Ruiz family podcast

I get pushing the approval in the Gables is a nightmare but you actually do not need THAT much space. For those who disagree, go look at an aerial of Marlins park. Basically stretches from 3rd St to 7th and 16th ave to 14th ave. Essentially 6 city blocks.

Now go look around. There is room elsewhere.

Advertisement
I honestly think we should stay at the rock. There is no louder stadium than that place and it’s not about the distance from the school is about how the team plays. 2017-2018 are testimony to that.
The vpi and nd games were pretty great. Gave me hope that we could make hard rock our stadium

Last edited:
I agree that we should stay at the rock. It helps for fans coming from all 3 counties and makes local recruiting trips to games that much easier.

Advertisement
Haven’t been on the board much today. Have you posted a beeakdown of everything that happened behind the scenes?
I'm going on a hiatus then I'll come back with something. I need a break from all this , I still have a small business to run. Yet I'm staying up all hours of the night texting and pm'ing about movements lol. Tbh I'm exhausted.

If they can build a suitable stadium fine. But for me coming from palm beach, getting on and off of the turnpike is ABC. If all the students go to the game Its still on fans like us, many of which who didnt go to the school to show up. Its much easier to get to and from Hard Rock than a stadium in the heart of Miami. Like i said if they can do it, do it. But its of less consequence than people making. What matters is this money we pouring into the staff and the program. Hard Rock is gonna be lit. Also don't forget it is covered and i love being way up in the 300s when that rain come

Advertisement
He needs to pitch the stadium with some sort of shopping and entertainment connected to it. If he can pitch a City Walk/Disney Springs with a stadium instead of a theme park at one end he may be able to argue the job creation aspect and have a better chance. This way the project is generating revenue and work for the community year round. Build some of the retail space into the stadium. Dual purpose parking garages that aren't sitting unused 359 days. Tropical Park would be perfect, right off the highway. Keep some of the green space, City Walk/Disney Springs section, and then a stadium at the end of it all that blends in with the aesthetics. Enter into an agreement to let the local schools use the stadium. Create Jobs.

It has to be about adding to the community. It can't just be a stadium.

Oh, and selfishly, it has to be called the Orange Bowl and it has to have a similar layout. And urinal troughs. And the guy at the food stand needs to give me a discount if I pay him in cash.

Love Hard Rock .. Turnpike empties into the parking lot .. tremendous tailgating .. great fan amenities .. NOISEY!! You would lose more out of town fans than you would gain Miami students and city residents ... by having a hard to get to .. small stadium with lesser amenities. PLUS .. Mayor of Coral Gables called the idea "silly". Not even a concept has been presented to Coral Gables and he said flat out .. wouldn't happen IN Coral Gables. Principal of the high school said "crazy idea .. the school is a Historic Structure .. and we just invested $49 million into making it a state of the art facility in every regard". Not happening at CGHS. Ever.

I'm going on a hiatus then I'll come back with something. I need a break from all this , I still have a small business to run. Yet I'm staying up all hours of the night texting and pm'ing about movements lol. Tbh I'm exhausted.
We need you brother, your exhaustion is now a concern. Take a break and come swinging. We all appreciate your work fam.

I like what Ruiz is talking about but it seems like he has a alterer motives with this stadium idea.

Advertisement
The former site of Holsum Bakery, formerly owned by UM alum George Wilson and his wife Jane (whose father founded Holsum Bakery).

If only they had donated the land in the 1980s instead of building Bakery Centre...
I drove past that on the way home from school when I was a student. It was torture when you're starving and had an hour and a half drive ahead of you.

If they build it, we will come.

1638834162575.png

Advertisement
I get pushing the approval in the Gables is a nightmare but you actually do not need THAT much space. For those who disagree, go look at an aerial of Marlins park. Basically stretches from 3rd St to 7th and 16th ave to 14th ave. Essentially 6 city blocks.

Now go look around. There is room elsewhere.

****, there is room RIGHT NEXT DOOR, if you just tear down some older crappy buildings.

Build it in the Gables, as originally planned.

Ruiz doesn't strike me as the type to roll over and take "no" as an answer.

If the $20 billion man wants to build a stadium in the Gables, and if the largest employer in South Florida wants to build a stadium in the Gables, I have a hunch a few measly millionaire scrubs aren't going to stand their way if it's something they really want to do.

Advertisement
Back