Ruiz family attempting to build a stadium in Coral Gables...

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Brooklyndee this is what I was talking about a month ago when I reached out. My guy said there was real smoke. Not sure what to think.
Gables it ain't happening. City commissioner would get lynched on his front lawn if he put that kind of traffic around that old money with nowhere for it to go. If a stadium were to happen(which eventually it will) most likely it's tamiami or tropical with only other possibility near the airport.

This is why Rad is brought in. The one thing I don't think there is any question about with him is his ability to get facilities put up at a quick pace. He doesn't have hella experience hiring Football/Basketball coaches, but dude has got that type of **** done. That would be awesome.

Why not just move Miami International airport and build a stadium there
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Yeah, this is a different deal than the others people were raising. There’s no way it can break ground in 2022 though - they need to go through design and lot of approvals still. It’s a massive endeavor

There are still huge obstacles. One of them being, as has already been mentioned, the city of Coral Gables.

How do they ever approve this? I’m not familiar with Coral Gables politics although I lived there obviously for a but only as a renter. I wasn’t into local politics and I've never owned property in CG. But I am aware that quality of life for residents is one of their guiding principles.

The more you think this out, with all the “high school relocation“ talk, all the money that would conceivably have to be paid to governmental entities, all the eminent domain issues, and on and on I just don’t see how this is anywhere under 1.5 billion may be much more. I mean relocating an entire high school?

Look, I’m much more in tune with lets spend this money on the program and the coaching staff for the administrative staff, on team infrastructure those kinds of things, and then we can see about this.

But like I said in my first post of this thread, this only works if somebody wants to do it on their dime. Trying to secure funding for something like this through investors is going to be very difficult because a return is going to be near impossible to prove.

It can only work through donations, and fully funded that way. Whether it’s one person or a handful of people, or many people. Fully paid for and funded.

Those Merrick Park tea-sips would have a fit. It'd be worth seeing.
They did it in Chestnut Hill with Boston College and the House that Flutie built. I lived in Newton/Chestnut Hill for 10 years, 86-96. That’s Mayflower money man, the houses around BC are tremendous. They had 1 large lot for season ticket holders, bused the rest in from lots all over the place along with using the T. It worked. And nobody ****es on anybodies lawn.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think this is pointless. The stadium isn't and has never been the problem. The student population is small. Hard Rock is central to fans North and South.. Put a winning product on the field and the fans will show out. We saw in the ND game what Hard Rock could be. The team plays in a stadium that hosts Super Bowls. Mic drop. 🎤

Nope. He’s been blowing through real estate the last few years and that’s one of them. Flips and short term investments.

A replica or something similar to the Baylor stadium - with an obvious Miami twist - would be ideal. And it’s 45K seats.

50K is perfect.

Baylors stadium is nice! Rice stadium isn’t as nice but in an affluent residential area in Houston. No issues with the community. Stadium idea should be real in Coral Gables. Only enhances the school and potentially drive value up in area.

Advertisement
Back