Ross visiting Miami, not Alabama

Advertisement
Does anybody know about the level of competition? Kind of reminds me of Rashawn Scott's high school highlight tape. Biggest and fastest dude on the field. Still really impressive though.

Advertisement
Dude looks much better at safety to me

Tape is crazy, but he won't be able to get away with shouldering guys like that once he gets to college. Gonna take some time to break that habit, and might take away some of the wreckless abandon. That's my only concern for him.

Moar of this guy - #9. Wow! Going to share this with my young son. This is how the game is meant to be played.

Looks a lot like Carl Walker's HS footage. Carl was an absolute savage wrecking ball and a really great athlete.

Advertisement
Just amazed more schools were not on him earlier. So much to like. He's def gonna be a playmaker on the next level

Ha ha just saw the post calling for someone to say " level of competition." It's still a valid concern.

To answer that question, I've coached in that region. He's in AA ball in Central GA. On that film, however, you see this kid doing the same thing against some AAA and a AAAA school(s). There are usually some pretty good skill guys (speed) in that area, so its not like he's playing 'The sisters of the poor'. The real difference is that the lineman in that region are usually smaller. There are USUALLY not many 250+ OL/DL in that area. But it's some pretty good small school football being played and overall the competition level is solid. Auburn's QB (Nick Marshall), Charles Johnson (Carolina Panthers), D. Thomas (#88 Denver Broncos), E. Walden (Packers DE/LB) and L. Floyd #84 (starting Fr. OLB at UGA) are ALL from about the same 15-25 mile radius as this Ross kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back