Ruben Hyppolite

But Finley was a 4 star per rivals and ESPN. Not sure if he was a composite, but he was on that border 3/4 ranking like Zach was.

However, u’re right. Sometimes our players do getting rating bumps. I believe Nesta became the 3 DT in the nation by seasons end
I thought Finley was a 3 consensus. I think I do remember Rivals bumping him up to 4 tho.. I believe. I know Pick was a 3, that was just bad evaluating tho. He won state his Sr season and made plays all over the field.

Advertisement
Bro if Flagg was Shaq’s height, he wouldn’t even be available for us. I mean, everybody recruiting service and most fans, even coaches love measurables. I mean we got in trouble with Central and missed out on two of the best RBs out of there to come out of Florida bc of it. It’s not always about how good a kid is.

Look, imma be honest....I’m not a fan of his.

He could be 6’3 and it wouldn’t matter. I see a coached/robotic player, v. a guy w natural instincts. I guess that’s why I always valued Pinckney over Shaq coming out. Pinckney just had a feel for when & where to blitz and which hole to attack.

He was more instinctual v. going through the coaching moments, if u get what I’m saying. Shaq got more fan fare, but Pinck was always my guy.

I’m just not feeling Flagg, and if he becomes a Cane, like w everyone else, I’ll root for him like there’s no tomorrow. I would LOVE to eat crow if he came here & became an all time great. I’m not one of those fans that love the “I told u so” limelight when our players don’t pan out, ONCE they become our players......well, except Dykstra and Knowles, two players that literally had no business being here. Lol.

I think our de-emphasis of LBs on the field may have something to do with it. You can’t tout 4-2-5 flexibility, the striker position, and take hybrid DEs every cycle and it not have a residual effect on the position group that gets smaller as a consequence.

True. And then when we have 3 serious injuries, our depth goes to ****.

This guy listed slow linebackers and edge guys and said why ain't land 4star LBs. Has Lber recruiting been perfect absolutely not, i liked the guys we identified, guys always emerge late because it is only June, and you have to account for how many kids are wait and see with us because we do not drop bags.
Who is in wait and see mode?

Advertisement
Look, imma be honest....I’m not a fan of his.

He could be 6’3 and it wouldn’t matter. I see a coached/robotic player, v. a guy w natural instincts. I guess that’s why I always valued Pinckney over Shaq coming out. Pinckney just had a feel for when & where to blitz and which hole to attack.

He was more instinctual v. going through the coaching moments, if u get what I’m saying. Shaq got more fan fare, but Pinck was always my guy.

I’m just not feeling Flagg, and if he becomes a Cane, like w everyone else, I’ll root for him like there’s no tomorrow. I would LOVE to eat crow if he came here & became an all time great. I’m not one of those fans that love the “I told u so” limelight when our players don’t pan out, ONCE they become our players......well, except Dykstra and Knowles, two players that literally had no business being here. Lol.
Dykstra still on the team?? I get why Knowles still here but has Dykstra ever played in a game? Him and Bar Milo, the biggest 4 star bust ever. I’m a fan of players like Flagg. He’s one coachable and uses his training on the field. 2. He’s a worker and a natural leader bc that takes a lot of studying and understanding the opponent. Kids like that are normally on winning teams. I get what you’re saying about Pick vs Shaq. The problem with players like Pick tho, are the things I just listed for Flagg. They don’t necessarily have to do as much work bc of the natural gifts, so will they work like they need to is the concern.

True. And then when we have 3 serious injuries, our depth goes to ****.

But if you have three serious injuries in any position it all goes to ****. It’s not entirely that rare but who is really satisfied with the depth at 4th or 5th LB? Or 4th strong RB? Or 4th Safety?

I’d love to have another Linebacker but CJ Perry transferred because of lack of game time, Wilder, Jennings and Steed all have serious injuries. That’s 4 guys who were in the plans now suddenly out. We could have probably another freshmen but would that really change anything this year?

Dykstra still on the team?? I get why Knowles still here but has Dykstra ever played in a game? Him and Bar Milo, the biggest 4 star bust ever. I’m a fan of players like Flagg. He’s one coachable and uses his training on the field. 2. He’s a worker and a natural leader bc that takes a lot of studying and understanding the opponent. Kids like that are normally on winning teams. I get what you’re saying about Pick vs Shaq. The problem with players like Pick tho, are the things I just listed for Flagg. They don’t necessarily have to do as much work bc of the natural gifts, so will they work like they need to is the concern.

This is what imma do my guy; imma go back & re-watch Flagg’s film today.

Advertisement
Jennings, steed, wilder, joyner, huff, and brooks are the LBs that have been signed since the big 3. 3 of those guys didn't even play LB in hs because they were DEs.
What does that mean? There’s an endless list of Miami players that went pro from a position they weren’t in high school or recruited for. Brooks was one of the best LBs in the state. Huff is a freak. Then Gil will be hard to take off the field, as well as Smith and Bolden..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty sure we passed on all those guys, Rosendo he may have passed on us or vice verse, I would have taken Bonnito

Louis definitely passed on us. I was ****ed, but it is what it is. I think he had a bad attitude about Miami during the recruiting process IIRC. ... We could have used him right now.

Advertisement
Back