Ruiz family attempting to build a stadium in Coral Gables...

Advertisement
My take is that if you want a stadium built down here with the limited land you would have to invest in a package of stadium interconnected to shopping, commercial, and green space. You would then have to open that stadium up for use by the city and local school. If you could guarantee job creation at a high level, benefit the local schools, keep a sense of niceness, MAYBE you could convince people to do it. Tropical Park may have enough space to do all that and it's next to a highway with commercial space to the East.

If you could do a very upscale version of City Walk (or smaller Disney Springs) in Orlando where instead of a theme park at one end there's a stadium I do think that may have a chance to get through.

here you go, everything a few of us have been saying. never going to happen.

Some people just don't understand Coral Gables. The school is incredibly lucky that it even has a baseball stadium and basketball arena. IMO football is a no-go in Coral Gables city limits as long as there is a Coral Gables. Maybe at one time a legitimate case could have been made for a stadium at the Merrick Park location, but that ship sailed 20 years ago.

Also, this was a doubly bad idea because of the whole moving Gables High thing. Again, if you don't know Coral Gables or Miami in general, you'd have no idea how much that school means to the community and its many alumni over the past 70 years. There are some high schools in Miami-Dade you could just pick up and move and no one would give a crap, but.............Gables High is not one of them.

Advertisement
Without having intimate knowledge of the landscape, to me, that statement read like the opening act to a long-haul negotiation. Skids will have to be greased heavily to get something like this done, the opposition is just letting him know it's not going to be easy (cheap)

Too much good news today. Must celebrate on a weeknight.
I was going to do this but I’m $1 Billion short.

Without having intimate knowledge of the landscape, to me, that statement read like the opening act to a long-haul negotiation. Skids will have to be greased heavily to get something like this done, the opposition is just letting him know it's not going to be easy (cheap)
never going to happen. never ever. never ever. no matter how much money. if you don't live here, you would not understand.

On campus stadium was Howard's biggest non-economic demand to take the job, and one The U promised him but never let is happen. 50k Cane fans in properly designed stadium with fast turf would be huge home-field advantage - maybe not the OB but could be close.

Advertisement
I’m not going to go through all 33 pages and maybe it has already been discussed.

While I love HRS (After the renovations), it would be awesome to build an Orange Bowl clone with a state of the art design (And better bathrooms).

Advertisement
1638982219395.png

Didn’t the Mas brothers strike out in building a soccer stadium in Miami Dade? The Miami Club plays in Broward ultimately settling there as several battles were lost every time.

Good luck to Mr. Ruiz but just don’t see a football stadium being built in Dade County.

Advertisement
Actually, unless it's changed in the last 5 years, there are still some select seminar classes on Saturdays. Not many, but some. It's not a full course load, but some departments fit in lab/lecture discussion groups on Saturdays...
Business school has some classes on Saturday too

Didn’t the Mas brothers strike out in building a soccer stadium in Miami Dade? The Miami Club plays in Broward ultimately settling there as several battles were lost every time.

Good luck to Mr. Ruiz but just don’t see a football stadium being built in Dade County.
still under negotiations at Melreese Park

Advertisement
Back