Rumor: Huff to Striker?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Well do we know who is coming back to the striker position...it appears there is some shuffling being done to sure up the CB's. We don't know what the striker position will look like come spring/fall!! This is the time to play around with positions. How do you know what the brand new secondary coaches are thinking?

How does CIS feel about this unconfirmed move? Striker isn't a position of weakness so there is no immediate need for Huff. LB is a position of weakness and many of us were hoping Huff would be part of the solution.

This sounds more like it's about Huff not getting it done at LB (if true).

If he’s not getting it done at LB then bench him and let’s somebody babe an opportunity for snaps at LB

I think that will hurt the chance of him getting immediate playing time...at linebacker, he has the potential to start or be the first one off the bench. At striker where they only play 1 at a time, he would be behind Frierson and Keontra.

Like I said about Harrell going to CB...the Spring is where all the labrat experiments happen. Try anything. See what happens. I like the potential “position-less” approach they are taking. Reminds me of the Big 3 Heat era where Coach Spo adopted it. If the goal is the find your best 22 players on Defense regardless of position, then I like the strategy.

Advertisement
Isn't the striker position a LB-S hybrid?
will ferrell idk GIF

Advertisement
He didn’t even see the field last year with a mess in front of him. If you feel he’s a striker let him develop, Frierson and maybe smith won’t be here much longer.

Like I said about Harrell going to CB...the Spring is where all the labrat experiments happen. Try anything. See what happens. I like the potential “position-less” approach they are taking. Reminds me of the Big 3 Heat era where Coach Spo adopted it. If the goal is the find your best 22 players on Defense regardless of position, then I like the strategy.
With all new coaches on the D side, we may see a lot more of this. Moving guys around to see what they’re good at and where they best fit.

Advertisement
Back