Rosier in midseason form

Advertisement
Hete’s what JT Wilcox, the author of the tweet that started this ridiculous overreaction thread had to say about the throw.

“It’s a simple rollout drill with quarterbacks throwing to tight ends. Rosier is the first quarterback to throw and his throw is off target and ends up hitting the dirt.

Granted, it wasn’t the best throw the redshirt senior could’ve made.

However, it was one rep, in one drill, in one practice, in August.

There’s no need for such a negative reaction from fans.”

TE needed to realize his qb can't hit the broad side of the barn and cut his route off

Waits for the usual suspects to say not to overreact despite the large sample size of Rosier being horrible

Can't wait for him to cost us a championship

I’m sure you do not mean you WANT us to lose a championship, but it does sound like you would rather be right than us get another ring. Please tell me you will be happy to be proven wrong.

Unreal, threw at his kneecaps. He’s got to get the ball up more and hit the receiver in stride to maximize YAC. I thought he worked out all summer with the receivers. Ugh, let’s hope and pray he somehow improves by the end of Fall camp. One can only wish...

Advertisement
Nice throw by Perry. What is it that he’s not “getting”? He should have rolled past Rosier by now, something just doesn’t smell right...

Nice throw by Perry. What is it that he’s not “getting”? He should have rolled past Rosier by now, something just doesn’t smell right...
He’s a redshirt freshman, give him time to develop. Coming in to Miami he wasn’t as developed well enough physically and in terms of knowing the ins and outs of how to read a defense. That takes time, he will be alright

Hete’s what JT Wilcox, the author of the tweet that started this ridiculous overreaction thread had to say about the throw.

“It’s a simple rollout drill with quarterbacks throwing to tight ends. Rosier is the first quarterback to throw and his throw is off target and ends up hitting the dirt.

Granted, it wasn’t the best throw the redshirt senior could’ve made.

However, it was one rep, in one drill, in one practice, in August.

There’s no need for such a negative reaction from fans.”

I agree to some extent but here is the problem. We have seen other videos of him doing the same thing in the spring. We have also seen him do that in games.

Advertisement
You make it seem like this decision is an either/or.

You know there is a greater possibility of C) You bench Rosier. Your freshman is not ready. You lose multiple games you should have won and you have to go back to Rosier.

It is not nearly as easy as your simplistic options make it seem.
My simplistic option is based on 3 simple facts:
1. Rosier was absolute trash last year.
2. It would almost be impossible for a qb to perform worse than Rosier did last year, regardless who it is.
3. ALL 3 of the Freshman have more natural talent than Rosier.

Once you accept those 3 facts, its pretty ******* obvious that starting the freshman is the better plan.

2. It would almost be impossible for a qb to perform worse than Rosier did last year, regardless who it is.

Once you accept those 3 facts, its pretty ******* obvious that starting the freshman is the better plan.

Number 1 and 2 aren't facts. I'll give you 3 though.

I don't see anyone claiming Rosier is great or anything but he did some good things last year. Like it or not, he broke the TD record and was the starting QB of a 10 win team.

Do you realize there are plenty of D1 QBs with worse TD/INT ratios(some threw more picks then TDs) and who didn't win 10 games. If he's absolute trash what tf are they?

I'd love for one of the youngins to step up and take the job but they haven't yet. Do you think Coach Richt is going to sabotage the season? He's going to play whoever he thinks will give us the best chance to win and I'm going to support them.

Does Malik need to improve? Obviously. But you all acting like that 1 throw is indicative of anything regarding the season is silly. Did you all miss the part where overall he had a good practice? Why isn't that indicative of anything?

I just don't understand fans saying stuff like "can't wait until he costs us a championship" and actively rooting against him. Which is why I said our fans are the worst. Chise covered the rest of it.

Advertisement

Your opinions are not facts.

1. Rosier, while not elite, was not trash. Trash QBs don’t set records and win division titles.

2. Shirreffs proved to be worse than Rosier. And neither Weldon nor Perry challenged Rosier for the starting spot last year. Meaning our entire staff didn’t think there was a single QB option better than Rosier.

3. Maybe this is accurate. But Tee Martin won a National Championship for Tennessee, and Peyton Manning didn’t. I’ll take wins over talent, any day.

Have no faith in Rosier. Nada. That’s why I think we’re in for another 10-3 season and will be lucky to get that. He just sucks. What does this say about the other QB’s on the roster? We haven’t had a true Div. 1 QB since Dorsey. Berlin was serviceable and would have been better if Coker kept him in the shotgun. Rosier is just going to drive us all nuts again this season.

Number 1 and 2 aren't facts. I'll give you 3 though.

I don't see anyone claiming Rosier is great or anything but he did some good things last year. Like it or not, he broke the TD record and was the starting QB of a 10 win team.

Do you realize there are plenty of D1 QBs with worse TD/INT ratios(some threw more picks then TDs) and who didn't win 10 games. If he's absolute trash what tf are they?

I'd love for one of the youngins to step up and take the job but they haven't yet. Do you think Coach Richt is going to sabotage the season? He's going to play whoever he thinks will give us the best chance to win and I'm going to support them.

Does Malik need to improve? Obviously. But you all acting like that 1 throw is indicative of anything regarding the season is silly. Did you all miss the part where overall he had a good practice? Why isn't that indicative of anything?

I just don't understand fans saying stuff like "can't wait until he costs us a championship" and actively rooting against him. Which is why I said our fans are the worst. Chise covered the rest of it.
Do you see the amount of talent we have surrounding him? Do those other D1 qbs with worse accuracy (tough to be much worse than sub 50%!!!) and a worse TD:INT ration (tough to be much worse than int% of like >6% or some ****!) have nearly as much talent surrounding him andCOMPLETELY CARRYING HIM to those 10 wins?

Tell me this, if Rosier was a Redshirt Freshman along with Perry, Weldon, and true frosh Jarren Williams, do you think Richt would be saying Rosier is our starter right now? Like seriously if Perry was a senior transfer, would Rosier be getting all the 1st team snaps right now, after this season of proof he's completely inaccurate? My point is he is ONLY starting because he's older and "he has more experience" which is complete bs. Start one of the freshman and get them experience DURING the season, especially weeks 2-4.

Advertisement
This is truly truly a mentally challenged thread I must say. Rosier looked great at times and horrible at times. If he plays well he keeps the job , if he doesn't he won't . Simple as that but he has to start for LSU as you don't send a kid out there who is a freshman ( RS or not) against that kind of D on that stage unless you have to . We don't have to . We have a QB who beat FSU for the first time in forever , beat a top 15 VT team and beat the crap out of a top 5 ND team. Not saying I think Rosier is the starter by the end of the year ( not sayin he won't either though) just saying no one in their right mind can think Rosier shouldn't be game 1 QB. And to freak out over 1 throw in practice is silly. Now if this was a video on a scrimmage in 2 weeks where he goes 4-19 then that would be different but c'mon it is day 2 and 1 throw.
did you watch the FSU game? Rosier was horrible. He didn't beat FSU. The Team did. He was just the lucky barnacle clinging to the ship.

I could make that throw with no arms bruh, how do u miss that? May have to take the orange off the jerseys dude probably thought a Clemson defender was after him.

Advertisement
Back