Ronnie Hoggins

Another will likely we should've bagged him too now he at maryland doing the **** thang on defense and special teams just a playmaker and sounds like Hoggins is the same type of athlete

Advertisement
Swagger King []_[];2033558 said:
I'm really close to Hoggins and Ridley. I'm familiar with the Miami situation. SBB and Ridley practically begged for Miami to offer Hoggins and Miami passed. If they would have offered I have no doubt in my mind they would be committed to THE U. After Hoggins made all the noise with 14 picks Miami tried to act like they had interest in him to sway Ridley and SBB back to the U. Just my opinion about the situation, Hoggins frame isn't that big but he has the length and feet to cover anybody. His football IQ is through the roof and puts more work in than any other high school kid in South Florida (fact). Hoggins is looking at TCU and Texas at this point. Ridley is 110% all Alabama at this point don't expect that to change unless something crazy happens. I have talked to other coaches about Hoggins they love him they think he's one of the most explosive and underrated players in this 2015 recruiting cycle but his size it's the biggest draw back for them. Hoggins Will be another kid that slips through Miami's fingers and will become a great college player.

That's disheartening, but not surprising. Feigning interest in a player they should be making a priority is a joke.

Even if Hoggins wasn't as good as he is, they still should've offered if it meant they would've had a chance at a package deal with Ridley/SBB. But considering the season he's having, there's no excuse for not pursuing him. He's an obvious take regardless of what Ridley and SBB decide to do.

Leave it to Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams to ***** up yet again. SMH.

This is the type of **** up that you can make in year 1 and get away with. It is year 4. If they don't understand how to recruit in South Florida at this point the light is never going to come on.

"Small guy" in recruiting is kind of like "weed guy" in the NFL draft. Every year in the NFL draft some dude falls way too far because he got caught smoking weed and then he becomes a stud.

In recruiting, there are always a handful of dudes, ESPECIALLY in South Florida, who are obvious studs that are 2 inches too short. Everyone knows the list of dudes we have passed on because of this ****.

I mean, even playing out scenarios, the only reason that coaches don't like short corners is because they are afraid that they are going to get victimized by big receivers. Maybe Likely or Hoggins or Dowels (or whomever) gives up a handful of jump balls a year. Small price to pay for the toughness and ball skills they would bring to the table on the other 200+ snaps.

**** is infuriating.

Last edited:
This is the type of **** up that you can make in year 1 and get away with. It is year 4. If they don't understand how to recruit in South Florida at this point the light is never going to come on.

"Small guy" in recruiting is kind of like "weed guy" in the NFL draft. Every year in the NFL draft some dude falls way too far because he got caught smoking weed and then he becomes a stud.

In recruiting, there are always a handful of dudes, ESPECIALLY in South Florida, who are obvious studs that are 2 inches too short. Everyone knows the list of dudes we have passed on because of this ****.

I mean, even playing out scenarios, the only reason that coaches don't like short corners is because they are afraid that they are going to get victimized by big receivers. Maybe Likely or Hoggins or Dowels (or whomever) gives up a handful of jump balls a year. Small price to pay for the toughness and ball skills they would bring to the table on the other 200+ snaps.

**** is infuriating.

No offer for Moore, McKenzie, Dowels, Hoggins, etc. Berrios absolutely lit up a camp and inexplicably left without an offer, but luckily Kaaya lobbied for him and his love for UM overcame the lateness of his offer when he decided to commit.

This staff's size bias makes you wonder how much they would've prioritized a recruit as great as Tim Irvin if he had a different last name. And even then, it's been said on these boards that they haven't gone to see Irvin play once this season. It doesn't sound like it's going to matter anyway since he apparently has zero interest in playing for this staff. But still...

**** is infuriating.

Great point!

This has been my argument forever. So what if a kid is a couple inches too short or 10 pounds too light! In the grand scheme of things, how often is that going to hurt us? Maybe he gets run over by a ball carrier once every few games. So what. If the RB is getting that far outside then somebody else on defense screwed up. Maybe he gets beat out for a jump ball once every 5 games. So what. Like you said, small price to pay for the regular ball hawking ability he'll display.

Advertisement
This kind of stuff really p!sses me off. This is college.....kids who don't fit the "Standard" size/weight/speed can still succeed if they are ballers. You see it all the time. It's the same thing we had with Shannon not recruiting corners like Ricardo Allen, who many Canes fan were high on (including myself) but not recruited by the Big 3 and ended up at Purdue. Now he's in the NFL.

You always have to weight the pros and cons. If there are not better "fits" out there who are ballers, why take a risk on a height/weight/speed guy who doesn't show on tape when you have a less ideal fit who flashes? I can see passing on a guy who doesn't fit when you have other great options, but we are not Alabama right now in terms of recruiting. You take the best you can get. When that includes 2 stud friends....you jump at it.

Last edited:
We have so many awful coaches. Between Jethro, Williams, Golden, Dno... what a **** show.

Advertisement
We have so many awful coaches. Between Jethro, Williams, Golden, Dno... what a **** show.

I know Jethro has a solid career resume, but i have never been impressed. I wasn't blown away by his Dlines at USC and think the technique of the Dline here has been lacking for years since we lost John Palermo. I think the game has passed Uncle Jethro by.

Advertisement
Back