Rousseau Scouting Report

Advertisement
I always hear mixed reviews from Stroud are our players getting good technique like coach Simpson and Kool did before
You hear reviews from people who are judging him based off his resume. They don't like him because he came here from Akron.

Give him more guys like Rousseau, and he'll suddenly become a genius just like most other position coaches do when they accumulate blue chip players.

Advertisement
I always hear mixed reviews from Stroud are our players getting good technique like coach Simpson and Kool did before
Yes they are, all you have to do is watch the film & you'll see it yourself.

People on this board dislike Stroud because he's not the **** big name coach they always wanted & because he's not a former Cane...

And also because unfortunately a large portion of our fanbase are just plain Football illiterate & have no idea wtf they're watching.

Rousseau was doing shìt he couldn't have learned from anyone else because he sat out his entire Freshman year with an injury, so if people wanna give credit to his technique you have to mention his DL coach, which our fans don't want to because then it would mean all their presuppositions about him are wrong.

I’m feeling super good about our top 3 guys. How legit is the Harvey talk? I know people are excited about the two 2020 Williams kids. How about 2019 Cam Williams?
From things that I read he’s our most athletic edge that we have according to the coaches. I’m gonna watch some snaps of the freshman when I’m free to get a better feel for them but I think he can be that next guy. In my opinion that redshirt year really benefited him and us.

With Williams this is where COVID sucks because it’s like we have no idea about him really due to us not seeing in game reps. And I haven’t really heard as much buzz on him just from what I’ve read on boards.

Watch how Rousseau destroys guards when he’s lined up inside. Phillips and Roche coming off the edge - it should be scary for teams to try and handle.

He’s a beast on the edge vs TE as well. He uses his length so well.

Watch how Rousseau destroys guards when he’s lined up inside. Phillips and Roche coming off the edge - it should be scary for teams to try and handle.

He’s a beast on the edge vs TE as well. He uses his length so well.
He's a monster inside when Baker doesn't overthink it like we saw last year. When we move Rosseau inside I want to see us rush 4.

Advertisement
Bread & Butter DL in 2020: DE Roche | DT Silvera | DT Rousseau | DE Phillips

Are you with me?!

Advertisement
On obvious passing downs

You're not with me then mane.

We have a chance to have 4 DL get drafted if we use Roche/Silvera/Rousseau/Phillips as our bread and butts!

Ford, Harvey, Miller, Blissett, Holley, Hunte off the bench. There's nothing can stop us.

Advertisement
NO!!!! That's great on obvious passing downs but there is no chance we move a potential top 10 pick at DE inside to DT full-time.

Not full-time. More like 50-60% of the time.

Two main reasons:

1. Doesn't matter where he lines up. Rousseau does damage when he's on the field and must be accounted for.

2. Roche & Phillips at DE allows us the luxury of moving Rousseau around like a chess piece.

You're not with me then mane.

We have a chance to have 4 DL get drafted if we use Roche/Silvera/Rousseau/Phillips as our bread and butts!

Ford, Harvey, Miller, Blissett, Holley, Hunte off the bench. There's nothing can stop us.

I’m not with you.

On obvious passing downs sure, kick him inside. Half his sacks last year were inside. But the last thing I’m doing is putting my stud pass rusher insider on rush downs to get beat up with double teams and worn down when it’s not necessary. Keep that guy fresh and move him around when it best suits him and the situation.

There’s more than enough snaps to go around. We rotated 2 lines back in 2001 and can do it again. Phillips has a history of injuries so why force too many reps on him as well? Let’s these guys stay fresh and hunt.

Advertisement
Back