RomanCane's Gattis Breakdown:

Advertisement
Gattis has been known to adapt to his personnel. I’m hoping he will let TVD air it out. We don’t have the offensive line to do what Michigan did last year.
Are we sure his is flexible or was he forced to adapt because Harbaugh wanted to rely on the team' strength (OL)?

Not insinuating that he is not adaptable, just curious.

in all fairness with that offense - talented OL and RBs - not as talented QB and WR, it would seem sensible to look like that.

The question will be will/can he adjust to having more QB/WR talent here (less OL talent) and maybe do a little more of what we've been seeing lately?

Gattis does not employ the wide open air raid offense that many of us wanted. However, it fits Mario's brand of football so we should not be surprised.
Alabama
UGA
Michigan
Cincinatti
Notre Dame
Ohio State
etc.
etc.
etc.

Please name a consistently top program who has run air raid and has won anything of substance recently. I'll hang up and listen.

Advertisement
Alabama
UGA
Michigan
Cincinatti
Notre Dame
Ohio State
etc.
etc.
etc.

Please name a consistently top program who has run air raid and has won anything of substance recently. I'll hang up and listen.
The brand is not the way the partial spread to open spread is the norm now. The run to pass ratio is pass first run later. The reason is guys are bigger and faster and can easily stop the run if the avg is run first.Part of the spread must be incorporated !!!!!!!!!!

Bad hire.

Giving us a little nugget before the full breakdown, I see.
Here is LCEs breakdown:

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

Alabama
UGA
Michigan
Cincinatti
Notre Dame
Ohio State
etc.
etc.
etc.

If you think I am unhappy with the Gattis hire, then you are wrong. If you said to me in early December that we were going to steal Oregon's head coach, Clemson's AD and Michigan's OC, I would have said you were nuts. Yet, here we are miles ahead of where we were just a few months ago. It feels good again to be a Canes fan.

Just because some of us wanted a different type of offense does not mean Gattis is a bad hire. Far from it actually.

Some of us wanted Lane (not me). Others wanted Mario. We can have favorites and when our favorite coordinator isn't selected there is a sense of minor disappointment. It is human nature. Nothing wrong with it.

Advertisement

Dismount the current ***** you're riding like a merry-go-round, geek.

**** joke.
Name call.
I swear I’m in 8th grade again.

He's a Syracuse fan take it easy.

I’d like to see what Roman thinks that Kirby did that so frustrated the Wolverines.
Seemed like as good as the Michigan OL was, UGA's DL was better. The SEC Championship game was an anomaly. I saw UGA's DL just stand up several times, not even trying to penetrate or rush the QB. I have no idea what they were doing. I saw it in the 1st quarter, so I know they weren't tired. It was a different story against Michigan. UGA's front seven completely took away their running game and made them one-dimensional, and that was without blitzing. When they did blitz, their QB got destroyed. Michigan had about 40 yards of rushing in the 1st half, less than 100 for the game. 27-3 at the half, it was over.

Advertisement
He's a Syracuse fan take it easy.
I was born and raised in NY in the center of Big East basketball. After my parents death, I moved to Florida and began watching college football. Became a Miami football (pro and college). Previously my father only watched MLB (Mets) and CBB (Syracuse) but my grandfather who I lived with in Florida was a huge Dolphins and Canes fan. Now GTH.

Advertisement
I was born and raised in NY in the center of Big East basketball. After my parents death, I moved to Florida and began watching college football. Became a Miami football (pro and college). Previously my father only watched MLB (Mets) and CBB (Syracuse) but my grandfather who I lived with in Florida was a huge Dolphins and Canes fan. Now GTH.
Miami was in Big East but whatever butt **** go take a lap or hot shower, jack off. I'll say it one more time.... either 100% in or get the **** out.

Last edited:
I think we will be all right with this hire. I just want to see what happened vs GA. Was it a more physical DL? Or lack of spreading the defense (lack of game planning and going away from GA Dline)?

Miami was in Big East est but whatever butt **** go take a lap or hot shower, jack off. I'll say it one more time.... either 100% in or get the **** out.
In CBB, Miami didn’t join the Big East until the early 90s. By then my father had already raised me to be a Cuse fan before that. I was a Cuse fan years before Miami had joined the Big East.

Advertisement
Back