Rosier

Advertisement
IMO, Richt is telling the truth when he says he doesn't have a clear #1 or #2 . He will start the player that gives him the best chance to win. If it's too close to call, he'll start the best upperclassman in Game 1, and work Perry in until he gets separation. And if there is no separation after FSU, he's starting Perry because he needs the reps to lead the team, not just in 2017 but thereafter.

So it's entirely on Rosier and Shirreffs to prove they are the better choice. Perry has the easiest path. He just needs to muddy the waters to earn playing time.

How does Perry have the easiest path? He has to learn the playbook that these other guys have been working with for a year and a half.

He has to establish chemistry with a brand new group of guys. He has a very tough road ahead.

Perry will start. Rosier is a backup period.

**** I didn't know you were a coach on the team. Honestly I don't know whats going to happen. I think Perry will start some time this season but Im not sure if it will be the first game.

Advertisement
He expects whoever plays quarterback to do some running, so he wants to be ready.

Yeah, whoever starts at QB will only run the ball once in a blue moon ... Only in short yardage situations or broken plays. Richt has no interest in using the QB's mobility to make designed plays in the run game.

:monkey-serious:

Doesn't mean anything. Perry hasn't even thrown a meaningful pass in Dade County yet. Whoever gives us the best chance to win will start.

Notice how they have Evan mentoring Kosi as opposed to Rosier.

Coincidence?

I don't believe in coincidences. If I believe Perry is the future starter, which I do, I want him getting mentored by the current starter.

I think I agree with you, but I'm really not quite sure what this means

Coincidence?

I don't believe in coincidences. If I believe Perry is the future starter, which I do, I want him getting mentored by the current starter.

I believe Shirreffs is leading, and Richt wants Perry with the guy that is leading. Perry will be the eventual starter, but not this year.

Advertisement
There is a saying if you have 2 QBs you have none. Neither of the older guys have done squat to date to prove that they're starters. There's also an adage if the freshman is on par with the upperclassman you should start the freshman.

We shall see but Rosier and company have had a lot of time on campus thus far and has done nothing to push Kaaya. Kaaya, which I respect, was never going to lead us to a NC so we know all we need to know about the guys backing him up last year. This spring proved it.

Perry will have to perform at such a low level to not be named starter. If he is half the hype surrounding him he will be the starter. At least that's my theory. Richt doesn't sound confident about these guys. I'm also saying Perry because his running skills will take a lot of heat off of Mark Walton and the running game.

Richt is not going to jump in bed with a Senior QB at this juncture.. He's in year 2 and has the luxury of rolling with a more talented, young, QB prospect. Perry would really have to crap the bed in fall practice to not be the Game 1 starter.

I concur, a junior however...

Coincidence?

I believe Shirreffs is leading, and Richt wants Perry with the guy that is leading. Perry will be the eventual starter, but not this year.

Obviously not sure who is right here, but I had the opposite thought. My guess was Richt would not want to pair Perry with whatever veteran was leading (at least not while they are still competing for the job). Human nature being what it is, my fear would be the lead dog might want to stay in the lead (at least while they are competing), and so he might not be as willing to help Perry along. Just a thought.

Richt is not going to jump in bed with a Senior QB at this juncture.. He's in year 2 and has the luxury of rolling with a more talented, young, QB prospect. Perry would really have to crap the bed in fall practice to not be the Game 1 starter.
Rosier is not a senior.
Watch him try to make some stupid argument instead of just taking his L.

Rosier is a senior in classification as he has been on campus 4 years. (If we were being technical) Because unless he is the starter he will not be back next season

Advertisement
There is a saying if you have 2 QBs you have none. Neither of the older guys have done squat to date to prove that they're starters. There's also an adage if the freshman is on par with the upperclassman you should start the freshman.

We shall see but Rosier and company have had a lot of time on campus thus far and has done nothing to push Kaaya. Kaaya, which I respect, was never going to lead us to a NC so we know all we need to know about the guys backing him up last year. This spring proved it.

Perry will have to perform at such a low level to not be named starter. If he is half the hype surrounding him he will be the starter. At least that's my theory. Richt doesn't sound confident about these guys. I'm also saying Perry because his running skills will take a lot of heat off of Mark Walton and the running game.

what Chinese restaurant put these gems in their fortune cookies?

Coincidence?

Not at all. From all accounts Sheriff's issues is not his head knowledge or work ethic. I am sure he can still teach Perry a thing or two about the playbook and reading coverages. Rosier still has issues I think with reading defenses but obviously has a better skill set to make plays on the fly; something Perry already brings to the table. I think it is a reasonable pairing.

Advertisement
I think Rosier starts game 1. The kid is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. Plus he is pretty well suited for this O.

Perry arriving for Summer A gives him a slight advantage. He'll have the whole summer to watch film, train with his teammates.

Advertisement
Back