Romanas Frederique to Miami

View as article
One of the differences I’m seeing is the staff is doing a lot of in person evals

I know people mentioning Golden/Shannon are venting because it’s pretty clear this isn’t it. Those guys didn’t have the resources Mario does so we are definitely seeing these guys multiple times and it’s not just trying to find diamonds in the rough because you don’t have the recruiting budget

Least thats how it seems to me

Golden/Shannon and those guys get a lot of deserved **** but Mario doesn’t have the same issues they did resource wise
Golden offered alot of guys at camps..

Advertisement
Golden offered alot of guys at camps..
Yep. It’s why I said several times. Feels like the theme anyway

Not excusing past recruiting regimes or anything but I’ve noticed several of these guys they’re seeing them three four times over several months of progression and lots of visits it seems

Just something I noticed anyway

Some of the guys are definite takes. Mack and CWH and Shavers who was injured last season im totally fine with the takes. Im not sold on this guy or Russell from watching their films.
Theirs certain guys u just know are gonna be jags
It’s bc we’ve seen so many of them
And unfortunately he’s one of them
He could be an outlier and ball out
But we can’t recruit for outliers
We have to recruit towards the mean
And those are the blue chips recruits

Advertisement
The University of Miami has managed to flip St. Thomas Aquinas cornerback Romanas Frederique from West Virginia. The 6-feet, 176-pound cornerback had been committed to West Virginia since mid-June, but after impressing the Canes coaches at a recent camp, interest in his recruitment heated up significantly, culminating in his sudden switch.

Frederique boasts a frame that allows him to effectively challenge both quick slot receivers and towering outside threats. This versatility has made him one of the more sought-after cornerbacks in Florida.

Frederique is a Deerfield Beach transfer who initially committed to the Mountaineers in the middle of June. The Canes coaching staff had a chance to witness Frederique's skills firsthand at a recent camp, which led to the offer.

Original player thread here:

Theirs certain guys u just know are gonna be jags
It’s bc we’ve seen so many of them
And unfortunately he’s one of them
He could be an outlier and ball out
But we can’t recruit for outliers
We have to recruit towards the mean
And those are the blue chips recruits
Well it’s kinda weird too when you look at the DBs right? Not saying this kid in particular but take Howard that just transferred to Central

He’s ranked like 75-80, high four star type player but our staff and insiders have said there’s like nothing to evaluate him on because he’s barely played

These ranking can be so weird too

But other than Ellis Robinson we aren’t in on ANYONE at CB that we know of anyway

The responses all but guarantee this kid blows up senior year.

I also love that 99% of this board bust a nut bringing in Zo as a professional operation to scout kids.

Now we’re scouting kids and people *****.

At least let it play out 1-2 years ****. We’ll know pretty quickly if it’s turning out well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I get that but it’s the same people always complaining. No one is ever happy. Miami could land a 5 star and people would still find reason to complain.

If you believe in recruiting rankings, there isn’t much to be happy about with Miami recruiting so far this cycle.

But hopefully Miami lands a 5* soon so we can see if your theory is correct. But it seems like the 5* commit threads from last cycle had everybody going crazy.

If you believe in recruiting rankings, there isn’t much to be happy about with Miami recruiting so far this cycle.

But hopefully Miami lands a 5* soon so we can see if your theory is correct. But it seems like the 5* commit threads from last cycle had everybody going crazy.
It’s July 1st tomorrow. There’s no reason to freak out about the class. There’s still a whole season left to be played. A lot of these guys are waiting to see if Miami has improved before possibly jumping on board.

Abso-freakin-lutely.
He's a dude.

He was a late bloomer. Going into his 11th grade year he sprouted like 3 inches. His recruiting is starting to take off lately because he looks completely different than he did a year ago.
So what you're saying is we're actually evaluating better, coach? Hmmm wonder has helped in that regard. Wonder if it rhymes with SmithHigh :unsure:

Advertisement
It’s July 1st tomorrow. There’s no reason to freak out about the class. There’s still a whole season left to be played. A lot of these guys are waiting to see if Miami has improved before possibly jumping on board.

Eh. The season usually has little impact on your recruiting class. If you don’t have juice in the summer, you aren’t going to have juice. It’s the summer that decides your class.

Advertisement
Back