Rodney Scott Commits

Offer list looks impressive but read he runs a 4.7

Ill trust the the type of coaches that extended an offer tho. Great

40 times are so jaded that I dont hold much credence. Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 dropped in draft yet no one caught him from behind his first 5 years in NFL. I think they should time players in pads not gym shorts as football speed and track speed are totally different.

Advertisement

40 times are so jaded that I dont hold much credence. Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 dropped in draft yet no one caught him from behind his first 5 years in NFL. I think they should time players in pads not gym shorts as football speed and track speed are totally different.

If you're talking about someone who plays fast but has a pedestrian 40 time, then that's one thing (still not the point you were trying to make, though). But Rodney Scott looks legitimately slow in his highlights for someone in the 170-180 pound range. That's not to say he can't be good, but he's not running away from anyone in his highlights.

Last edited:

what good would that do ? The differences in speed would still be the same between players, unless some are timed in pads while others aren't

Boldin comparison? What? His film shows that he does what any wide receiver should do, that's catch the ball. He doesn't jump out in any other aspect whatsoever. He's not elusive, a burner, a quick accelerator, or show fluidity in and out of his breaks.

Considering all of that, I don't see enough to say he's going to be anything good or bad. That's where you would have to look at his game film and I'm sure the coaches have.

Watch Boldin as a freshman at FSU (a I have due to charting Richt playcalling while at FSU) and you'll see that's exactly what Boldin did for them.

That's the dangerous thing with comparisons...people can then extrapolate that comparison to the NFL version at their peak of that particular player. Rest assured, Boldin changed quite a bit from those early days at Florida State.

Advertisement
I may have to take a look back and have said I don't watch the NFL, but I don't see it in my memory.

Advertisement
Back