Rousseau Scouting Report

I’m not with you.

On obvious passing downs sure, kick him inside. Half his sacks last year were inside. But the last thing I’m doing is putting my stud pass rusher insider on rush downs to get beat up with double teams and worn down when it’s not necessary. Keep that guy fresh and move him around when it best suits him and the situation.

There’s more than enough snaps to go around. We rotated 2 lines back in 2001 and can do it again. Phillips has a history of injuries so why force too many reps on him as well? Let’s these guys stay fresh and hunt.

Good points. I love the idea of moving him around and am not advocating a full-time move, but I can envision our best DL pairing with him at DT and Phillips at DE.

A few benefits of more time at DT are batted balls at 6'6, using him on stunts, and they'll run at Roche and take Rousseau out of the play pretty often.

But your points are well taken. Phillips does have an injury history (10 games in 3 years) but if he finally breaks through this year it will get difficult to keep him off the field. Rousseau playing DT more often would depend on Phillips playing up to his billing as a number 1 overall recruit.

Advertisement
Jeremiah talked about Jamarr Chase, Travis Ettienne and Rousseau on his pod today.

He gave Rousseau the highest grade of the three.
Jeremiah was also on the Ryen Russillo podcast and echoed the same thing about Rousseau, said he was his favorite non-QB prospect. Also, compared his game to Vikings pro bowl DE Danielle Hunter.

Jeremiah talked about Jamarr Chase, Travis Ettienne and Rousseau on his pod today.

He gave Rousseau the highest grade of the three.
Just listened, whole podcast was pretty good. The shannahan deep dive was cool too.

Funny how he talked about goin back to watch Rousseau hudl highlights from his high school junior year. How awesome is that for scouts to just pull up with a few clicks and then have Rousseau reach out on twitter with weight.. File that under Technology being awesome.. Also that is gonna be a big feather in Diaz cap forever.

to listen:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...with-daniel-jeremiah-bucky-brooks/id915544088

Advertisement
Back