2024 Romanas OJ Frederique, Jr. CB from STA via Deerfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Was at Deerfield, transferred to STA. Picked up offers from Miami and FSU today. Unranked on 247, not likely going to stay that way for long.

@Coach Macho loves the potential of this recruit

This was one of my babies at Deerfield. Love this kid. My DB coach at Deerfield is a guru and has developed some great CB's, and he was crazy about OJ as an underclassmen. He said he'd be elite if he grew, and here we are.
Ecstatic for this kid.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@DMoney from the 6/20 Bank

Another name that blew everyone away at camp? Recent West Virginia commit Romanas Frederique. He is a CB/WR/PR with length who recently transferred to St. Thomas Aquinas from Deerfield Beach. Big-time upside at corner and Miami is very interested.

Advertisement
Years ago at Deerfield, my DB coach (who's one of the best in the game IMO) was very excited about 2 slim jitterbugs that were young backups.
He said they'd both be elite.

Xavier Lucas
Romanas Frederique

Welp... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Couldn't happen to better kids, too. Both are amazing young men.
I hope we can get OJ. (Frederique)

Years ago at Deerfield, my DB coach (who's one of the best in the game IMO) was very excited about 2 slim jitterbugs that were young backups.

Xavier Lucas
Romanas Frederique

Welp... 🤷🏻‍♂️

If I’m understanding correctly you’re saying his size/physicality is what was holding him back on being a bigger recruit? Looks long (pause) sometimes those kids take a while to fill out

If I’m understanding correctly you’re saying his size/physicality is what was holding him back on being a bigger recruit? Looks long (pause) sometimes those kids take a while to fill out
Think they just needed more time, they were probably really young in program (freshman/soph)..

Advertisement
Think they just needed more time, they were probably really young in program (freshman/soph)..
Which hey I mean that’s just how it goes. We know how it is where some kids get locked in to these high rankings and they just kinda stick there for a while because noone really has time to evaluate them all

I don’t want to overplay it but I like what I’m seeing so far with some of these lower ranked kids we’ve been after the last couple years

@DMoney from the 6/20 Bank (Video version)

• Projects as a CB
  • Versatility like Barney
  • Lanky
  • True corner w/length
  • Likes to get hands on WR
  • Great game against Hykeem
  • Really showed out at camp
  • May emerge as a target
  • WVU commit, Miami won't stop recruiting because he's committed, will pursue best SFL athletes and will try to flip
  • Discussion of how Mario's approach with camp offers differs from Golden. Very selective but once they decide, they priortize as opposed to Golden offering too many camp players

Advertisement

Xavier Lucas
Romanas Frederique

Welp... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Macho, for Lucas, why no (apparent) interest from Miami?

Here's his WVU commitment tweet

So he was subliminally asking for a Miami offer with his commitment edit??

IMG_0330.gif

Advertisement
Mack, Frederique, Howard, Knight

Looks like the local DB (besides Patterson) that may have a chance to be in this class. I think we take 1 of those (In addition to ZP)…Maybe a chance for 2 if can't flip Hayward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back