ever be 100%, can he?

I mean he can’t ever be 100%, can he?

Think about it another way, what percentage would we have to put on it to say "hey, you are 'good enough' to play the game without your knee buckling from non-contact"? 80%? 90%? And if he's not even at that point...

This whole assessment of "he's 100% healed" is complete bullcrap anyhow. The guy needs to wear a full-leg sleeve nearly all the time. That's not MY definition of "100% healed".

Another word for an FSU QB these days is 'piñata'. If Milton starts the season, he 'aint finishing it.

Think about it another way, what percentage would we have to put on it to say "hey, you are 'good enough' to play the game without your knee buckling from non-contact"? 80%? 90%? And if he's not even at that point...

This whole assessment of "he's 100% healed" is complete bullcrap anyhow. The guy needs to wear a full-leg sleeve nearly all the time. That's not MY definition of "100% healed".

It was basically rhetorical. I’m in full agreement with @SFbayCane , I don’t even know why this guy is playing football, I understand somebody’s love for the game, but the risk to benefit ratio here is way out of whack

Advertisement
Advertisement

That’s exactly what was said on their board. They’ve known from the start about the foot and it is anyone’s guess how much he’ll play. Norvell wanted his senior leadership in the locker room.

Per FSU 247 board.

Apparrently the mods aren’t allowed to speak on injuries or Norvell threatened to cut their access. But a poster said that his foot just isn’t healing right from the leg injury, and they are basically considering making him a player/coach (I am summarizing).

He was in a walking boot yesterday. One of the threads on 247 was locked, so there is def some smoke (F them, although I do feel awful for Milton).

They have no depth at QB and Travis is injury prone. Could be a long season for the Noles, if true.
Did this just happen in their practice today? The posts on FSU's 247 site shows Milton practicing this morning.

Advertisement
There are certain issues that transcend sports rivalries. This is one of them IMO.

I have an immense amount of concern for this kid. My fear is that his desire to be back on the field is so strong that a group of incompetent coaches will allow him to play simply because of their own needs and desires. It could lead to a real medical disaster that will not only stain the sport, but could lead to a life being forever changed negatively. We all saw the reports that his leg was in such bad shape that the surgeons were initially contemplating amputation.

Seriously, as the parent of a former college athlete and as a human being I sure as **** hope this kid is either truly 100% healed or that the coaches have the fortitude to shut him down.

While I get all of that, a doctor has to clear him for anything. That doctor has to follow his oath or his professional license could be on the line. Then there's the potential for a huge lawsuit if the doctor caves to any kind of pressure.

If this was days gone by, I have no doubt that a doctor could sign off when a player shouldn't play. Today, yes it could happen, but that's the stuff you don't ever want to take a chance on as a medical professional or school.

Solid post and I don't want you to think I'm attacking it or anything.

Per FSU 247 board.

Apparrently the mods aren’t allowed to speak on injuries or Norvell threatened to cut their access. But a poster said that his foot just isn’t healing right from the leg injury, and they are basically considering making him a player/coach (I am summarizing).

He was in a walking boot yesterday. One of the threads on 247 was locked, so there is def some smoke (F them, although I do feel awful for Milton).

They have no depth at QB and Travis is injury prone. Could be a long season for the Noles, if true.
Probably been mentioned but there are options now with the portal. Gatewood transferred to Ky from Auburn and last a few months. He may be garbage but in today’s college game teams can find replacements fast.

Advertisement
Back