Rosier accuracy will improve, 58% rate & 650 yards rushing 8 tds is the goal..

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
Ol Bleak has seen this narrative before. I told yall we would be better with Rosier at the helm then we were with Kaaya and some of yall rode with me some didnt. We are better with him then Kaaya. Rosier is a gamer not a guy whos gonna wow you in practice, I called that two years ago. I saw that throw during practice hes not good on the run like many have stated but history shows he will improve his accuracy.

Last year was his first year starting QB. Here are other 1st year starting Qb's who are Rosiers size and arent the most accurate that have improved their 2nd year starting

Trace McSorley 58% to 67%
Mckenzie Milton 57% to 67%
Drew Lock 49% to 58%(well he is 6'4)

Lets go back to Richt's Qb's at Georgia

Matt Stafford 52%- 61%
Aaron Murray 59%- 65%
Even DJ Shockley only has 56% completion rate in his 10-2 season

With a healthy Ahmon Richards I believe Rosier will increase his throwing percentage to at least 58% this season which is more then good enough to win 10 games

The most important thing for Rosier and richt need to do is run Rosier more and get more creative with his designed runs, not the same running play that we ran with 4-5 wrs in shotgun and he takes it up the mddle that every team knew was coming at the end of the year. We cannot afford Rosier starting off 1-8 in any games this year. RUn him more in the beginning of the games!! He is more confident when he is getting postive runs. We have to have a more mobile Rosier so that teams will focus on that part of his game and then we can hit them over the top, on the outside and to the tight ends over the middle.

Rosier ran for 468 yards last year and 5 tds

If he can boost that number up to 650- 700 yards and 8 tds I believe it will keep the defense off balance enough especially on 1st and 3rd downs for Rosier to have an all ACC type season. and get us to 10-2 in the ACC championship Game.

I believe Rosier tailed off during the second half due to teams knowing what Richt is gonna do and 2nd rosier and Richards not being completely healthy. I think this season is all on Richt and his play calling. I believe... do you?

Glad to be back, I cant do the crooting threads anymore its too predictable and easy for me to know whats gonna happen. See you phaggots in Dallas

Last edited:
Advertisement
Those guys were young. Rosier was in his 4th year. I hope the dude can at least get the ball to all these weapons consistently.

Good to have you back.

Rosier will hit for 64% this year. The second year starting and being more comfortable in the system, with the WR, and his reads will pay off. He worked with his QB coach. Hearing that he went for anywhere close to 70% from the practice reports is a major improvement. Having two future NFL TE's (Yes they are freshman) as Dmoney and Stefan mentioned on the podcast will help big time.

I remember a few TE's that had breakout freshman seasons. One of them being Hunter Henry at Arkansas. They are more talented than that guy! Those two blankets will help with some of the completion rates as well.

Advertisement
Good to have you back.

Rosier will hit for 64% this year. The second year starting and being more comfortable in the system, with the WR, and his reads will pay off. He worked with his QB coach. Hearing that he went for anywhere close to 70% from the practice reports is a major improvement. Having two future NFL TE's (Yes they are freshman) as Dmoney and Stefan mentioned on the podcast will help big time.

I remember a few TE's that had breakout freshman seasons. One of them being Hunter Henry at Arkansas. They are more talented than that guy! Those two blankets will help with some of the completion rates as well.

64% is a little much for a short guy who cant throw well on the run.. If he could do that and that was a staple of our offense then yes 64% would be possible. but dont think it will be. Its about him making lays when we need him too in crucial situations

there is no teacher better then experience, I dont think age matters its about experience
Age matters. Rosier wasnt some young qb who had never played. I have never seen a qb who wasn't accurate become accurate. But hopefully he can improve mechanics enough to where he becomes a serviceable passer.

64% is a little much for a short guy who cant throw well on the run.. If he could do that and that was a staple of our offense then yes 64% would be possible. but dont think it will be
60-61% should be the mark. **** he would have had that if not for all the drops we had in 2017

Age matters. Rosier wasnt some young qb who had never played. I have never seen a qb who wasn't accurate become accurate. But hopefully he can improve mechanics enough to where he becomes a serviceable passer.

Playing time >> Age. He doesn't have to be that accurate, he needs to not turn it over, hit guys like AR/JT when they are open for big plays and pray our O-Line can hold up.

Guess you weren't born when Brock Berlin went from a liability to a player in one season, and guess what, he wasn't young

Advertisement
60-61% should be the mark. **** he would have had that if not for all the drops we had in 2017
to me his strength before he fell off was getting the ball down the field not 7 yard timing routes. I think his type of style does not cater to a 61% completion rate we dont need him completing 61% of his passes if he is running the ball

to me his strength before he fell off was getting the ball down the field not 7 yard timing routes. I think his type of style does not cater to a 61% completion rate we dont need him completing 61% of his passes if he is running the ball
Exactly, We don't need Chad Pennington/Rich Gannon going 7 for 10 on 3 yard outs, give me a guy that goes maybe 5 or 6 for 10, but ones a 50+ yard TD over those guys all day.

bruh I just gave you 3-4 Qbs who improved their accuuracy after their first year starting wtf? theres plenty of examples in college ball i just chose the ones this year

Playing time >> Age. He doesn't have to be that accurate, he needs to not turn it over, hit guys like AR/JT when they are open for big plays and pray our O-Line can hold up.

Guess you weren't born when Brock Berlin went from a liability to a player in one season, and guess what, he wasn't young
Brock berlin didnt become this accurate passer either. Rosier problem isn't just completion percentage. Its his actual ability to pass the ball. He overthrows and underthrows guys and struggles to hit guys even when they are open.

Advertisement
Brock berlin didnt become this accurate passer either. Rosier problem isn't just completion percentage. Its his actual ability to pass the ball. He overthrows and underthrows guys and struggles to hit guys even when they are open.

He went from a liability to a pretty good player from season 1 to 2

bruh I just gave you 3-4 Qbs who improved their accuuracy after their first year starting wtf? theres plenty of examples in college ball i just chose the ones this year
Improved their completion percentage. Tim tebow had a great completion percentage but he wasn't a good passer.

Advertisement
Instigating/Personal attacks
Malik banged 252s woman, the kid has an unreal hate for the starting QB of his supposed "team". It's weird. He also won't say who Richt should play (he also claims he is smarter than Richt), but he just says "ANYONE BUT MALIK!!!!"

sad

Berlin numbers were about the same. His completion percentage actually dropped but he cut all the picks out. That was the only difference.

He went from 12 TD / 17 Int to 22 TD / 6 Int, come on kid...…….

Improved their completion percentage. Tim tebow had a great completion percentage but he wasn't a good passer.
Bruh I said he needs to be 58% to win 10 games I didnt say he's gonna turn into Peyton Manning and be a 1st round draft pick, the guy is never playing in the NFL. this equates to hitting 2 or 3 more passes a game thats all it takes. Were not winning the Title with this guy and this team

This.

He is and will always be streaky, he's just isn't an accurate qb. With all the screens and bubbles we ran last year and still was 58 % is just crazy. He also is just awful throwing on the run and lacks touch, touch is pretty much his biggest issue Imo.

I think 61-62 % is his ceiling , and I actually think he can hit that. If he is a little less streaky , and just hits the wide open guys on the deeper routes it'll be huge. With all the explosive guys on offense there'll be a lot chances at wide open throws.

Last year he left way too many points off the board with easy throws.

Just play above average , consistently all year and that should be enough, when he's streaky just not be entire games or weeks at a time. I don't think that's asking too much.

Advertisement
Back