Confirmed Rod Wright is new DE coach

Advertisement
Was kind of hoping for a proven recruiter to go along with Salave’a. Inroads or not he has no experience recruiting elite kids. At this point Mario gets the benefit of the doubt though for sure.

Advertisement
****. How many recruiters you friggin want??
everyone GIF

****. How many recruiters you friggin want??

At DE? A great recruiter. Either way i'm not worried about it. Between the the rest of the staff and the three other Dline coaches, even if Wright wasn't a great recruiter we'd be able to land elite D ends. With that said I don't think Mario brings him on if he wasn't sure he has potential to recruit at a high level.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I disagree with this. I know sites have bain listed at 6'2 to 6'3 at 250lbs but I think those numbers are inflated. He's probably closer to 6'1 230lbs. That would mean adding 50 to 60lbs on him. I don't think his frame will hold all of that weight well. He'd possibly lose some of his explosiveness and bend.

He'd benefit from gaining 20-30lbs and remaining on the outside on early downs then sliding inside on 3rd downs/passing situations.

260lbs should be his goal weight for him frame.
I don’t remember the exact weight but on campus he was verified as 6’2.75 and I want to say 243 or something like that.

Keir Thomas clone. Maybe a little more explosive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back