Romancane retweeted by Rudy

Advertisement
You going to remove someone from giving you money because he throwing a fit? Or take his money/let him leave on his own if he doesn't want to give it lmao
Me personally, if you don’t support what we are trying to do here then get the **** out of the way. Have someone take his place that has the same vision and desire. Unified front… it’s ok to have different opinions, but these stunts are bull**** and only holds us back. Does this happen at other universities? I haven’t heard a peep like this at Clemson and I would know. That is me personally tho, if that is your thought process or another’s then I get that too

Look im all for the talk about how "real teams move in silence" and to be patient because behind the scenes the people who are in charge are about to put together something that will blow all of our minds..But my only issue is if we are indeed hiring Nunez (who I am not totally against, I know alot of posters hate the idea but the guy has AD experience. Besides, as long as he stays out of Mario or Lanes way I dont care who the AD is)..but anyway, if they are going to hire Nunez, why is it taking 3 weeks to hire a guy of this caliber? Why is it taking 3 weeks to get a Nunez/Zo package or Nunez/Zo/Gino package? Nunez should be begging to get the **** out of NM to take a job at Miami! And even if its not Nunez, it shouldnt take this long to hire an AD. I dont care what they are doing behind the scenes. Especially if you dont have Marios 100% commitment that he is coming. If we have to court him another week to convince him to come then someone dropped the ball big time. We should be courting him now behind the scenes with an AD already hired.

He seems to be the voice of reason among the OBBs.
He's the only one that actually understands the game of football. And I’m not even talking about back room politics or insider knowledge or anything like that. I’m talking about the actual game and how it’s played. The other idiots just play a ton of madden and think that’s how real football works.

Advertisement
Which raises the question, if they know they have a weasel/rat/little ***** (Epstein) spreading all this false information then what actions can they take to remove her from the board? @TheOriginalCane do you know how that works?
Outright removing a BoT member is a nuclear option.

Doubtful they press that button unless any member is caught on. video in public drunk, coked up, fücking a. chicken, while wearing an FSU t-shirt.

He's the only one that actually understands the game of football. And I’m not even talking about back room politics or insider knowledge or anything like that. I’m talking about the actual game and how it’s played. The other idiots just play a ton of madden and think that’s how real football works.
He was the main reason I started listening to the podcast but it is almost unlistenable because of the other two.

Advertisement
But the hire still needs BOT approval, right? If so, they can stall the process if there is enough of them against it.

Ya know, I did some digging and I think you're right. While the AD reports to the president, seems that the AD hire has to be approved by BOT. This is something I found online:

Now, UM might have different bylaws regarding who the BOT has to sign off on, but I would suspect it's pretty consistent across most universities.

Advertisement
Which raises the question, if they know they have a weasel/rat/little ***** (Epstein) spreading all this false information then what actions can they take to remove her from the board? @TheOriginalCane do you know how that works?

I don't recall anyone ever being removed from the Board, though I'm sure there has been some behind-the-scenes stuff that has happened. I would imagine that there are "stories" about why some particular Trustee suddenly "left" the Board. Ordinarily, a Trustee who is not as active anymore moves over to "Emeriti" status. I posted this earlier, the Board has very slow turnover because of its huge size, and the relatively small slate of "new" Trustees that comes aboard at any one time. When Jose Mas joined the board in 2020, he was one of six new members.

I would imagine that if If IF Frenk got a second 5-year contract, it would indicate the support of at least half of the BOT, and you might see Epstein pushed to Emeriti status. I'm actually surprised by what has happened, in light of how long Epstein has been on the BOT, because the way that information has been leaked is going to offend even some of the Trustees who might otherwise support Epstein on all of the other regular UM issues that come before the BOT.

But you can go back to posts of mine from years ago, and you can see that I have complained about the size of the BOT, the duration/tenure of many BOT members, and the lack of transparency. I've also said that they are ill-equipped to oversee a P5 Athletic Department.

I don't expect a public execution for Epstein, but he might (effectively) be sidelined in the future. No pun intended.

Advertisement
Other schools making big hires and getting better. Miami looking like a circus like usual.

Trust the process guys!

The hope is that Rudy, Julio and joe are truly keeping a tight seal on their decision knowing full well that the BOT is a collection of loose lips. Julio is the one that hires the AD - not the board. Hoping Julio makes his own decision based on Rudy/joe/search firm’s feedback.

Inaccurate. Frenk makes his recommendation, but the BOT must approve. In non-BOT-Civil-War times, and on less controversial hires, the BOT approval may be a slam dunk, but this has not proven to be so for this AD hire.

Essentially, key jobs that involve multi-year employment contracts and high compensation are the ones that require BOT approval. Frenk wants to hire a head of the International Studies program? No big deal. Frenk has a recommendation on an AD that involves a multi-year employment contract with million-dollar compensation? Yeah, he can't do that unilaterally.

And let's not forget the context. The Athletic Department is just a small (but important) part of UM, and the President and BOT have to work together on SO MANY issues past the next couple of weeks. Consensus-building is important for long-term harmony, which is why I am shocked that Epstein has pushed all his chips into the middle of the table over this issue.

Advertisement
Back