Rosier

Advertisement
Richt has said many times that a player improves the most in his first few months. From there, the curve of improvement tails off. Rosier is in his 5th year so we can't expect him to go from a single read and pass/run to going through his progressions. What we can hope for is better separation from our WRs/RBs/TEs leading to easier passes for Rosier to hit on that first read. We can also hope that having JT, Richards, Cager all at 100% will lead to more YAC! On the downside, teams will game plan again Rosier's lack of going through his progressions so the % of completions will almost always be a function of how well Richt guesses what the D is going to give him on any given play.

Our bigger concern: Can Donaldson transform himself into a solid RT? Will the GT take that LG or RG spot to sure up the inside? Do we have enough quality depth at DL?
Problem is, most separation by "better" WRs is a fraction of a second improvement. That in no way will help Rosier make faster decisions with the ball. Berrios wasn't exactly trash, and was open a LOT. How did it help Rosier with his timing, accuracy, and decision making? All it will do is make our fans, and Coach Richt, even more angry at the missed opportunities.

Advertisement
Success to me is getting the win with LSU. The next few are automatics and hopefully will allow PT for one of Perry and Williams or both. Then we go on short leash alert.

What do you guys think happens if Rosier completes 61% of his passes?
Honestly? If he completes 61% with the team we have, he’s going to be in the Maxwell and Heisman conversation, and we will be in the CFP.

But he doesn’t have to be 61% to get us in the CFP. He has to not ever be 44% again. Give me Rosier being 54-58% accurate and we can compete with the best of them. A 61% QB with Rosier’s 4th quarter balls and our weapons can be dominant.

Advertisement
Lol ok serious question: do y’all hate Malik or Richt for Malik being our starter? The guy had 1 major offer and has overachieved more than we all thought he could ever be. It’s not his fault he can’t be beat out by Vince You... I mean Nkosi Perry...

That is all

Attachments

• 27973927_10211928385264376_5973557458517230349_n.jpg
    27973927_10211928385264376_5973557458517230349_n.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 0
Lol ok serious question: do y’all hate Malik or Richt for Malik being our starter? The guy had 1 major offer and has overachieved more than we all thought he could ever be. It’s not his fault he can’t be beat out by Vince You... I mean Nkosi Perry...
Why bash the player? I just don't get fans beating on Rosier, your explanation is on point.

Advertisement
Adding talent does not make one a better passer. Adding talent helps an accurate passer far more than it helps an inaccurate passer. Kenny Kelly had Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, and Bubba Franks, so having that talent means nothing without a QB that can hit it.

Now, I hope Rosier improves, and getting closer to 60% would be nice. However, if getting to 60% means fewer shots downfield because he can't hit them, or fewer passes over the middle because he's not comfortable with them, it will mean little. Completing more 2 yard passes does nothing for our O, and it certainly won't help the run game. It's more than just % that counts, it's being able to hit the ones that he couldn't hit last year. It's getting first downs and keeping the chains moving. He needs to improve more than a little for us to succeed, and completion percentage alone won't tell the story.
Exactly Thank you!!

61% would back up the D and open up the run game a bit which would cure most of our offensive woes.
But he has to hit the big open plays like the one he missed to Thomas in the ACCCG. If he completes passes for short yardage and can’t move the sticks we’re doomed. It happened more than a few times last season when he threw behind to Berrios and he had to adjust to make the catches but couldn’t gain anymore

But he has to hit the big open plays like the one he missed to Thomas in the ACCCG. If he completes passes for short yardage and can’t move the sticks we’re doomed. It happened more than a few times last season when he threw behind to Berrios and he had to adjust to make the catches but couldn’t gain anymore

It's a shame to see him miss sure TDs, but I'm also thinking of short yardage situations. Even a few more short completions on 3rd and 3 might significantly alter some games. Somebody pointed out on another thread how few 3rd down conversions we'd need to go from being the worst to being really good. And how many FG tries have we had from inside the 20 because we couldn't pick up a few yards on 3rd?

Advertisement
My issues with Rosier stem from the fact i believe we have perhaps our most talented team in the last 15 years this season with CFP caliber talent but a giant ? in terms of QB. The momentum we have generated under Richt is something that needs to be cherished and grown and will be COMPLETELY LOST if we lose 3 games this season. I would argue this season is perhaps one of the most important in the history of our program in terms of reemerging on the national scene. College football is a what have you done for me lately kind of business and we havent done much up until the last two years so it is ABSOLUTELY imperative that we not blow it this year

You can, rightly so, talk about the abundance of skill players, but if the offensive line does not improve dramatically a case of...no tickee-no laundry...or better stated...no offensive line-no championship caliber offense will be the 2018 story...no matter who quarterbacks.

Unquestionably, Rosier's play is an important cog in building a powerful offense, yet, if the offensive line continues to show no push and making a science out of Olé blocks prepare yourself for another season of no running game, thus putting big **** eating grins on the faces of every defensive coordinator we face as they gleefully game plan for a one dimensional team...again!

An improved offensive line will mean that Rosier's performances will be much, much better...potentially championship better.

I don't hate Malik. I don't hate richt for malik being the starter. I hate that malik, as bad as he can be, might be our best option.

Maybe with a season of starting experience, he gets better, but how much better? and how much of his problems as a QB could you possibly chalk up to lack of experience? I'd love nothing more for malik to flip the switch and turn into baker mayfield but it's just not likely to happen at this point.

I don't hate Malik. I don't hate richt for malik being the starter. I hate that malik, as bad as he can be, might be our best option.

Maybe with a season of starting experience, he gets better, but how much better? and how much of his problems as a QB could you possibly chalk up to lack of experience? I'd love nothing more for malik to flip the switch and turn into baker mayfield but it's just not likely to happen at this point.

I mean yeah he has his deficiencies but what does it say about the other QB’s who can’t beat him out? As bad as he is he’s still out in front being the starter. I just don’t see how y’all blame/bash the kid when he wasnt suppose to be a starter here in the front 1st place... He did more last year than Kaaya did in 3 years when he was a highly touted QB..

Advertisement
Back