Rosier

Richt is not going to jump in bed with a Senior QB at this juncture.. He's in year 2 and has the luxury of rolling with a more talented, young, QB prospect. Perry would really have to crap the bed in fall practice to not be the Game 1 starter.
Rosier is not a senior.
Watch him try to make some stupid argument instead of just taking his L.

you do realize thats all u do right?? lol smh

Advertisement
I would be fine with Rosier starting to begin the season, because one of two things is going to happen:

1. We beat FSU, because Rosier played a good game, and he leads us on a run for the Playoffs.

2. We lose to FSU, because Rosier played like sh*t, and the Perry era begins against Toledo.

Advertisement
Rosier starts Game 1. The question is does he finish the season starting?

My feelings exactly. Zero chance Richt walks into Doak Campbell on only the 3rd game of the season with a true freshman starting.

If Perry starts by week 3 he would have almost as much in game experience as rosier

There's a difference between a 19-20 year old and 17-18 year old straight out of high school. Rosier has been practicing and seeing college competition for the last 3 years. He also knows the playbook.

Perry may make starts this year but I just don't think it will be to start the season.

GuYsMS, Sauces say that when Nkosi took off his shirt, Shirreffs threw up and Rosier looked a little sick himself. Rosier talking a good game and I like dat. Can't wait for this partay to get started.

Advertisement
I would be fine with Rosier starting to begin the season, because one of two things is going to happen:

1. We beat FSU, because Rosier played a good game, and he leads us on a run for the Playoffs.

2. We lose to FSU, because Rosier played like sh*t, and the Perry era begins against Toledo.

Actually there's a whole realm of mediocrity you fail to account for. Strange after the last 15 years

Rosier starts Game 1. The question is does he finish the season starting?

My feelings exactly. Zero chance Richt walks into Doak Campbell on only the 3rd game of the season with a true freshman starting.

If Perry starts by week 3 he would have almost as much in game experience as rosier

There's a difference between a 19-20 year old and 17-18 year old straight out of high school. Rosier has been practicing and seeing college competition for the last 3 years. He also knows the playbook.

Perry may make starts this year but I just don't think it will be to start the season.

And yet rosier still hasn't run away with the job. he hasn't done anything in my eyes to have confidence he'll be that much better than perry. If it's close go with the young guy

Last edited:
Rosier seems like a fine young man but the fact that he never really competed with Kaaya for the starting job tells us all we need to know about Rosier. Not once was it announced that he was on Kaaya's heels to take the #1 spot. He was way too comfortable with being second for my liking.

I remember when Dorsey was behind Kenny Kelly and Kelly was the consensus starter. Well everyone thought it except Dorsey. Good QBs rarely concede with being 2nd.

Rosier seems like a fine young man but the fact that he never really competed with Kaaya for the starting job tells us all we need to know about Rosier. Not once was it announced that he was on Kaaya's heels to take the #1 spot. He was way too comfortable with being second for my liking.

I remember when Dorsey was behind Kenny Kelly and Kelly was the consensus starter. Well everyone thought it except Dorsey. Good QBs rarely concede with being 2nd.

You remember wrong.

Dorsey kept his mouth shut until he got tapped on the shoulder by Butch, at which time Kelly was injured then gone to play baseball.

Where do you people get this shīt that you make completely up out of thin air and then pass off as fact?

Advertisement

Walsh was never on the heels of taking Testaverde's spot. Torretta was never on the heals of taking Erickson's spot. Testaverde was never on the heels of taking Kosar's spot. Morris was never taking Jacory's spot. One never knows how one will actually play on game day until given the chance.

I think Rosier simply knew Kaaya was the starter and took his role as #2 very seriously. Shirreffs comes along and fought for the #2 spot... I don't see any of our QBs resting on their laurels. Had Rosier not taken it seriously, he wouldn't have played so well against Duke. Just my 2 cents.

You remember wrong.

Dorsey kept his mouth shut until he got tapped on the shoulder by Butch, at which time Kelly was injured then gone to play baseball.

Where do you people get this shīt that you make completely up out of thin air and then pass off as fact?

Actually, a bit of a history lesson for you. In the first meeting with the incoming freshman the question was asked which of them thought they could start right away, and Dorsey raised his hand. People thought it was funny at the time, but he knew he could do it.

I will say, though, there was a lot of talk about how anyone that could hit a wide open Bubba Franks would be an upgrade over Kelly. I know I was one of them. Did I think Dorsey would be an all time great at the time? No way, but a lot of us believed that all we needed was someone to get the ball into the hands of the play makers we had, and Kelly simply couldn't do that on a regular basis.

Richt is not going to jump in bed with a Senior QB at this juncture.. He's in year 2 and has the luxury of rolling with a more talented, young, QB prospect. Perry would really have to crap the bed in fall practice to not be the Game 1 starter.
Rosier is not a senior.
Watch him try to make some stupid argument instead of just taking his L.

you do realize thats all u do right?? lol smh

LOL

Advertisement

You remember wrong.

Actually, a bit of a history lesson for you. In the first meeting with the incoming freshman the question was asked which of them thought they could start right away, and Dorsey raised his hand. People thought it was funny at the time, but he knew he could do it.

I will say, though, there was a lot of talk about how anyone that could hit a wide open Bubba Franks would be an upgrade over Kelly. I know I was one of them. Did I think Dorsey would be an all time great at the time? No way, but a lot of us believed that all we needed was someone to get the ball into the hands of the play makers we had, and Kelly simply couldn't do that on a regular basis.

How do you know this?

You remember wrong.

Good for him.

Pretty much any QB would say that if asked.

The comment I was referring to implied that Dorsey was at it bugging to be started. Kelly started for at least a year, and I never heard anything in the media about Dorsey. Zip. In fact if I remember correctly, Dorsey was quiet until he showed out in the bowl game because Kelly was injured and that's when we knew we had something potentially good.

Last 2 freshman qbs, Kaaya and Harris could not reverse the trend of our mediocrity since 2002. Not sure if Perry will be any different.

You remember wrong.

Exactly

Advertisement
Back