Romello Height

That just solidified the bagman is in play. Auburn won’t even have the same coaching staff after next season.
I have no doubt that this was all bags. While I get where @DMoney was originally coming from when taking the position that the UGA’s and Bama’s didn’t need bags to pull kids from us, that was because of the shît show of incompetence run here previously. It’s clear as day what happened with Harris. And if we went undefeated, there’s still a strong likelihood that we wouldn’t keep him. The money is too much for us to overcome for the average top recruit.

Jesucristo, I sound like @Dwinstitles. People can knock his pessimism but I’m learning that there’s more truth to it than I wanted to believe. I can’t ignore what I’m seeing. It’s a hard pill to swallow bc we’re helpless at that top level but that said, we still can recruit well enough to have a shot at the playoffs each year and then anything can happen.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have no doubt that this was all bags. While I get where @DMoney was originally coming from when taking the position that the UGA’s and Bama’s didn’t need bags to pull kids from us, that was because of the shît show of incompetence run here previously. It’s clear as day what happened with Harris. And if we went undefeated, there’s still a strong likelihood that we wouldn’t keep him. The money is too much for us to overcome for the average top recruit.

Jesucristo, I sound like @Dwinstitles. People can knock his pessimism but I’m learning that there’s more truth to it than I wanted to believe. I can’t ignore what I’m seeing. It’s a hard pill to swallow bc we’re helpless at that top level but that said, we still can recruit well enough to have a shot at the playoffs each year and then anything can happen.
Yeah that’s true. Especially with how Enos has attacked QB recruiting. I wanted Harris in the class next season but Garcia is of more importance than he is. Now that he’s in the 20 class, he’s even more replaceable bc he’s not physically ready to contribute. Harvey will be, so I’m good. We would have definitely been stacking chips but, it’s hella chips still out there at his position. We have Van Dyke sewed up, so that’s even better.

Last edited:
Could it be Height was the one that committed and not Flagg

Advertisement
I was wondering the same thing. I still think it’s Flagg based off of Bakers tweet and Ivins report. Height could just be liking it because he knows he wants to jump on board also at some point in the near future.
Height a LB or DE? Seems like he has a Sam Brooks, Bogle type build.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Both things are true.
Yes we’ve been sub par for a while due to bad coaching decisions.
But saying that stringing a few 10 win seasons and a few good bowl games wins is going to sprinkle some magic anti bag fairy dust to these kids is short sighted.
Tennessee hasn’t won dck since 98.
Kirby after going 8-5 and getting spanked in last year’s bowl game and not making the playoffs. Signing classes like he’s the new saban.
Ole miss with Freeze.
Pedo state has been on a nice run and some good national exposure and guys go in the draft.
But can’t even keep their best receiver in the state and had some dudes decommit.
And even with the seasons they’ve had recently, they’ve only cracked the top 10 once in recruiting.
It takes bags to get the kids but you need but good coaching to win cause their are very good coaching staffs out there that will expose you regardless of the talent.
And if you happen to get a special talent at qb that’s just icing on the cake.

I hope he chooses Auburn and that staff gets replaced. I would laugh so **** hard. He seems like the type that would run to the portal just because the new position coach said hello with the wrong voice inflection.

My buddy whose an auburn alum and is plugged in said Malzahn would already be fired if it wasn't for that stupid contract they gave him.

Advertisement
Back