Rosier

I mean yeah he has his deficiencies but what does it say about the other QB’s who can’t beat him out? As bad as he is he’s still out in front being the starter. I just don’t see how y’all blame/bash the kid when he wasnt suppose to be a starter here in the front 1st place... He did more last year than Kaaya did in 3 years when he was a highly touted QB..

It says a ton about the other qbs. Williams obviously gets a pass on any criticism. He is too new. So far everything we've heard is promising. On the other hand, everything we've heard about Perry has been negative. He's not putting in the work and isn't making smart decisions in practice. I can't remember hearing much about Weldon lately. Perry or Weldon should be creating a QB controversy, not the true freshman. But it sounds like Williams has the edge over two more experienced players, which means Richt might have whiffed big time. Good news is that it is not like the NFL where missing on a QB sets you back years. It is recoverable, especially if Williams turns out to be the answer (I strongly believe that he is- very accurate, smart qb who will win #6 for Miami ) and gets some burn this year.

Advertisement
Start whoever won’t turn the ball over. That’s all. I don’t care if we run the most basic offense for the first half of season to start 1 of the 3 freshman.

I don’t dislike Malik the way most do. He is what he is and his mobility was a breath of fresh air from Kayaa.

Certainly didn't help Kaaya.

Berrios caught more balls & TDs from Malik last year, than He caught from Kaaya His 1st 3 years COMBINED.

Ditto with Herndon.
Wasn't last year the first time Berrios played the slot the full year? Also, his true freshman year Kaaya and Berrios were young. Second year Berrios was injured. Third year he was still out of position, and a guy called Richards shows up and blows everyone away. So yeah, there's a reason Rosier threw him more passes. Senior WRs are usually among the most trusted by QBs, no? Berrios catching more passes from Rosier than he did from Kaaya means absolutely nothing. Oh, and Richards was hurt most of last season, which also increased Berrios' targets.

As for Herndon.... Njoku going pro had nothing to do with Herndon catching more passes, I'm thinking. What about you?

Start whoever won’t turn the ball over. That’s all. I don’t care if we run the most basic offense for the first half of season to start 1 of the 3 freshman.

I don’t dislike Malik the way most do. He is what he is and his mobility was a breath of fresh air from Kayaa.
That is true, but why must it be one or the other? We are UM, and we shouldn't have to settle. When you have the weapons we do, some mobility and a lot of accuracy would be ideal. Kaaya had no mobility, and Rosier's accuracy is nowhere near where it should be to maximize our talent at the skill positions.

Advertisement
Malik is a great back up to have this year. I would say give it to Perry being that he's been in the system longer or even Williams if he turns out to be better than Perry. If either one of them struggle or simply can't perform in front of the lights we know what we can get from Rosier. He would also push them because they would know that he can take the job back if they don't produce.

I'm upset that the previous staff didn't bother recruiting QBs for years at a time and because of that we're stuck with no other option at QB besides some freshmen. There are literally zero third and fourth year QBs on scholarship.

It says a ton about the other qbs. Williams obviously gets a pass on any criticism. He is too new. So far everything we've heard is promising. On the other hand, everything we've heard about Perry has been negative. He's not putting in the work and isn't making smart decisions in practice. I can't remember hearing much about Weldon lately. Perry or Weldon should be creating a QB controversy, not the true freshman. But it sounds like Williams has the edge over two more experienced players, which means Richt might have whiffed big time. Good news is that it is not like the NFL where missing on a QB sets you back years. It is recoverable, especially if Williams turns out to be the answer (I strongly believe that he is- very accurate, smart qb who will win #6 for Miami ) and gets some burn this year.

One could find a positive versus the possible negative you pointed out concerning Coach Richt by commenting; Coach Richt might have succeeded big time with the signing of Williams. Clearly, me not being in the loop, but which UM coach stated that Perry is not putting in the work?

I'm upset that the previous staff didn't bother recruiting QBs for years at a time and because of that we're stuck with no other option at QB besides some freshmen. There are literally zero third and fourth year QBs on scholarship.

What are you talking about??? The previous staff recruited plenty of QBs...Gray Crow, Preston Dewey, Jack Allison, just to name a few.

Advertisement
Malik is a great back up to have this year. I would say give it to Perry being that he's been in the system longer or even Williams if he turns out to be better than Perry. If either one of them struggle or simply can't perform in front of the lights we know what we can get from Rosier. He would also push them because they would know that he can take the job back if they don't produce.
Why would they be pushed out of fear he could retake a job he never lost on merit?

Why are so many people adamantly against just letting it play out? If anybody is better than Malik, they'll get plenty of reps in practice to show it. If they can't prove they deserve the job on Green Tree, why in the name of God would you put them "under the lights?"

Advertisement
People are talking about Perry like he’s a senior. Already giving up on the guy. He is a redshirt freshmen. Plenty of great college QB’s didn’t put it together until their upperclassmen years

Advertisement
There is no reason why Rosier can't significantly improve after his first season as a starter.

To make this particularly clear, look at the Junior and Senior year stats of former Wake Forest QB John Wolford.

John Wolford College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

2016 (Junior): 166/299 (55.5%), 1774 yards, 9 TDs/10 INTs

2017 (Senior): 239/374 (63.9%), 3192 yards, 29 TDs/6 INTs

Genuine improvement is always possible at the collegiate level.

Herndon wasn’t a backup and Berrios was playing out position those three years

Berrios was hurt his sophomore year and barely played as a freshman. But it’s nonsense to highlight one receiver when Kaaya had more completions all three years than Rosier.

Not sure how I got stuck defending Kaaya but the Berrios comment was so out of place I had to lol

There is no reason why Rosier can't significantly improve after his first season as a starter.

To make this particularly clear, look at the Junior and Senior year stats of former Wake Forest QB John Wolford.

John Wolford College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

2016 (Junior): 166/299 (55.5%), 1774 yards, 9 TDs/10 INTs

2017 (Senior): 239/374 (63.9%), 3192 yards, 29 TDs/6 INTs

Genuine improvement is always possible at the collegiate level.

wolford was a 4 year starter on a team that had no talent around him. they retooled the offense for his senior year. not comparable to rosier in the slightest.

Why would they be pushed out of fear he could retake a job he never lost on merit?

Why are so many people adamantly against just letting it play out? If anybody is better than Malik, they'll get plenty of reps in practice to show it. If they can't prove they deserve the job on Green Tree, why in the name of God would you put them "under the lights?"

He would have lost the job based on his performance last season as well as reported the same performance basically during the spring. Was he horrible? At times yes. Did he put up good numbers? Yes, but we had a great team as you can see and have brought in more weapons offensively and new looks defensively. Therefore as I mentioned reports have been saying these young guns having been looking good and improving over time whereas Rosier has reached his ceiling basically. So having him out there may just possibly be more of the same with those 50/50 chances of winning that we lucked out on last season and could go the other way this year. So why not try something new. Both are known to be more accurate than Rosier. They both also handle themselves well in the scrambling department. If doesn't work, we just go back to the old dog with no new tricks.

Advertisement
Back