Rumor: Huff to Striker?

His junior season, or his freshman season? Didn't he redshirt his first year? And last year was a freebie for everyone. Who knows how many years Huff wants to attend college, but I don't think there's any concern about him wasting his eligibility at this point.

If he's wasting his ability, it's on him. Coaches would have plugged in any credible body at LB last season, and Huff couldn't get the job done. I thought Baker was horrible, and don't like Patke that much, either. But Huff seems to be his own worst enemy.

Advertisement
He’s certainly not a Mike and he played safety at STA. Considering many of our strikers are safety converts, this is probably what he’s better suited for.

My only issue is we have a lot athletic guys at striker and only one can play. We need all the athleticism we can get
What happens when the put out two strikers and just a mlb or two strikers and a free safety? I'm mean what really is a striker?

What happens when the put out two strikers and just a mlb or two strikers and a free safety? I'm mean what really is a striker?

All that is is a dime package.

A striker is basically a "rover", although most teams have a different name for it...Alabama calls it the "Star" position, Florida used to call it the "Eraser", etc.,etc..

Advertisement

How does CIS feel about this unconfirmed move? Striker isn't a position of weakness so there is no immediate need for Huff. LB is a position of weakness and many of us were hoping Huff would be part of the solution.

This sounds more like it's about Huff not getting it done at LB (if true).

bad move in my opinion....we have plenty of talent at Striker... yet LB is a position of need

on top of that, he will be coached by a 1st position coach... who's never had an on field coaching job...smh

I think some of you guys are over reacting. You have to expect player shuffling with a new staff. The new coaches are obviously accessing the talent available to them and acting accordingly by shuffling players and switching them to different positions for the betterment of the team.

If there's questions and if there's any tinkering that needs to be done, this is the time of year to do it.

Chess. Not checkers.
Overreacting?!?! Here?!?! Say it ain’t so!!!

Makes sense on an optics level. His frame and athleticism seems to be a better fit there.

Advertisement
Our new LB coach said it himself.... Striker is just an athletic OLB/S..... Does Huff not fit that? Man let the coaches do what they do. And btw, did it cross y'all minds that Huff might've asked to be switched himself? Smh
Agree. Anybody LB/DB that has enough speed can play striker

bad move in my opinion....we have plenty of talent at Striker... yet LB is a position of need

on top of that, he will be coached by a 1st position coach... who's never had an on field coaching job...smh

striker is just another version of an OLB. as a ton pointed out, its either your OLB, S, or DB. huff isnt an MLB and we only play 2 LBs at once anyways. if he fits there and does well, who cares? also, im pretty sure most if not all of the def coach will have their hands on the defense.

For the last ******* time..striker is a LB hybrid..it’s still essentially a LB position..WE RUN a 4-2-5 /4-3...everyone is running this variant of defense..bama is a 3-3-5/ 3/4

Advertisement
All that is is a dime package.

A striker is basically a "rover", although most teams have a different name for it...Alabama calls it the "Star" position, Florida used to call it the "Eraser", etc.,etc..
Exactly its a made up position just like the rest.

If he's wasting his ability, it's on him. Coaches would have plugged in any credible body at LB last season, and Huff couldn't get the job done. I thought Baker was horrible, and don't like Patke that much, either. But Huff seems to be his own worst enemy.
Oh I don't disagree. I was as excited we signed him as anybody, but it has blown me away all year how so many fans on here and the other site I spend more of my time on complain about "we're not playing the best LBs" and always include him on the list of guys who should be playing more or starting. Meanwhile he literally can't get on the field at all and no one's seen him actually play LB. It's crazy to me. But if you can't reps at LB on last year's team....man I just don't know.

Yes but maybe the kid just can't play it. Whether he can't pick it up mentally or just can't put on the weight needed to play it, who cares? If striker's the only place he has a chance to contribute then move him and give him a shot and whatever happens happens. I thought Gil had a really good year overall but when he was bad, he was awful. And Keontra hasn't set the world on fire yet. It's not like we have hall-of-famers there so it's not impossible someone could take reps from them at striker.

Advertisement

Patke just coached striker for...2-3 years? And as the new LB coach, he should 100% be able to tell if Huff has the tools to better succeed at striker rather than LB. Have to think Manny and maybe even Shoop saw something as well that thought this was a good move.

Apparently this is just rumors, he’s staying at LB. not everything Brad says is truth

Advertisement
Back