Confirmed Rod Wright is new DE coach

IMO yes.

He’s a tweener, but I think he can be an interior disrupter at DT.

He’s a bit undersized at DE IMO.
Agree with this. I see him as a disruptive 3T in that 280-290 range with an unbelievable first step. JMO. Compliment him with a couple of bigger/longer types inside and keep it moving.
I disagree with this. I know sites have bain listed at 6'2 to 6'3 at 250lbs but I think those numbers are inflated. He's probably closer to 6'1 230lbs. That would mean adding 50 to 60lbs on him. I don't think his frame will hold all of that weight well. He'd possibly lose some of his explosiveness and bend.

He'd benefit from gaining 20-30lbs and remaining on the outside on early downs then sliding inside on 3rd downs/passing situations.

260lbs should be his goal weight for him frame.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I disagree with this. I know sites have bain listed at 6'2 to 6'3 at 250lbs but I think those numbers are inflated. He's probably closer to 6'1 230lbs. That would mean adding 50 - 60lbs on him. I don't think his frame will hold all that weight well. He'd possibly lose some of his explosive and bend.

He'd benefit from gaining 20-30lbs and remaining on the outside on early downs then sliding inside on 3rd downs/passing situations.

260lbs should be his goal weight for him frame.

Understood.
Obviously I haven’t seen him in person but I was basing my statement off of his reported HT/WT. If he is truly closer to 6’1 230, then we may have a decision to make lol. But I’ve seen some people say that he is even more than the 250 he’s listed at. I trust the staff regardless.

Understood.
Obviously I haven’t seen him in person but I was basing my statement off of his reported HT/WT. If he is truly closer to 6’1 230, then we may have a decision to make lol. But I’ve seen some people say that he is even more than the 250 he’s listed at. I trust the staff regardless.
If he's really 265lbs, I'll be stunned. If that's the case then he carries his weight like AD(Rams DT) and can absolutely carry 290lbs with no problem. Lol

Dance Miami GIF by big3rollup
Manny really had us like clowns out here giving these dudes awards for sideline hype.. smfh

Advertisement
Man, I was lazy af. I try not to get caught slippin, b/c my day 1’s r always looking to press pause on a ninja. So I gots to choose words or spell out things accordingly. Lol.
Same, can’t be caught wiln, full time job lol

Advertisement
If he's really 265lbs, I'll be stunned. If that's the case then he carries his weight like AD(Rams DT) and can absolutely carry 290lbs with no problem. Lol
Yea i think he is closer to that 6'1-6'2 240 range honestly. Reason being is i coached the other end previously that started on that team and him and Baina re around the same size.
The only thing i also dosee is that if he is above the 250 by the start of the sr year...he could have some Calijah Kancey type to his game. I personally like how he gets after it and dont care where he lines up. I similarly liked the kid from Orlando we recruited last year that ended up at Penn State who had that 6'1-6'2 245-250 range. Zane Durant.

Yea i think he is closer to that 6'1-6'2 240 range honestly. Reason being is i coached the other end previously that started on that team and him and Baina re around the same size.
The only thing i also dosee is that if he is above the 250 by the start of the sr year...he could have some Calijah Kancey type to his game. I personally like how he gets after it and dont care where he lines up. I similarly liked the kid from Orlando we recruited last year that ended up at Penn State who had that 6'1-6'2 245-250 range. Zane Durant.
It's very difficult for fans at times to get accurate information regarding accurate height and weight because from high school to college these measurements are almost always exaggerated. Many times it isn't until the NFL combine that the truth is finally revealed.

Having said that I agree with you that Bain is a player regardless and I don't care where he lines up.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Gabby said in a podcast a week or so ago that he’s at 265.

I couldn't agree more. Bain's size and skill set scream DT. It's the best and most logical place to put him IMO.
I will disagree with most re Bain's position. The kid is athletic with natural power and agility. His low center of gravity can get tackles off balance and give him the option to get inside, dip outside or bull rush an off balance blocker. He can also hold the edge longer interrupting jet sweeps or wide runs.

A Defensive Staff of:

- Kevin Steele
- Charlie Strong
- Joe Salave’a
- Jahmile Addae
- Rod Wright

Is pretty **** sedulous crew, great mix of grizzled vets & young recruiters.

The Defense will be a strong point for Miami going forward if we keep most of that side intact.
I consider myself to have a good vocabulary, but busting out sedulous...impressive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back