Ruiz family attempting to build a stadium in Coral Gables...

Advertisement
Do they only need 13 acres for the stadium including everything that comes with it? He may be able to “relocate” the school to the south on the remaining 11 acres, go vertical with the high school then build the stadium on the current school site. The high school doesn’t need to be so spread out . The school can use UM’s sport facilities?

That’s probably the plan but the hardest would be the school hence it’s mentioning.
90A5715B-4AC1-432B-B053-14D42B8E4C74.png

The 24/7 article is free to read and he would be active in finding a new location for the high school

Advertisement
Used to live down there and them ppl ain’t letting that pass through. They wouldn’t even let Walmart come down there 😂😂😂😂

Traffic could be handled if they set up some type of deal with the metro rail and used some buses or something of the sort. I don’t see this happening at all tho

Used to live down there and them ppl ain’t letting that pass through. They wouldn’t even let Walmart come down there 😂😂😂😂

Traffic could be handled if they set up some type of deal with the metro rail and used some buses or something of the sort. I don’t see this happening at all tho
Green bills do funny things to people.

Advertisement

Yep, tailgate on campus and then take the metro to the stadium. Complete and utter nonsense.

That would take 10 years of political lobbying, rezoning, city planning, and that doesn't even take into consideration the contentious residental and school district lobbying. But I like it, I like it a lot!!
Those that don’t know what it’s like down here have no clue how difficult this will be. But anything is possible with Fvk you money

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
The parcel West Lab sits on isn't nearly large enough to build anything resembling a decent stadium. I would know because I lived in a house right off Granada throughout Undergrad, Grad and Law School. We used to run routes in that giant field across from West Lab. Never mind the fact that you have environmental features that would also make it unlikely. That waterway cannot be diverted or touched, due to the manatees that utilize it as a habitat. You would need to buy out all those houses over there and try to build on the other side of Granada. Those houses are easily 1 million plus on the market right now. Once you get those parcels, then you'd have to pay for building, you'd have to pay the City of CG for the infrastructure improvements, and that's why you are talking about a billion dollar investment. I don't know if a guy worth 20 billion is going to give up that much for one project, especially one that may require more than that billion, especially if you have to buy politicians and media sources.

1 billion is on the light side, taking all the logistics into consideration with a high school and everything you mentioned it’s got to be well north of $1 billion like may be approaching 2 billion

Happy to hear the news.. Hope it really goes through.... My only point to this is the supposed earliest ground breaking which I read 2022....... Wouldn't you have to have the new high school built by then for the students to go too?? right?? Unless they're talking ground breaking on the High School maybe?....It's Dec. now... I'm in the construction field and I can't recall a High School or any large scale project ever going up in under a year .... I mean you would literally have to start building right now... LOL!!!.
Anyway I'm game for a Stadium near Campus... I honestly never thought it would come to fruition but hey, If someone can pull it off then by all means do so.....

This guy better not be Nevin 2.0
With NIL, the game has changed and the risk of a Nevin 2.0 is much lower. Just gotta make sure girls are not compensated to show up at parties...if you know what I mean.

I think Ruiz will always keep it classy.

Advertisement
Back