Rousseau Opts out - F****

Advertisement
Advertisement
This move by GR15 is soft. As long as we're all clear that it's not really the fear of COVID that is keeping him from playing, but the presence of COVID as an excuse to not play.

If this is acceptable, I'm not sure why any kid that has a great freshman or sophomore year would play their junior or senior year. The scholarship wouldn't be enough. This is probably the beginning of a bigger trend we'll see in college unless they start to pay players.

Advertisement
What Games did he vanish? Every elite DE has games they vanish btw... Chase Young vanished for the 3 most important games of Ohio State season last year and still went #2... Having a ton of film isn't everything. Good film is far more important. So much goes into the drafting process, Rousseau is a physical freak and will show up at the combine in the best shape of his life. Dudes 6'7 255LBs and is a former Safety/WR. Dudes going to show up at the combine running a 4.68 and benching 20-25 Reps at 225LBs. The NFL draft is all about upside and projecting what that player will become and Rousseau has more then enough film to show his upside. Don't forget he has 2 years of Practice and Spring film as well
Practice and Spring film? Against the same below average OL day after day? This is not even close to the same as two to three seasons playing for real, and against top competition.

I am as much a GR15 fan as anybody claiming sitting out the season will not impact his draft status doesn’t make sense. The NFL indeed projects how a player will develop as a professional but production in games counts heavily. Especially playing against better OTs. Film doesn’t lie.

Greg will be a workout warrior and ‘pass the eyeball test’ but there will be questions about only one year of production against poor competition. The NFL spends as much or more time finding reasons not to draft a player as much why select him.

I would be thrilled to have him selected #1-10 and throw up ‘The U’ at the draft.

Not necessarily. Others could pass him by with the limited amount of game reps he has like you said. Difference can be $20-$30M in the first round alone. See Jonathan Allen coming back for Bama a few years ago as an example

Or not if he tears his knee again

Gregs mom is a nurse and has been active during this pandemic. Told her son that she has seen too many young people die from this.

"He is soft", "So selfish"... ungrateful ********.

Practice and Spring film? Against the same below average OL day after day? This is not even close to the same as two to three seasons playing for real, and against top competition.

I am as much a GR15 fan as anybody claiming sitting out the season will not impact his draft status doesn’t make sense. The NFL indeed projects how a player will develop as a professional but production in games counts heavily. Especially playing against better OTs. Film doesn’t lie.

Greg will be a workout warrior and ‘pass the eyeball test’ but there will be questions about only one year of production against poor competition. The NFL spends as much or more time finding reasons not to draft a player as much why select him.

I would be thrilled to have him selected #1-10 and throw up ‘The U’ at the draft.
It will effect his draft status, he's no longer a Top 5 Pick but he's definitely a 1st Round Lock.

Advertisement
Gregs mom is a nurse and has been active during this pandemic. Told her son that she has seen too many young people die from this.

"He is soft", "So selfish"... ungrateful ********.
She's a nurse in Broward county. There have been 6 deaths under age 25 in the entire county, And another 5 if you count 25-34.

Everyone repeat after me .... "There is insurance available for schools to purchase on behalf of players to protect against injury/Covid complications causing a drop in a player's draft stock" .... so your comment is completely nullified. This information is on practically every single page of this thread yet you and others continue to post this drivel as a legitimate reason which it is not.

I’m going to take a guess that the premiums for Covid coverage on these types of policies are either too high to make them worth it or the companies aren’t offering that kind of coverage at all.

Advertisement
So how many would have been not too many?

What about other diseases that have killed 11 under 35? Should we be concerned about them?
yes. you should be concerned about stuff that kills people. glad we have established that.

What a puss...either using Covid to disguise his fear of a real injury or uneducated on the virus.

Oh, yeah..."uneducated on the virus"...

The motherfvcking DOCTORS can't agree, let alone the politicians.

Yet random internet porsters are "educated on the virus" while college students are "uneducated on the virus".

Sure.

Leave the kid alone and stop calling him names.

Advertisement
Back