Romello Height

Solid DE, plays well with his hands and has decent footwork. Major upside is he doesn't quit until the play is dead.

Advertisement
It's not like we've been closing like champions on the trail the last few years with our "you can only take official visits for December/January" policy. I don't see a downside to letting a kid who wants to take visits in the Summer visit in the Summer. The prior policy (no Summer OVs) was unworkably rigid for kids who want to make their decision before the school year begins.

Like anything else in recruiting, the staff needs to pay attention, understand where they stand with the recruit, and have a good feel for the recruit and his motivations to avoid under-utilizing the OV.

This, the common sense approach.

One of the drawbacks with recruiting so many OOS guys is their ability to get to campus for unofficial visits, especially if they are outside of a reasonable driving distance. Unless they have some kind of "travel assistance" or get close geographically with a 7 v 7 team, it's not realistic that they will get there unless it's an OV. Relationships are built via text and telephone.

Advertisement
Let’s not forget summer OV’s are a relatively new thing. If you look at 247 it seems most players are doing at least half of their OV’s in the summer. Alot are getting them in before their season starts. It’s the new reality and you have to adapt to it.

One of the drawbacks with recruiting so many OOS guys is their ability to get to campus for unofficial visits, especially if they are outside of a reasonable driving distance. Unless they have some kind of "travel assistance" or get close geographically with a 7 v 7 team, it's not realistic that they will get there unless it's an OV. Relationships are built via text and telephone.

Every other school doesn’t seam to have a problem with OOS kids getting to campus

Advertisement
247 states some believe that dad is pushing for the canes and decision could come by the end of the month.
Doubt he is a take. I see him as a de. And we have guys like Jaylen harrel, donell Harris, and Quentin williams ahead off him. At lb we have flagg who is most likely committing soon , tirek austin cave, Reuben hyppolite, and justin flowe

Advertisement
Doubt he is a take. I see him as a de. And we have guys like Jaylen harrel, donell Harris, and Quentin williams ahead off him. At lb we have flagg who is most likely committing soon , tirek austin cave, Reuben hyppolite, and justin flowe
Donell Harris not coming... He said he is going to the SEC and he is playing outside lb

Not a take but we took the time and expense to bring him for an OV? OK

This kid is very good and Harris for one isn't coming here.

Advertisement
Donell Harris not coming... He said he is going to the SEC and he is playing outside lb
Ok but still this kid is way lower on our board I think we are only taking 2 de and we have Samuele anaele committed already. That means either harrel,Harris, or William's get the other spot

Ok but still this kid is way lower on our board I think we are only taking 2 de and we have Samuele anaele committed already. That means either harrel,Harris, or William's get the other spot

Then why you keep bringing up Harris?

Advertisement
Back