Ruiz family attempting to build a stadium in Coral Gables...

I still think it’ll be Tropical Park unless the Soccer stadium but the airport picks up traction.

Advertisement
They did it in Chestnut Hill with Boston College and the House that Flutie built. I lived in Newton/Chestnut Hill for 10 years, 86-96. That’s Mayflower money man, the houses around BC are tremendous. They had 1 large lot for season ticket holders, bused the rest in from lots all over the place along with using the T. It worked. And nobody ****es on anybodies lawn.
Have you been to Alumni Stadium? It's utter trash. It's a miserable experience, a bandbox of a stadium that limits what that program can be. I'd be embarrassed if Miami built a stadium of that quality.

Used to live down there and them ppl ain’t letting that pass through. They wouldn’t even let Walmart come down there 😂😂😂😂

Traffic could be handled if they set up some type of deal with the metro rail and used some buses or something of the sort. I don’t see this happening at all tho
I agree that they won’t let it happen, but Walmart isn’t a great example. Like an oil refinery or chemical processing plant, nobody wants a f**king Walmart in their back yard.

Advertisement
Again there’s going to be traffic cost associated with this, maybe in the millions or hundreds of millions.

The other thing, and we need to be realistic, it’s for someone to have this kind of crazy monopoly money to take on funding a stadium without any public support, i.e. public money, you have to have a shlt load of money and most of it is apparently dependent on this SPAC deal which is not necessarily a guaranteed thing.
It needs to be LIQUID funding, and that's the problem. When you are doing an IPO, you are always a **** market correction or a surplus of fear away from things going sideways. This isn't a guy like T. Boone, who had made so much money before, that he was sitting on a ton of liquid capital and started giving it away. This guys entire net worth is tied into this IPO.

We have to park on people’s lawns at $500.00 a car for playoff games just like the old Orange Bowl.

Some traditions must never die.

Logged in just to like this comment
mrw GIF

Advertisement
There is a large parking lot on the other side of the Waterway. Build garages there, pedestrian walkway across the waterway. stadium on West Lab lot + the open field adjacent to Grenada. Tailgates can be throughout school lots on campus and walk to stadium like every other school. Also an easy walk from metro stop and people can park at dadeland or South Miami metro garages. Makes more sense than CGHS.
Do you understand how small the WestLab school parcel is? Never mind the fact that you need to have other things there. You need locker rooms, you still need to have all the other auxiliary spaces there. You'd be butting up against US-1, and good luck with that.

Just some additional info here….

Michael Mena, Vice Mayor of Coral Gables and city commissioner is a partner at Ruiz’s law firm. He’s a rabid cane fan and was a super active poster on Grassy for a long time. Frank Quesada is about to be worth 7B in the same deal as Ruiz, is also a partner and also a former coral gables city commissioner. The more I think about this, the politics may be doable.
Paying Season 2 GIF by Friends

Advertisement
I would prefer it to be around 60,000 with a similar roofing system to the Marlins. We’re gonna be running the ball so that would play to keeping the weather in our favor plus really bump the crowd noise. The Carrier Dome is really load because of it.

Advertisement
Have you been to Alumni Stadium? It's utter trash. It's a miserable experience, a bandbox of a stadium that limits what that program can be. I'd be embarrassed if Miami built a stadium of that quality.
Had season tix there so I’d have a good seat for when the Canes came to town. Metal benches, lol. Point being, they got it done in Chestnut Hill. It can happen in CG, you just have to have the vision, money, and the power to persuade people.

Do you understand how small the WestLab school parcel is? Never mind the fact that you need to have other things there. You need locker rooms, you still need to have all the other auxiliary spaces there. You'd be butting up against US-1, and good luck with that.

It’s not that small….would need to maybe replace a couple of the school buildings next door, or incorporate them as part of the structure. It looks roughly the same size as CGHS lot. Just saying if you’re picking between the two, West Lab makes more sense. Personally I think most realistic is something like Tropical Park.

It’s not that small….would need to maybe replace a couple of the school buildings next door, or incorporate them as part of the structure. It looks roughly the same size as CGHS lot. Just saying if you’re picking between the two, West Lab makes more sense. Personally I think most realistic is something like Tropical Park.
It would be bigger than Baylor’s.

I would prefer it to be around 60,000 with a similar roofing system to the Marlins. We’re gonna be running the ball so that would play to keeping the weather in our favor plus really bump the crowd noise. The Carrier Dome is really load because of it.
Bruh, do you realize how expensive that would be? C’mon. I’ll take a canopy to keep noise level in and sun/rain away.

Advertisement
Back