Rosier coaching Tyler Van Dyke

Walsh5

Recruit
https://theathletic.com/3345493/202...r-van-dyke/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

"He’s trying to perfect his footwork under the guidance of 26-year-old former Hurricanes quarterback Malik Rosier, who works privately with a variety of college and high school passers across the state."

“(Rosier is) helping me get my feet to where the receiver needs to be and helping with my fundamentals — keeping them strong,” Van Dyke said. “I know how to throw a football. I don’t need crazy coaching on it. This is just to keep it from not getting away from me. Plus, he shows me little things that help me create torque with my lower body. So the ball comes out the way it does for Brady and Rodgers.”

Welp, there goes our season!

Okay, not really. Good for Rosier though on starting his business.

Advertisement
NIL may have changed the dynamics of this, but out of curiosity, when trainers train college kids, do the kids typically pay for it, or is the arrangement free with the hope that it will lead to more lucrative opportunities with the player down the road as well as basically advertising for the trainer?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malik rosier is a good dude and good cane

He absolutely is, but why not shlt on him and get some likes on a message board?

At least that seems to be the attitude of some, because whatever people may think of him as an starting P5 quarterback for Miami, that has nothing to do with his ability to teach the position, and good mechanics. Lots of guys teach the right mechanics and barely played the position themselves.

Advertisement
He was helping him last year also, I know Rosier will get hate but whatever they are doing seems to be working.. Keep grinding
I hope this is a case where Rosier is a much better coach than player. Rosier (head scratcher) struggled to hit the ground at times. Earl Weaver was a great manager but just a minor league player. I would think Ponce would be doing the foot work with TVD.

I hope this is a case where Rosier is a much better coach than player. Rosier (head scratcher) struggled to hit the ground at times. Earl Weaver was a great manager but just a minor league player. I would think Ponce would be doing the foot work with TVD.
Dont coaches have limited access to players in offseason? Wouldnt that be a violation if ponce is working with him? Qbs accross teh country have private coaching in offseason and its not their qb coach

Advertisement
Back