Rosier coaching Tyler Van Dyke

Advertisement
Not for nothing, pretty sure if the staff was concerned with him working with Rosier they'd have nipped it from the start.

Stop ****ting on the guy that literally helped give us the best night of Miami football in the last 15 years with the beating of Notre Dame.
For all of Rosier's faults, the coaching staff is to blame. The coaches did nothing to help him out on the OL and with receivers. We should have recruited better QBs too and not missed on them. Rosier was not a top tier QB and should have been playing somewhere else. Having said that, the Notre Dame and FSU wins were amazing and he gave everything he had for us that year.

I don't think playing accomplishments matter much at all in regards to how good a coach someone becomes. The disconnect isn't how good Malik was, its more that he wasnt known as a QB with great mechanics who was always in the film room. He seemed to be more of a good athlete who competed when the lights came on.

In any case, it's hard to judge him for good or bad in this position. We really have nothing to go on unless someone has actually seen him coaching.

Advertisement
Stop ****ting on the guy that literally helped give us the best night of Miami football in the last 15 years with the beating of Notre Dame.
That man played behind a Stacey Searles OL, who were training with Gus Felder. He was throwing to Ron Dugans coached receivers, had Jon Richt coaching him directly, and God love the man, but threw for over 3,000 yards with Mark Richt calling plays who admitted the game had passed him by.. and he took the team to #2 and 10 wins while embarrassing Notre Dame on national TV.

The man deserves a ******* plaque on a wall or something at the very least. And definitely not the slander he gets

Not for nothing, pretty sure if the staff was concerned with him working with Rosier they'd have nipped it from the start.
This and close thread with a pad lock. For the posters on here who have said, "I trust Mario with no hesitation in anything he does concerning this program" I didnt know there was an asterick* behind that statement that said, "Unless he gives Malik Rosier the okay to help coach TVD in the offseason. That is where I draw the line"...Smh.

I don't think it's a contradiction to say Rosier is a great Cane but a questionable choice as a private coach. You want a guy who is relentless in the film room, in the S&C program, on the practice field, A guy who forgets more in a year than most players learn in a lifetime.

That is just not Malik Rosier from his college days, and he would have had to have been struck by lightning to have "gotten religion" over the pat 2-3 years. Even then, I would have liked to see someone with more experience.

All that said, it's much better than nothing as long as Ponce is overall directing TVD's development program. Ponce can mitigate/manage any bad behaviors.

Advertisement
I hope this is a case where Rosier is a much better coach than player. Rosier (head scratcher) struggled to hit the ground at times. Earl Weaver was a great manager but just a minor league player. I would think Ponce would be doing the foot work with TVD.
Coaches cant coach this time year as they are restricted per NCAA

Rosier wasn't great - but was an over-achiever with great moments. Was #931 ranked recruit & lead us to our only 10 win season in the last 18 years.

When other highly ranked QB's like Jack Allison & N'Kosi Perry didn't pan out - Malik stepped in and played much better than anyone should've expected.

The comebacks vs FSU & GT. The wins over VT & ND. I'll salute him for a really fun 2017 season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back