Roche transferring to Miami

Sounds legit. Thread was started by their main moderator on the 247 board. He cites multiple sources confirming the information. The thread is 7pages long... Sounds like Roche was in communication with them literally until King committed. He also said that UNC was talking to him today too. Still trying to get him to defer to Summer enrollment.

Totally different story given to Ferman on Canesport by Roche .

Ferman pffft

Advertisement
I read thru the thread, it was entertaining. They sound like us only they don’t cry like babies about the staff and everything else. However they think that we can sell water to a well hahaha. Like I said entertaining.
Last part got me dead 😂

Advertisement
1st of all he's already better than Garvin. So as far as I'm concerned that's an upgrade. Secondly, the gap between P5 & G5 is as small as it's ever been. Case in pt UCF. Parity is a very real thing in CFB.
SO hes already better then Garvin without even steppin on the field? Im hoping i missed the sarcasm

Advertisement
Yes, Va Tech is pretty salty. Feel like they got played by Roche.

There's an entire thread discussing how he committed to them on Saturday night. They said he even helped with some other recruits on campus... He spent all day today sending in enrollment paperwork and talking back and forth with their staff. Supposedly people worked in admissions on their day off to process his application to graduate school and then he posts a commitment to Miami not long after King commits....

They are NOT happy there...
BOO-*******-HOO

d5f4ce56cd40d66302f98607fc07dd04.png

Oh we did some work alright... From the VT board btw

View attachment 109437

Oh we did some work alright... From the VT board btw
Well, maybe Stroud is more useful than I gave him credit for being. It seems he can recruit for the DL. I just wished the players displayed from craft and skills like they did under the previous 2 DL coaches, but he was only there for a year. Maybe Stroud will implement more of those moves during this offseason. Regardless, between what he brought in from H.S. and then going into Roche's parents' home and making the case for the U, I am pumping the brakes a little bit on wanting him out. I do wish we played with more than a bull rush, but again, perhaps this all becomes moot now with all of the talent in the DL room.

Also, I like that for the 2nd year in a row, we've basically brought in the best DE available in the portal. That's a tradition I don't hate.

Last edited:
Well, maybe Stroud is more useful than I gave him credit for being. It seems he can recruit for the DL. I just wished the players displayed from craft and skills like they did under the previous 2 DL coaches, but he was only there for a year. Maybe Stroud will implement more of those moves during this offseason. Regardless, between what he brought in from H.S. and then going into Roche's parents' home and making the case for the U, I am pumping the breaks a little bit on wanting him out. I do wish we played with more than a bull rush, but again, perhaps this all becomes moot now with all of the talent in the DL room.

Also, I like that for the 2nd year in a row, we've basically brought in the best DE available in the portal. That's a tradition I don't hate.
Would you say Roche is better than Hill?

Advertisement
Would you say Roche is better than Hill?
Consider this, not only was Roche better than Hill this past season, the only person, when considering all ways they measure DE play, who was superior was Chase Young. Except for sacks, he actually outperformed Rousseau. This is what makes the combo of Roche and Rousseau (both French names I guess... maybe we call them the French Connection ala the Crime movie...?) so incredibly lethal.

This pass rush, when those two are in the game, is so ferocious, that they will have to stay in the pocket and this is when I can see our DT's feasting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back