Ronnie Hoggins

There is some interest. I went to HS with Lamarcus Joyner when Shannon said he was too small to be a Cane. Therefore, I always say recruit talent and work ethic. You can't control your size but you can work harder than those around you. As for his weight he's listed at 150-165...Lamarcus was still a beast in the weight room for as short as he was in HS.

Joyner never wanted to be here though. I remember an interview where he said he wasnt interested in UM until RS came. He was at Southwest before transferring to STA. To this day I still think ge was better on offense. That being said, recruit talent. Like you said.

I'm aware. We were together at Southwest. Along with his cousin Chris Quinn and Hosey "fatboy" Williams. He would throw up a different college every TD celebration because he was enjoying the ride just like any recruit. He told me multiple times he was interested in UM, but Shannon screwed it up. Can't always believe what they say in interviews, but either way pointless to speak of since we all know where he ended up. my point is that we should give Hoggins a shot based on talent rather than looking at his size.

Advertisement
There is some interest. I went to HS with Lamarcus Joyner when Shannon said he was too small to be a Cane. Therefore, I always say recruit talent and work ethic. You can't control your size but you can work harder than those around you. As for his weight he's listed at 150-165...Lamarcus was still a beast in the weight room for as short as he was in HS.

Joyner never wanted to be here though. I remember an interview where he said he wasnt interested in UM until RS came. He was at Southwest before transferring to STA. To this day I still think ge was better on offense. That being said, recruit talent. Like you said.

I'm aware. We were together at Southwest. Along with his cousin Chris Quinn and Hosey "fatboy" Williams. He would throw up a different college every TD celebration because he was enjoying the ride just like any recruit. He told me multiple times he was interested in UM, but Shannon screwed it up. Can't always believe what they say in interviews, but either way pointless to speak of since we all know where he ended up. my point is that we should give Hoggins a shot based on talent rather than looking at his size.

Bingo.

And between a walk-on currently getting double-digit snaps per game in the secondary, Hester leaving before the season even started, and Mayes being the only corner we added in the previous cycle, there's an obvious need for depth in the back end. There should be room for a kid like Hoggins even if we unexpectedly land all three of our top targets at CB (Lewis, C. Davis, and D. Davis).

another reason i wish nothing but the worst for shantard

Because Joyner never wanted to come here?

Advertisement

Because Joyner never wanted to come here?

wonder why....

Texas has offered Hoggins, according to 247's Ryan Bartow.

Good enough for Charlie Strong, but not even on our radar? Pathetic.

This, the crazy thing about it is some, including myself, talked this guy up all last year when he had little to no offers. It was also rumored that he would seal the deal awhile back with ridley and bb when they were supposedly in favor of us. Offering now would send a bad message to be real. This guy alone deserved a offer from the get go by his play and film alone. I guess it is just crazy when a staff who is getting paid does not realize the obvious.

This, the crazy thing about it is some, including myself, talked this guy up all last year when he had little to no offers. It was also rumored that he would seal the deal awhile back with ridley and bb when they were supposedly in favor of us. Offering now would send a bad message to be real. This guy alone deserved a offer from the get go by his play and film alone. I guess it is just crazy when a staff who is getting paid does not realize the obvious.

Skai Moore and Isaiah McKenzie were very recent f***ups by the coaches, and this one is particularly frustrating because it's yet another indication that the staff isn't learning from their mistakes.

- Too much of an emphasis on size.
- Failing to actively pursue quality players in our backyard when it seems apparent we'll be unable to close on the top targets due to the way our season is going.

I don't think anyone would be surprised if we didn't end up with any of the following: Irvin, C. Davis, D. Davis, Cole (off-field issues), Lewis. And we have 0 CBs committed just one recruiting cycle after only landing Ryan Mayes. It seems they're going all-in on those top targets (aside from Cole), which is absolutely insane considering we'll likely end up around 6-6 and stumble down the stretch in recruiting once again.

More incompetence. Hoggins and Fenton are Miami-caliber players. Period.

Advertisement

Skai Moore and Isaiah McKenzie were very recent f***ups by the coaches, and this one is particularly frustrating because it's yet another indication that the staff isn't learning from their mistakes.

- Failing to actively pursue quality players in our backyard when it seems apparent we'll be unable to close on the top targets due to the way our season is going.

I don't think anyone would be surprised if we didn't end up with any of the following: Irvin, C. Davis, D. Davis, Cole (off-field issues), Lewis. And we have 0 CBs committed just one recruiting cycle after only landing Ryan Mayes. It seems they're going all-in on those top targets (aside from Cole), which is absolutely insane considering we'll likely end up around 6-6 and stumble down the stretch in recruiting once again.

This.

Also. Monumental **** up if they don't land Davante and Irvin for sure.

Cole I understand cause of all the issues.

Lewis it's looking good but we'll see how legit it is.

Carlton I never felt good about after his commitment to OSU, was shocked he picked them. Despite what Pete says, I don't see it happening with Carlton.

Need to pursue Redwine, Fenton and Hoggins. Just as good as the guys I listed above.

I know staff is pursuing Edwards who I also like, we'll see how that one plays out.

Last edited:

Nailed it bra!.. I have been on the fenton bandwagon since last year, hence, he even changed his jersey # this year to #1 so he can receive more recognition, lol. High #20's wasnt doing it for him.

Advertisement
Best CB in Broward and possibly South Florida period.

We won't offer though. "Too small."

SMH

Advertisement
Had his 14th pick of the season over the weekend.

State record is 22.

He's gonna keep getting picks cause Monarch scores a ton of points, forcing opposing teams to throw the ball all game.

Here's my thing... (regarding size at CB)

Where in football, college or pro, does it say that you have to be 6'0"+ to be a lockdown Corner?

If 5'10" is too small to play CB, where is the proof? It's certainly not in college. Plenty of 5'9"-5'10" CB's play well in college. The NFL? First of all, there's plenty of undersized players in the NFL who excel and second, WE AIN'T PLAYING IN THE NFL!

If I'm looking at a CB, I'm looking at what he does against D-1 competition. If this kid is 5'9"-5'10" and can cover Burgess-Becker and Ridley then what's the problem? Why would you extend offers to top flight Wide Receivers but NOT GIVE AN OFFER TO A CB THAT HAS THE ABILITY TO LOCK DOWN SAID PLAYERS?!?!

Good enough to cover the Ridley's while he's in high school but not good enough to cover the Ridley's once they get to college? Lmao. The **** kinda sense does that make?

This is why golden won't succeed here. How do you have this kid along with sheldrick redwine in your own backyard and you aren't recruiting either. Pair those two with Jaquan, tim Irvin and the two davis kids and you have ballers and ballhawks in your secondary. We have 0 ballhawks in our secondary right now. It's frustrating cause Hoggins and redwine are the type of kids who go to Louisville or wvu or Texas and ball out. These kids have great instincts. Another thing we lack on defense. Instincts is what separates a good player from a great player. Not size and speed.

Advertisement
Back