Ruiz saying AD candidates favored Lane

Advertisement
I think the concern here is not so much the all in on Mario vs. forcing upon an AD a decision. That’s not how u start off a marriage w/ a guy u’re entrusting to run ur AD; in essence, they’ll be an AD in name only, as The BOT or influential members are calling shots. That’ll turn off any AD worth a ****, and again, that’s not how u conduct business.

Not sure if there’s any accuracy to this report, but if so, that may be a reason for the hold up in getting a sound AD.

Miami seems more committed to supporting the football team this time and I’m thankful for that. However their fire, ready, aim approach has me worried. Any serious AD would be scratching their head too. They need to have plans instead of firing from the hip every time. BOT needs a shake up

Advertisement
They zeroed in on Cristobal. Im not faulting them for that. They said they are gonna get him and stuck to it. Pushing money to the side. Lane is qualified, Cristobal is qualified. Its different than choosing Diaz over Lane or something such.

Advertisement
This is probably why Rad is thinking. I already didn’t pick my HC. What if my HC wants to be more full control than I want? What if I am not in control of other decisions? Dabo is a known quantity. But its 3 million freaking dollars. 🤔
Well if Mario sucks, he could just fire him and pick his own guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd be surprised if all these ADs weren't fine with Luigi as HC though because we've yet to hear that it was a deal-breaker for any of them. This is also why a competent AD hire is beyond important because that person will seemingly have input into how Cristobal fills out his staff- which will obviously be largely determinative if he has the success we all desire.
You pay one guy 8 million and another 3 million. 8 might not hear 3.

You realize that HCs make more than ADs correct?
Correct. 8 million does not bow to 3 million on career making and breaking decisions. You realize that? Ask Rad if he filled out Dabo’s staff. Mario is now a made man like Saban.

Correct. 8 million does not bow to 3 million on career making and breaking decisions. You realize that? Ask Rad if he filled out Dabo’s staff. Mario is now a made man like Saban.
That’s my bad, I misread the guy you quoted speaking about filling out the staff. Rad would play no part in that.

Advertisement
Back