Ruiz Stadium update?

Advertisement
I think it has a chance. Two things Ruiz has to keep in tact, public park infrastructure and parking. He’s never said it’s going to be just parking and a stadium. If he’s mindful of those two things which from the site plans he is… it will get done.

Advertisement
Yawn wake me up when anything tangible happens. It’s good to dream but just because you have money to throw around doesn’t mean anything. First they wanted to knock down gables high now they think city of Miami is going to let them build a football stadium in tropical park lmfaoo
Yeah, you don't know whether they would or not, "Lmfaoo"

Advertisement
Yawn wake me up when anything tangible happens. It’s good to dream but just because you have money to throw around doesn’t mean anything. First they wanted to knock down gables high now they think city of Miami is going to let them build a football stadium in tropical park lmfaoo

There are things in motion behind the scenes already. I will give you a case in which Baptist Hospital purchased land to build a hospital in Sunrise just off Sawgrass Expressway and Oakland Park Blvd near Fla Panthers arena. The wheels for this were in motion 2 years before they formally announced it was happening which caused Broward Health to speed up a project because they've had land in Sunrise for 20 plus years and did nothing with it.

Also Tropical Park is not City of Miami, its run by the county and yes they could build something there if it is going to benefit the county and community in the long run which is what Ruiz wants to do. He wants this to be not just a stadium but multi purpose facility, shops, restaurants etc.

Are there many hurdles that are going to need to be cleared? Absolutely thanks to the Marlins fiasco, but its not impossible

People can crap on Ruiz if they want but I will say this... at least the guy is trying to attempting to do something for the program.

First off. Dope. For real. I think the concept is great.

But I have nothing better to do so some comments knowing full well this is a beggers can't be choosers situation:

-Love the horseshoe design like the OB. Needs to be that way.
-Trying to figure out the retractable roof but not a fan of playing on a field that has shadows like that, curved and random. My first thought was that the roof opens and closes like a shutter but can't really understand. Interested to see that aspect
-I think they can make that view real special out the East end zone onto the lake. Love that
-I don't see any luxury boxes rendered in, found that interesting
-Big fan of the palm tree aesthetic. I'm very much behind making a stadium feel like you're in Miami in a natural way. I always loved the palm trees in the East end zone at the OB. Rarely can you see a stadium and instantly know, "Oh, that's (insert city or location)".
-This would probably be the most cutting edge stadium in all of college football

Either way, if this stadium gets built the rest of CFB can shut up about "BuT tHeir StaDiuM!!!". Ruiz is doing an incredible thing here.
Everything I thought of to a t. Wasn’t a fan of those shadows but everything else looks awesome.

At least Ruiz is attempting to make something happen. I think this goes through.

Attempting to make something happen is great. But this is just something else to troll over. The city will never allow this to happen and he doesn’t have the money to do this without public backing, which he’ll never get. IMO it just makes the school and program look bad, but hey, I hope I’m wrong. But if John Ruiz builds a 60k seat stadium in Tropical Park with his own money and it becomes the home of UM Football, I will be more shocked than anything I have ever encountered in my entire life. If I woke up tomorrow with my head stapled to my bedroom wall, I would be less shocked than I would if this stadium comes to fruition.

Advertisement
At least Ruiz is attempting to make something happen. I think this goes through.

Not knocking Ruiz Sr. or the Ruiz family. I love that they're trying. But you have to call a spade a spade... it is a pipe dream. It's hard to build a fvckin house in Miami let alone a massive stadium in the literal heart of the city. All these renderings will do is make unknowing fans start to clamor for a new stadium when it's got no real legs.

HRS is a good home.

There's no room for a stadium, a public park, a lake and parking. They will have to have most underground.
Impossible. That would take an area the size of 62% of Hard Rock stadium UNDER ground? Expensive ... would cost more than the stadium .... and in and out?? He might have spaces for 10% of the parking (16,000 total is what was stated) ... and even that is $$$$$.

Advertisement
Pretty cool first design. Doesn't mean much as far as actually making progress to this becoming a reality but still cool. My big question - are Rad and Mario pushing for an on campus stadium this behind the scenes? My guess is yes, or else not sure why Ruiz would be going down this path.

that view over the lake is very nice especially with highway 874 in the background.

as a conservative i dont support the use of a public park for a private stadium. also, the current county mayor and commission will not support this.

Advertisement
Back