Rosier to Jeff Thomas highlight

Nice play. Only worry is that a better safety might murder Thomas going over the middle like that. Props to anyone who can name #36 without looking him up.

Advertisement
Nice play. Only worry is that a better safety might murder Thomas going over the middle like that. Props to anyone who can name #36 without looking him up.

Its a practice squad "bethune" safety. But regardless, a "better" safety would have to catch up to Thomas first

You know we're in desperate times when you get over 1K views of a video of a video shot in vertical. Season needs to start!

Advertisement
Always thought Wilder was a player. My issue is that we don't have a lot of LB depth, and we didn't really recruit a plug & play LB if needed. Smith is stout but has a ceiling, Owens has never fully recovered from injury, Perry is a question mark, and Gordinier is out of action. So we'll be relying on TFs quite a bit this year, I think, and while he may have the athleticism of a Shaq, McCloud and Pinckney, Wilder is going to need 2 full years to learn the position because he was used as a rush end in HS. But yeah, he'll be a beast in 2019, maybe even by late next season.

You know we're in desperate times when you get over 1K views of a video of a video shot in vertical. Season needs to start!
Lots of hot takes in this thread based on a 6 second video. I get it though. We're all itching for the season to start.

You mean you don't believe we are winning #6 based on that one play?

Advertisement
Always thought Wilder was a player. My issue is that we don't have a lot of LB depth, and we didn't really recruit a plug & play LB if needed. Smith is stout but has a ceiling, Owens has never fully recovered from injury, Perry is a question mark, and Gordinier is out of action. So we'll be relying on TFs quite a bit this year, I think, and while he may have the athleticism of a Shaq, McCloud and Pinckney, Wilder is going to need 2 full years to learn the position because he was used as a rush end in HS. But yeah, he'll be a beast in 2019, maybe even by late next season.

What ? " learn the position "? Dude played de out of need ,he was a lb before that. He was just a team guy.

He'll be on the field week one.

As for Perry , he was in the rotation last year. And has gotten good reviews from the staff this off season.

Wilder is fast. Just needs to make sure he has the book down so he can process plays fast.
Steed has the best instincts. If he can get to 100%, I like what he can bring.
Jennings is likely the 3rd best LB of the class but at MLB he should be a good fit.

I disagree. Jennings will see lots of burn this year. Wilder is very athletic. I never saw much from steed in his HS clips. Diaz and stuff must off like something, but I think he's running 3rd in that group.

Advertisement
Wilder is fast. Just needs to make sure he has the book down so he can process plays fast.
Jennings is likely the 3rd best LB of the class but at MLB he should be a good fit.

I disagree. Jennings will see lots of burn this year. Wilder is very athletic. I never saw much from steed in his HS clips. Diaz and stuff must off like something, but I think he's running 3rd in that group.

You know what they saw in Steed? A super instinctual plus athlete who is so fcking tough and committed to his teammates that he played last season with a torn ACL. So, yeah, other than that, he's a bum.

Jennings will see burn on ST and get a few plays in clean-up duty. Wilder will get lots of burn on special teams cause he doesn't have to process much, just run/hit. I'd like to see Steed given a shirt so his knee can be 100% by spring. Steed is the best of the three at processing plays which makes up for his athletic ability compared to Wilder. Jennings is fine downhill but will have to work on playing in space.

Have a feeling Smith, Perry, and Owens are going to get the majority of 2 deep snaps.

What I do feel comfortable with is Jennings>McCray! LOL

Advertisement

You know what they saw in Steed? A super instinctual plus athlete who is so fcking tough and committed to his teammates that he played last season with a torn ACL. So, yeah, other than that, he's a bum.

If you don't like Steed then you didn't like Spence . Both undersized, physical with unreal instincts.

He's one of my favorite recruits , if not for the acl he'd probably be in two deep immediately .

Steeds highlights impressed me actually. Wilders too. We might have some classic underrated sofla killers at LB

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back