Rosier

Rosier seems like a fine young man but the fact that he never really competed with Kaaya for the starting job tells us all we need to know about Rosier. Not once was it announced that he was on Kaaya's heels to take the #1 spot. He was way too comfortable with being second for my liking.

I remember when Dorsey was behind Kenny Kelly and Kelly was the consensus starter. Well everyone thought it except Dorsey. Good QBs rarely concede with being 2nd.

You remember wrong.

Dorsey kept his mouth shut until he got tapped on the shoulder by Butch, at which time Kelly was injured then gone to play baseball.

Where do you people get this shīt that you make completely up out of thin air and then pass off as fact?

Actually, a bit of a history lesson for you. In the first meeting with the incoming freshman the question was asked which of them thought they could start right away, and Dorsey raised his hand. People thought it was funny at the time, but he knew he could do it.

I will say, though, there was a lot of talk about how anyone that could hit a wide open Bubba Franks would be an upgrade over Kelly. I know I was one of them. Did I think Dorsey would be an all time great at the time? No way, but a lot of us believed that all we needed was someone to get the ball into the hands of the play makers we had, and Kelly simply couldn't do that on a regular basis.

How do you know this?

What do u mean? Any long time cane fan who follows remotely close knows full well that kelley was inconsistent and frustrating as a starter. This dude is absolutely correct

Advertisement
Rosier seems like a fine young man but the fact that he never really competed with Kaaya for the starting job tells us all we need to know about Rosier. Not once was it announced that he was on Kaaya's heels to take the #1 spot. He was way too comfortable with being second for my liking.

I remember when Dorsey was behind Kenny Kelly and Kelly was the consensus starter. Well everyone thought it except Dorsey. Good QBs rarely concede with being 2nd.

Walsh was never on the heels of taking Testaverde's spot. Torretta was never on the heals of taking Erickson's spot. Testaverde was never on the heels of taking Kosar's spot. Morris was never taking Jacory's spot. One never knows how one will actually play on game day until given the chance.

I think Rosier simply knew Kaaya was the starter and took his role as [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] very seriously. Shirreffs comes along and fought for the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] spot... I don't see any of our QBs resting on their laurels. Had Rosier not taken it seriously, he wouldn't have played so well against Duke. Just my 2 cents.

According to richt none of them took the #2 job last year. He said they had a chance last year to take a firm grab of the backup spot and position themselves to be the starter heading into this season but none of them did it.

underrated post

if you can't beat kayak out.. son I got 99 problems and you at quarterback is one of them

Rosier starts Game 1. The question is does he finish the season starting?

My feelings exactly. Zero chance Richt walks into Doak Campbell on only the 3rd game of the season with a true freshman starting.

If Perry starts by week 3 he would have almost as much in game experience as rosier

There's a difference between a 19-20 year old and 17-18 year old straight out of high school. Rosier has been practicing and seeing college competition for the last 3 years. He also knows the playbook.

Perry may make starts this year but I just don't think it will be to start the season.

And yet rosier still hasn't run away with the job. he hasn't done anything in my eyes to have confidence he'll be that much better than perry. If it's close go with the young guy

And you know this how? Rule 4257 of being a sports fan is never listen to a **** word the coaching staff tells the media because a lot of times it serves their interest not to let the rest of the world what they are thinking.

I know everyone wants Perry to ride into town on a white horse and save us the depths of QB **** but it's unfair and unrealistic to believe that will happen. For every Johnny Manziel who starts as a freshman and does well there's 100 guys that don't.

Starting Rosier actually makes it easy on Richt. If Rosier does well and we actually beat FSU then he's found his one year stopgap. If he plays badly at FSU then he has an easy excuse to bring in the kid and give him a shot. Like I said before I have a hard time believing a TRUE freshman will be tasked with taking on FSU on the road in only the 3rd game of the season.

I hope I'm wrong and the kid comes in and sets the world on fire....but I doubt it.

Advertisement

You remember wrong.

Dorsey kept his mouth shut until he got tapped on the shoulder by Butch, at which time Kelly was injured then gone to play baseball.

Where do you people get this shīt that you make completely up out of thin air and then pass off as fact?

Actually, a bit of a history lesson for you. In the first meeting with the incoming freshman the question was asked which of them thought they could start right away, and Dorsey raised his hand. People thought it was funny at the time, but he knew he could do it.

I will say, though, there was a lot of talk about how anyone that could hit a wide open Bubba Franks would be an upgrade over Kelly. I know I was one of them. Did I think Dorsey would be an all time great at the time? No way, but a lot of us believed that all we needed was someone to get the ball into the hands of the play makers we had, and Kelly simply couldn't do that on a regular basis.

How do you know this?

What do u mean? Any long time cane fan who follows remotely close knows full well that kelley was inconsistent and frustrating as a starter. This dude is absolutely correct

I'm asking about the part I underlined and put in bold. About what Dorsey said/did, and how it was received.

Him not unseating the starter isn't the issue, it's that he couldn't distance himself from the other guys. Look, any of our QBs could end up a serviceable starter, but none of them are anything to write home about. Rosier not being able to stand out in that group should give anyone pause.

My feelings exactly. Zero chance Richt walks into Doak Campbell on only the 3rd game of the season with a true freshman starting.

If Perry starts by week 3 he would have almost as much in game experience as rosier

There's a difference between a 19-20 year old and 17-18 year old straight out of high school. Rosier has been practicing and seeing college competition for the last 3 years. He also knows the playbook.

Perry may make starts this year but I just don't think it will be to start the season.

And yet rosier still hasn't run away with the job. he hasn't done anything in my eyes to have confidence he'll be that much better than perry. If it's close go with the young guy

And you know this how? Rule 4257 of being a sports fan is never listen to a **** word the coaching staff tells the media because a lot of times it serves their interest not to let the rest of the world what they are thinking.

I know everyone wants Perry to ride into town on a white horse and save us the depths of QB **** but it's unfair and unrealistic to believe that will happen. For every Johnny Manziel who starts as a freshman and does well there's 100 guys that don't.

Starting Rosier actually makes it easy on Richt. If Rosier does well and we actually beat FSU then he's found his one year stopgap. If he plays badly at FSU then he has an easy excuse to bring in the kid and give him a shot. Like I said before I have a hard time believing a TRUE freshman will be tasked with taking on FSU on the road in only the 3rd game of the season.

I hope I'm wrong and the kid comes in and sets the world on fire....but I doubt it.

This. Jedi always bringing common sense to the board.

I think Rosier starts game 1. The kid is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. Plus he is pretty well suited for this O.

These guys clowning Rosier are the same ones that were hanging on Morris and Kaaya nuts during the summers. Talking that 1st rd, greatest QB in the last 20 years at Miami ****. Ryan Williams who couldn't even take Morris job was going to keep Kaaya on the bench prior to getting hurt.

You can't even be mad at em, just TIFWIW and that isn't much.

Advertisement
Rosier couldn't beat Shirreffs last year without injury. He's third string ya ****** knuckledraggers

Everybody that's seen them has said rosier has been inconsistent at best. I'm pretty sure if rosier was lighting the world on fire it wouldn't be a secret. Startin rosier makes it easy? A rjr makes it easier than a freshman to make that excuse? Y'all proly the same ppl who wanted to start jake heaps. Nobody thinks Perry is gona come in and be a heisman finalist but if he's gona give us a chance to be more explosive and be just as inconsistent as rosier why waste time

Rosier couldn't beat Shirreffs last year without injury. He's third string ya ****** knuckledraggers

He may not be a Green Tree All American like Kaaya was, but he is the most athletic, most experienced, the one with the most leadership skills and the only one we have who started a game on the road and won. You can say all you want about "not capable of making all the throws ***t" but in real game situation, it takes a lot more than being the most accurate thrower to win a tough game.

Advertisement

He may not be a Green Tree All American like Kaaya was, but he is the most athletic, most experienced, the one with the most leadership skills and the only one we have who started a game on the road and won. You can say all you want about "not capable of making all the throws ***t" but in real game situation, it takes a lot more than being the most accurate thrower to win a tough game.

Yea good luck beating fsu by not being accurate.

Yea good luck beating fsu by not being accurate.

He'll be accurate enough.

Advertisement

Everybody that's seen them has said rosier has been inconsistent at best. I'm pretty sure if rosier was lighting the world on fire it wouldn't be a secret. Startin rosier makes it easy? A rjr makes it easier than a freshman to make that excuse? Y'all proly the same ppl who wanted to start jake heaps. Nobody thinks Perry is gona come in and be a heisman finalist but if he's gona give us a chance to be more explosive and be just as inconsistent as rosier why waste time

And who the **** said Rosier was lighting the world on fire? What's been stated in this thread by others like myself is that Rosier will likely start at the beginning of the season. No one said the situation was ideal or that we were set...simply that Rosier was the likely choice.

Read Barry Jackson's latest blog on the topic. He himself even states in the article that if he had to bet the likely choice will be Rosier.

Nobody knows anything except for the coaches. Stop taking what these "reporters" say and think they are right haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CIS logic: Shirreffs and Rosier can't separate from each other so that means they are both horrible.

Advertisement
Back