Ruiz was on WQAM talking Potential New NIL Guidelines

Advertisement
Im certainly not the smartest guy in any room, and I def would be speaking out of my realm if I got into it about the lawyer industry...buuuut a class action guy like Ruiz and the cases he's been on? Seems kinda disingenuous and ignorant of other fanbases etc to think that this man isn't going to cross every t and dot every i possible lol.

Last edited:
Im certainly not the smartest guy in any room, and I def would be speaking out of my realm if I got into the lawyer industry...buuuut a class action guy like Ruiz and the cases he's been on? Seems kinda disingenuous and ignorant of other fanbases etc to think that this man isn't going to cross every t and dot every i possible lol.
Most people have no idea how he made his money. They just assume he's a con artist because MiAmI bRo

Advertisement
Don't you know? Anything and everything that goes on in a scary big city—especially a diverse one—is corrupt and a con. Only oil barons and used cars salesmen can be trusted.
I mean, almost everything in Miami was built on cocaine money and we're the fraud capital of the US but otherwise we're a got**** wholesome town.

Summary:
1. 503c that are opened for NIL and have 100% marketing budget are going to get burned.
2. He has legitimate business that he is trying to market. Has spent $5million and he estimates has received $200 million in branding.
3. He only Tweets after they have committed
4. He doesn’t get into bidding wars. He assigns a marketing value to player and sticks with it
5. Has tried educating families not to chase the money but seek best playing opportunity to succeed to increase their worth. Believes families are being taken advantage of.
6. wants players to be interviewed by Joe to understand his process.
7. He does everything through UM compliance dept. He’s proposed ideas that were rejected by UM compliances.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man we told you guys that Ruiz is literally the smartest person in the room on this issue. He has so far ahead of other programs and the NCAA. And he is working with his lawyers and UM lawyers.
And the 2nd smartest person in the room is Mario. We have very good people on top of this.

Now that that is out of the way...I hope the NCAA destroys those schools that are cheating with NIL to help recruit athletes. How dare they. Thankfully the good people at the NCAA will take care of this (insert as many laughing emojis as possible).

We are doing NIL the right away for how it was intended.
He may be doing things within the rules, but the intent was not a scenario like announcing a basketball player that almost no one in Miami has ever heard of getting a $400K deal per year at the same time his commitment announced. The intent was that players could do some commercials, sign autographs, get some jersey sales, etc.

I am glad that Miami is the benefactor of this and understand/trust that he is following the rules - and for sure his companies are getting some publicity out of this - but this was certainly not what the intent of NIL was.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Summary:
1. 503c that are opened for NIL and have 100% marketing budget are going to get burned.
2. He has legitimate business that he is trying to market. Has spent $5million and he estimates has received $200 million in branding.
4. He doesn’t get into bidding wars. He assigns a marketing value to player and sticks with it
5. Has tried educating families not to chase the money but seek best playing opportunity to succeed to increase their worth. Believes families are being taken advantage of.
7. He does everything through UM compliance dept. He’s proposed ideas that were rejected by UM compliances.
#7 is a concern. I get an uneasy feeling they might not be best equipped for this new era.

Summary:
In an afternoon interview later in the day (guess it was his media rounds) he politely, but pointedly stated [paraphrasing] the NCAA staff is no match for him and his legal team if they want to go a few rounds.

Advertisement
Back