Rosier accuracy will improve, 58% rate & 650 yards rushing 8 tds is the goal..

To me % is less important than the passes he completes. It means nothing if his % goes up, but we still don't keep the chains moving, or he keeps missing BIG passes. 60% means nothing if he completes passes for 5 yards when we need 15. Here's hoping his % does go up, but it coincides with a much higher 3rd down conversion percentage.

To me it was never JUST his %, but rather the yards thrown away by not hitting guys in stride. That and what appeared to be him not seeing the field well and making bad decisions AND missing.

There's a lot he's going to have to improve upon to be the QB we need him to be. Here's hoping he does.

This is it in a nutshell.

Advertisement
What I don't get is why the usual suspects feel the need to jump in every thread about Rosier, we get it, you don't like him, do you really think you're going to change anyone who supports him's mind?

Stick to the pants above the knees and arm sleeves threads.

What I don't get is why the usual suspects feel the need to jump in every thread about Rosier, we get it, you don't like him, do you really think you're going to change anyone who supports him's mind?

Stick to the pants above the knees and arm sleeves threads.
AGREE, if you're a Miami fan, he's your QB for now, deal with it

Advertisement
60-61% should be the mark. **** he would have had that if not for all the drops we had in 2017
This right here man! everyone ***** on Malik but then we start games and have 4-5 drops in a row. This happened a lot Rosier would be hitting guys and they wouldn't make the catches that kills confidence. Granted he needs to just be more accurate but a guy that flows off confidence, it isn't helping that the receivers are dropping balls. The entire team needs to do their job all game long and we wont have a problem with him

You guys realize peyton manning barely completed 60% of his passes his senior year?? This is not the NFL this is college. Only guys completing 60%+ in college these days are guys in the wide open hurry up offense which we dont run. But id be ecstatic if hes throwing 60% next year, I just dont think thats his game, be average just dont be ******

giphy.gif

63 QBs in college football completed 60% or more of their passes last season. It's a fact that some of those QBs are not in "hurry up" offensive systems.

You guys realize peyton manning barely completed 60% of his passes his senior year?? This is not the NFL this is college. Only guys completing 60%+ in college these days are guys in the wide open hurry up offense which we dont run. But id be ecstatic if hes throwing 60% next year, I just dont think thats his game, be average just dont be ******

Please don't compare passing statistics from over 20 years ago to today's game. The rules are much different and the offenses favor short passes a lot more. 54 starting FBS quarterbacks completed 60% or better of their passes last year. Rich calls at least 6 or 7 screens a game (probably more). Completing 60% in this offense shouldn't be impossible. That said, 5th year seniors don't magically get super accurate after 4 years of being inaccurate. I do believe that a healthy and focused Rosier can get his percentage up into the high 50s' and I'd be cool with that. Like I said in a previous thread, he just has to avoid the long cold spells he fell into last year. Yes, he's going to occasionally throw an easy one in the dirt but he's got to get passed it and not regress into consistent poor throws. As long as he doesn't have prolonged periods of terrible throws, the offense will be ok. I have a feeling that with a healthy shoulder and a renewed commitment to improvement he can be more consistent.

Now completing 64% of his passes? That's some good **** you're smoking.

Advertisement
Just being optimistic what was Rosier best game last season completion percentage wise?
Vs power 5 oppenent? Probably vs Syracuse the week before he got hurt in the unc game. We had a ton of drops and he was still over 62% passing I think. Regardless he was on fire that game

For those of you that doubt the likely hood of him increasing his completion percentage consider this, he averaged 31 attempts a game LY at 54% that's 16 completions if hits just two more passes per game that would bring him to 60%, not exactly a huge task.

Rosier's accuracy can stay the same and his completion % can go up significantly. Inaccurate QBs are don't become accurate, but comp% also reflects throwing it to the correct receiver against the right coverage, or getting the ball out quicker vs pressure instead of throwing it away. Rosier completed 55.9% of his targets last year (basically just removing throw aways), and completed 49.2% of his targets over 0 yards. I think with a healthy receiving group and a more experienced Rosier, 59/53 for those numbers aren't unrealistic.

Advertisement
Let's not forget we played one less game last season (Ark St) which I fully expected to roll in.

It can be argued that Malik would have put up decent numbers in that game.

Opposing QBs v. Ark St:

v. Neb (T. Lee 19/32 238 yds 2 TDs)
v. SMU (B. Hicks 16/32 266 yds 2 TDs)
v. South Bama (C. Garvin 25/45 343 yds 2 TDs)
v. UL Monroe (C. Evans 21/37 454 yds 4 TDs)
v. Troy (B. Silvers 23/41 246 yds 2 TDs)
v. Mid Tenn St (B. Stockstill 19/35 232 yds 2 TDs)

Based off those handful of games, Malik could have ended up with +200 yds, +2 TDs, ad +2% completion rate for the season which would've left him at 3300+ yds, 28+ TDs, and 56%+ completion.

It isn't a crazy thought for him to improve by those numbers OP listed in 2018.

Advertisement
Bruh I said he needs to be 58% to win 10 games I didnt say he's gonna turn into Peyton Manning and be a 1st round draft pick, the guy is never playing in the NFL. this equates to hitting 2 or 3 more passes a game thats all it takes. Were not winning the Title with this guy and this team

Yup, 2 to 3 more critical passes means Ws against Pitt and Wisconsin.

I'll look for your parade raining, kid balloon popping *** in Dallas.

Malik doesn't throw a "catchable" ball.

He guns it in there every time and doesn't throw with any touch. Even when he completes a pass, he hardly ever hits his WR in stride.... which means very few yards after catch. WR's are slowing down, stopping, reversing direction just to get at Malik's errant balls.

It's why I don't like baseball players as QB's.

He's just not an accurate QB. I don't think that's something you fix.

With all the weapons we have on this roster, it's a waste of their talent.

He also takes way too many sacks. He has a low completion %.... yet he never throws the ball away when it isn't there. He tries to tuck it and run. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work.

I actually see Malik's completion % GOING DOWN this year because he doesn't have Braxton Berrios do bail him out anymore. That was Berrios's calling card. Go watch some of last year's games.... Berrios bailed out Malik so many times it's crazy. Dude would go in to the dirt, up in the air, whatever it took.

Rosier just needs to be able to to hit the receivers a few times in stride so they can use there athleticism. Way too many times last year he would throw and the receivers had to make diving catches.

Advertisement
Back