Ruiz saying AD candidates favored Lane

A top AD would have a candidate like Mario On his shortlist. That’s all I’m saying. Now he doesn’t have to burden himself with it. He doesn’t even have to worry about it. I get what your saying but it’s not like he’s being gifted a unproven guy full of questions marks
Oh it could certainly be worse, that's true. I just know that as an executive, I like to be in charge of important decisions, not inherit them. :)

Advertisement
By hiring an AD that has been neutered by the BOT? We'll see. I don't want to be short sighted and say "Just get Manny gone, Mario in, and all will be fine." If the AD can't make decisions, it's going to be a huge headache moving forward.
Smart post! I have to agree. I will love if we get mario a badass oc and dc. In my opinion the ad should interview all top candidates.

Smart post! I have to agree. I will love if we get mario a badass oc and dc. In my opinion the ad should interview all top candidates.
I've been lukewarm at best on Mario, but I think he'll do fine if we pony up for a top OC and DC. I just worry that we're going to hurt our chances with a top AD if we do it this way.

Either way, here's hoping for the best.

Like anyone would make that up. Even if it's not true, getting outscored by Utah 76-17 and bringing that garbage S&C coach Feld is extremely concerning. The defense didn't even try to tackle anyone.
1638750695756.jpeg

Advertisement
I've been lukewarm at best on Mario, but I think he'll do fine if we pony up for a top OC and DC. I just worry that we're going to hurt our chances with a top AD if we do it this way.

Either way, here's hoping for the best.
Mario wouldn't be my first choice but i think hes a major upgrade. It would show the school is willing to invest in football because there is no way mario would leave oregon where he gets everything.

I have the same concerns you have.

Mario can pay top dollar for an OC and DC. And he will I guess be recruiting well. But without Bama's S&C the team's still never going to come close to winning a NC. It doesn't matter how much money you spend, it's how good your S&C program is. There needs to be severe upgrades. Forget about that clown Feld. Target the best S&C coaches in the country.

“It’s an honor to accept the invite to the Alamo Bowl and play such a great program, a storied program, a championship program like the University if Oklahoma,” Cristobal said. “Certainly our players have worked extremely hard to earn this opportunity. They’ve never been out there before and we certainly look forward to the opportunity.”

"We are taking another big step in our growth toward being a championship program by earning a New Year's Six berth in the Allstate Sugar Bowl," Kiffin said in a school release. "I'm excited for our players to compete in one of the most tradition-rich bowls against a premier program in Baylor. We look forward to representing our university and the Southeastern Conference on this national platform."

Advertisement
Mario can pay top dollar for an OC and DC. And he will I guess be recruiting well. But without Bama's S&C the team's still never going to come close to winning a NC. It doesn't matter how much money you spend, it's how good your S&C program is. There needs to be severe upgrades. Forget about that clown Feld. Target the best S&C coaches in the country.
He just got fired from LSU.

I like Lanes play calling but to get to that next level u need savages NFL first round types. And I don't think Lane is that type of HC. We will never know maybe I'm wrong. But we still upgraded

Advertisement
Advertisement
All I know is, if this HC doesn’t work out, we will have a competent guy incharge of hiring the next guy. Unlike…Paul Dee, Kirby Hocutt, Sean Eichorst, or Blake James. F those guys.

Advertisement
Back