Rooting for Notre Lame or Clemson? (Now Game Thread)

Advertisement
He’s a generational talent. Dolphins made a huge mistake tanking for Tua instead of Trevor.

I understand your thinking but does Flores or the GM survive another year if they tank again? These owners have too much money on the line to put up with losing for too long. And there’s no guarantee that they’re as bad as the Jets or Jax this season anyway.

Lots of posters just look at box scores and don't understand how a great QB changes the flow of the game. DJ had good numbers on paper but Clemson was 3 for 15 on 3rd downs. That means they were punting the ball instead of moving the chains (putting more stress on their D) or kicking FGs instead of TDs. I'm not exaggerating when I say most posters here believed that there wasn't a drop off from TL to DJ because DJ threw for a lot of yards.
Another big key on that loss Clemson had 3 starters on defense out.

A close game and ND should get the nod over A&M. Remember how badly Alabama beat A&M? It was uuuuugly. Now, if THIS keeps up, I think A&M deserves it over ND.
I disagree. AL is flat out better than Clemson. And aTm is flat out better than the Independent Indiana Team. I get the “close game” narrative to shoehorn the IIT into the CFP but if they played in the B1G or the SEC they wouldn’t be undefeated. They might not even be .500 depending on their schedule.

Advertisement
41591981.jpg
Yes I am serious. I can’t think of a college QB I’d rather have. Run pass leadership.....

people are mentioning guys like Barry sanders and of course he is magnificent. But the qb touches the ball every play and has the biggest impact on the game. And Trevor is waaaay under rated as a runner.

I understand your thinking but does Flores or the GM survive another year if they tank again? These owners have too much money on the line to put up with losing for too long. And there’s no guarantee that they’re as bad as the Jets or Jax this season anyway.
I get what you’re saying. The timing was off for the Phins. It’s just too bad.

I’m not a fan of either but explain why Elway was magnitudes better (as opposed to just better). Lawerence makes every throw. He’s tall. And he can run, not just scramble but run.
Elway was a better athlete (still remember Harry as one of his primary receivers) and a better passer and more elusive and a more pro-style offense. It’s not close.

Advertisement
****, what a catch
We cant even get wr who catch consistently and clemson is trotting out wr who make superstar plays every year.. We need a dam impact superstar wr, we let the best leave every year.. smfh

Advertisement
Yes I am serious. I can’t think of a college QB I’d rather have. Run pass leadership.....

people are mentioning guys like Barry sanders and of course he is magnificent. But the qb touches the ball every play and has the biggest impact on the game. And Trevor is waaaay under rated as a runner.
Def top 5, but if I had an average team and could pick one player from the last 30 years to add to the roster, I would go with Cam Newton and Vince Young before TL.

Advertisement
Def top 5, but if I had an average team and could pick one player from the last 30 years to add to the roster, I would go with Cam Newton and Vince Young before TL.
Both better runners but Trevor is a better passer. Both fantastic college players. I take Trevor

Advertisement
Back