Rosier to Jeff Thomas highlight

Advertisement
Maybe I'm wrong, but the throw seemed the most impressive thing. He seems to have gotten it into a rapidly closing window between 3 defenders.

Fast enough that the camera didn't pick it up...Rosier always had the gunner arm..Can't understand why so many have him as third rate JAG...

Wilder is fast. Just needs to make sure he has the book down so he can process plays fast.
Steed has the best instincts. If he can get to 100%, I like what he can bring.
Jennings is likely the 3rd best LB of the class but at MLB he should be a good fit.

Steed will be a full go on Monday. Most likely will be a lot of scout team work but he is excited just to get out there against the first team offense and show the coaches what he can do. He also said he was very impressed with Shaq's quickness and playmaking ability. He said that Shaq is as advertised, but you guys already knew that. He said Shaq reminds him of Donovan Thompson, who was a tackling machine at Miami Central two years ago.

Wilder is fast. Just needs to make sure he has the book down so he can process plays fast.
Jennings is likely the 3rd best LB of the class but at MLB he should be a good fit.

I disagree. Jennings will see lots of burn this year. Wilder is very athletic. I never saw much from steed in his HS clips. Diaz and stuff must off like something, but I think he's running 3rd in that group.

Jennings will see burn on ST and get a few plays in clean-up duty. Wilder will get lots of burn on special teams cause he doesn't have to process much, just run/hit. I'd like to see Steed given a shirt so his knee can be 100% by spring. Steed is the best of the three at processing plays which makes up for his athletic ability compared to Wilder. Jennings is fine downhill but will have to work on playing in space.

Have a feeling Smith, Perry, and Owens are going to get the majority of 2 deep snaps.

What I do feel comfortable with is Jennings>McCray! LOL

I still haven't seen anything factual that shows Wilder to be more athletic than Steed but due to the fact that Steed is coming off of an injury, I will go along with it. All three (Steed, Jennings, and Wilder) will all have to be ready when their number is called, but I am hoping for a redshirt for Steed as well. I heard that Wilder is looking good, he just needs to learn the plays.

Steed will be a full go on Monday. Most likely will be a lot of scout team work but he is excited just to get out there against the first team offense and show the coaches what he can do. He also said he was very impressed with Shaq's quickness and playmaking ability. He said that Shaq is as advertised, but you guys already knew that. He said Shaq reminds him of Donovan Thompson, who was a tackling machine at Miami Central two years ago.
Great news. He's a tough young man and a Dog to be full go already! Thanks for sharing the update.

Advertisement
Nice throw on the timing and actual throw. Would like to see anticipation improve throughout the season, but if he makes 3-5 throws like that a game, along with the throws he should make, we'll be ok at the QB position. I for one am looking forward to the deep ball again hitting the receiver in stride.

Wilder is a SAM that can stay on the field with 3 WR sets. Diaz sounded very excited about him. I think Steed is a typical Diaz LB. Smart, instinctual, striker, who is tough as nails. I remember one game last year when Diaz was preaching about toughness and how the tougher team was going to win the day to the LBs in pregame. He preaches and teaches toughness and as we all know Steed played on a bum knee for a few weeks.

Steed is more than just an instinctual backer. His testing numbers as a HS guy were excellent. Screamed "WLB" blowing up gaps.

Advertisement

I disagree. Jennings will see lots of burn this year. Wilder is very athletic. I never saw much from steed in his HS clips. Diaz and stuff must off like something, but I think he's running 3rd in that group.

You know what they saw in Steed? A super instinctual plus athlete who is so fcking tough and committed to his teammates that he played last season with a torn ACL. So, yeah, other than that, he's a bum.

If you don't like Steed then you didn't like Spence . Both undersized, physical with unreal instincts.

He's one of my favorite recruits , if not for the acl he'd probably be in two deep immediately .

No doubt. When Steed hits the ground running, people will see what Sean Spence would have looked like in this defense. "They don't need a GPS to find the backfield."

Wilder is a go on ST first game. Once he learns the playbook he's going to explode very quick and rangy. Diaz said he's a pleasant surprise

Advertisement
I know we are on the verge of being back when a thread mostly about an electrifying talent at WR slowly morphs into a thread about "freshmens" LBs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back