Romello Height

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
AI explains the recruiting strategy on the attached five rings podcast. Basically getting away from Richts strategy of not doing OV in the summer.

I would on only let the kids we are a Longshot to get OV in the summer, that would help get in the picture. But summer OV'ing kids that we think we are the leader for? Huge risk

Advertisement
I would on only let the kids we are a Longshot to get OV in the summer, that would help get in the picture. But summer OV'ing kids that we think we are the leader for? Huge risk
But for kids that want to commit early before their senior season and that want to enroll early, I think is a must. Don't want to tell a kid "we don't do summer OVs" and then the kid says thanks but no thanks.

But for kids that want to commit early before their senior season and that want to enroll early, I think is a must. Don't want to tell a kid "we don't do summer OVs" and then the kid says thanks but no thanks.
Of course u do it for the kids who say they want to commit before their senior season, that's only logical. I'm talking about the kids who are committing on ESD. It would be huge risk to OV them in the summer. Austin-Cave is OV'ing this weekend and I don't recall him saying he is committing before his senior season. François is also OV'ing and we already have his commitment. It doesn't make sense to bring him in now and then sweat it out until December.

Of course u do it for the kids who say they want to commit before their senior season, that's only logical. I'm talking about the kids who are committing on ESD. It would be huge risk to OV them in the summer. Austin-Cave is OV'ing this weekend and I don't recall him saying he is committing before his senior season. François is also OV'ing and we already have his commitment. It doesn't make sense to bring him in now and then sweat it out until December.

Francois isn't OVing. He is just visiting on Sunday....

Advertisement
I understand that you want your school to be the last visit that's on the recruits mind. I just think you don't want to shut a recruit down because of wanting to OV in the summer. Manny is trying to make sure we get a fair shake with each recruit. and I agree there is a risk with OVs in the summer.

It's not like we've been closing like champions on the trail the last few years with our "you can only take official visits for December/January" policy. I don't see a downside to letting a kid who wants to take visits in the Summer visit in the Summer. The prior policy (no Summer OVs) was unworkably rigid for kids who want to make their decision before the school year begins.

Like anything else in recruiting, the staff needs to pay attention, understand where they stand with the recruit, and have a good feel for the recruit and his motivations to avoid under-utilizing the OV.

Advertisement
Back