Ronnie Hoggins

Hoggins is good...real good ...he has an attraction to the ball that you can't teach at 5'10 i don't think that is small...he shouldn't just be a target he should be a priority

Advertisement
Hoggins is good...real good ...he has an attraction to the ball that you can't teach at 5'10 i don't think that is small...he shouldn't just be a target he should be a priority

He has great ball skills and make plays while the ball is in the air. Something we have been lacking in our secondary

I'm going down the line of all the CB that have am offer to the U and none of them has the skills of Hoggins... Tyrek Cole is number 2 so far. .. Redwine the best safety skill set so far

I'm going down the line of all the CB that have am offer to the U and none of them has the skills of Hoggins... Tyrek Cole is number 2 so far. .. Redwine the best safety skill set so far

Someone in your camp needs to put a bug in the coaches' ears!! Cmon pops...do what needs to be done.

Advertisement
So Fentress, a walk on, is like 5'8 and has started at LB and S, over high ranked players that this staff has recruited. Because he is supposedly the better option than those bigger, more highly recruited guys. This staff also says the safeties can't play the ball in the air, lack speed to cover and the 5 star recruit at CB, that they stole from U*** at the last second, is too slow according to them. SO they need playmakers that have speed, the ability to play the ball, an instinct for making big plays and someone that has shown they can cover the 5 star WR's in SoFla? But they haven't offered Hoggins or Redwine because of size?

I don't think the media or people outside of this board understand exactly why we all hate golden so much. The sad part is, it isn't as much about wins and loses as it is about his complete refusal to understand that this isn't the Big Ten, and these aren't football players form Pa, Ohio, Iowa or Jersey. It's how he wins and loses on the field and in recruiting that is so **** infuriating to any cane fan with a brain, systemic ******* issues that he refuses to even acknowledge. This constant need to stick a round peg in an undersized square hole is ridiculous. You pass on a ton of playmakers in the area because they don't fit your Northern scheme, and then the ones who you do want get thrown under the bus by this staff when they don't excel in your ****** scheme. I keep hearing that they couldn't get the kids they wanted because of the cloud, so they had to take some kids they normally wouldn't have taken. Ok, but how does the cloud affect you missing on playmakers because you didn't even recruit or offer them? Mackenzie, Moore, Dowels, Folston, the kid at UCLA, and on and on and on. The guys you wanted for your system? Larry Hope? Gone. Vernon Davis? Gone. Richardo Williams? Gone. Nate Dortch? Gone. The best CB on the roster right now, Corn Elder, ******* fell in to this staff's lap a few weeks after signing day. They weren't even recruiting the guy that hard until they found out he was still available after signing day and HE wanted to be a Cane. As far as I'm concerned, Fentress deserved his scholarship by getting the coaches in touch with Corn.

To recap: the staff starts a 5'8 walk on at safety; doesn't like the guys they have landed at safety; won't recruit guys, who have what they say guys on the roster are missing, because of size; cloud affected recruiting, but had no effect on why certain playmakers were passed over; best CB on team wasn't recruited by staff until after signing day and wouldn't even be a Cane if this staff had landed another one of their "cloud effect' recruits.

I ******* hate Al Golden.

So Fentress, a walk on, is like 5'8 and has started at LB and S, over high ranked players that this staff has recruited. Because he is supposedly the better option than those bigger, more highly recruited guys. This staff also says the safeties can't play the ball in the air, lack speed to cover and the 5 star recruit at CB, that they stole from U*** at the last second, is too slow according to them. SO they need playmakers that have speed, the ability to play the ball, an instinct for making big plays and someone that has shown they can cover the 5 star WR's in SoFla? But they haven't offered Hoggins or Redwine because of size?

I don't think the media or people outside of this board understand exactly why we all hate golden so much. The sad part is, it isn't as much about wins and loses as it is about his complete refusal to understand that this isn't the Big Ten, and these aren't football players form Pa, Ohio, Iowa or Jersey. It's how he wins and loses on the field and in recruiting that is so **** infuriating to any cane fan with a brain, systemic ****ing issues that he refuses to even acknowledge. This constant need to stick a round peg in an undersized square hole is ridiculous. You pass on a ton of playmakers in the area because they don't fit your Northern scheme, and then the ones who you do want get thrown under the bus by this staff when they don't excel in your ****ty scheme. I keep hearing that they couldn't get the kids they wanted because of the cloud, so they had to take some kids they normally wouldn't have taken. Ok, but how does the cloud affect you missing on playmakers because you didn't even recruit or offer them? Mackenzie, Moore, Dowels, Folston, the kid at UCLA, and on and on and on. The guys you wanted for your system? Larry Hope? Gone. Vernon Davis? Gone. Richardo Williams? Gone. Nate Dortch? Gone. The best CB on the roster right now, Corn Elder, ****ing fell in to this staff's lap a few weeks after signing day. They weren't even recruiting the guy that hard until they found out he was still available after signing day and HE wanted to be a Cane. As far as I'm concerned, Fentress deserved his scholarship by getting the coaches in touch with Corn.

To recap: the staff starts a 5'8 walk on at safety; doesn't like the guys they have landed at safety; won't recruit guys, who have what they say guys on the roster are missing, because of size; cloud affected recruiting, but had no effect on why certain playmakers were passed over; best CB on team wasn't recruited by staff until after signing day and wouldn't even be a Cane if this staff had landed another one of their "cloud effect' recruits.

I ****ing hate Al Golden.

Ether'd

He has great ball skills and make plays while the ball is in the air. Something we have been lacking in our secondary
I would guess and say 90% of high school CB don't make plays while the ball is in the air (Hawk) 1..They react on over and under thrown balls... 2. They deflect a ball that the recwicer has made a play for...but its just a few that stay in phase an when the ball is in the air act like it was a pass to them... it seems simple enough but ... its not...you can coach some of these kids to be great defenders but The Ed Reed Attraction to the ball is God given

Advertisement

Someone in your camp needs to put a bug in the coaches' ears!! Cmon pops...do what needs to be done.
I mentioned one of our So Corners to the staff the kid is a great defender 4.4 speed...but he is not drawn to the ball like Hoggins... I'm hoping its in our kid and it will come out of him sooner than later.. And I will mention this kid

the fact that him and fenton dont have offers is mind numbing. They are playmakers that this defense lacks.

U guys talking about fentress like hes a good player that guy is not miami caliber i always have an unsettling feeling when hes in the game... if i was an OC and saw 28 back there im going over the top next play...

U guys talking about fentress like hes a good player that guy is not miami caliber i always have an unsettling feeling when hes in the game... if i was an OC and saw 28 back there im going over the top next play...

You missed the point.

They don't take "little" guys who are actually ballers (Skai Moore, Dowels, Hoggins, etc) and we watch them go elsewhere and ball. Then at the one position where we are actually stocked with big physical athletes, they play a slow 5'7" career special teamer because they like his "moxie".

They weren't saying we should get more guys like Fentress, they were pointing out this staff's ****ery.

Advertisement
Agree, Hoggins needs an offer. But it's also strange he isn't getting more attention from other schools as well. It's not like he's at a school or in area where staffs bypass checking out on a regular basis. Every major college is at their games.

Again, I agree he needs to get an offer, just curious as to why there aren't more offers from other schools as well.

Ronnie Hoggins will be this cycle's Skai Moore. We'll offer him right before he's signing his LOI to another school. smh

the fact that him and fenton dont have offers is mind numbing. They are playmakers that this defense lacks.

They're playmakers in HS much like Carter, Bush, Howard, Burns, etc... If they had the offer and came here you'd still be talking about how we don't have playmakers in the secondary. It's not a player issue at this point. Their talents would be wasted similarly.

Advertisement
I'm really close to Hoggins and Ridley. I'm familiar with the Miami situation. SBB and Ridley practically begged for Miami to offer Hoggins and Miami passed. If they would have offered I have no doubt in my mind they would be committed to THE U. After Hoggins made all the noise with 14 picks Miami tried to act like they had interest in him to sway Ridley and SBB back to the U. Just my opinion about the situation, Hoggins frame isn't that big but he has the length and feet to cover anybody. His football IQ is through the roof and puts more work in than any other high school kid in South Florida (fact). Hoggins is looking at TCU and Texas at this point. Ridley is 110% all Alabama at this point don't expect that to change unless something crazy happens. I have talked to other coaches about Hoggins they love him they think he's one of the most explosive and underrated players in this 2015 recruiting cycle but his size it's the biggest draw back for them. Hoggins Will be another kid that slips through Miami's fingers and will become a great college player.

Advertisement
Back