Rousseau Opts out - F****

Advertisement
What Games did he vanish? Every elite DE has games they vanish btw... Chase Young vanished for the 3 most important games of Ohio State season last year and still went #2... Having a ton of film isn't everything. Good film is far more important. So much goes into the drafting process, Rousseau is a physical freak and will show up at the combine in the best shape of his life. Dudes 6'7 255LBs and is a former Safety/WR. Dudes going to show up at the combine running a 4.68 and benching 20-25 Reps at 225LBs. The NFL draft is all about upside and projecting what that player will become and Rousseau has more then enough film to show his upside. Don't forget he has 2 years of Practice and Spring film as well

DATE OPP RESULT TOT SOLO AST SACK STF STFYDS
Thu 12/26
vs
LAT
LAT
L
14-0
5 3 2 1.5 0 0
WALK-ON'S INDEPENDENCE BOWL
Sat 11/30
@
DUKE
DUKE
L
27-17
9 2 7 2 0 0
Sat 11/23
@
FIU
FIU
L
30-24
5 2 3 0 0 0
Sat 11/9
vs
LOU
LOU
W
52-27
1 1 0 0 0 0
Sat 11/2
@
FSU
FSU
W
27-10
8 7 1 4 0

I get upside, potential, all of that. His one and only great game was FSU. While outstanding, I would need to see more against quality competition. I think he can do it, but his film is so limited that yes, it's a concern when combined with opting out this year. Then you add in those sure to emerge this year, he's cost himself a lot of money.

Anyhow, good luck, but hardly knew you were here.

Advertisement
I wonder how many of those deaths are those non vaccination people?
I think it's only like a 25% vaccination rate for the entire population. That's off memory though. And the vaccination has to be for the right strain, which is always an educated guess.

I do wonder if more people will get vaccinated from here on.

Advertisement
I love that GR15 is a sure fire top 15 pick based on half a season. No one on this board has ever overrated any of our players.

It's hard to get better when you're not playing. He will lose 1 full year of development. Training on your own is very different than practicing with your team and playing in games.

For everyone saying Greg Rousseau is a SURE FIRE first round pick...he may well end up being...but, just for a few samples of Way Too Early Mock Drafts from 2019...

Matt Miller's Mock -- only 11 of 32 picks ended up as Round 1 picks.
Ben Standig (NBC) -- only 8 of 32 picks ended up as Round 1 picks.
USAToday (from September) -- only 12 of 32 picks ended up as Round 1 picks.

A few other no name blogs I was counting up, somewhere between 9 and 12 picks ended up as Round 1 picks.

Outside of Chase Young, a lot of these blogs had numerous "EDGE" players as high R1 picks and they did not end up R1 picks.

No sure things out there.

Also, I've said it before in threads around draft time, but I can not stress enough...athletic testing matters for EDGE players...a lot.

Advertisement
I should have put the word "people" in front of "die". Yes, tens of thousands die from influenza in the US every year. No, tens of thousands under 25 don't.
Actually Influenza has killed about 1.0 to 1.7 million Americans during higher than normal seasons.. And under the age of 24 about 30-50 thousand.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Also my Significant other is a ICS at Uhealth and during April and May several football players had covid. None were hospitalized and all had mild symptoms.

Advertisement
Back