Robert Knowles is a true Cane

Not bashing the dude personally. He may be the greatest person ever but he's not a good football player and him getting playing time hurts the team's chance of winning. Some of you guys have to separate on field and off field. Fans don't want to see him play because we've been seeing him get beat time and again for years. He's proven incapable of competing at the highest levels of college football. That doesn't mean he's an ******* or a bad teammate or someone who's not giving 100% effort. It just means he's not good enough. If I was out there getting beat by receivers, missing tackles and being out of position, I'm pretty sure you guys would be booing me too.

Advertisement
Not bashing the dude personally. He may be the greatest person ever but he's not a good football player and him getting playing time hurts the team's chance of winning. Some of you guys have to separate on field and off field. Fans don't want to see him play because we've been seeing him get beat time and again for years. He's proven incapable of competing at the highest levels of college football. That doesn't mean he's an ******* or a bad teammate or someone who's not giving 100% effort. It just means he's not good enough. If I was out there getting beat by receivers, missing tackles and being out of position, I'm pretty sure you guys would be booing me too.

100% this. Totally cool with *****ing him out for playing like *** on the field, but celebrating that he is injured is for ****heads.

a true cane would pull himself out of the game knowing you're a liability

i've done it myself in rec leagues when I was a teenager in basketball. I've done it in flag football when I was 14 and got an accidental roughing the passer penalty. No one told me to sit down, I slowly walked over to the bench and sat myself down for the rest of the game
I mean please tell me this is sarcasm

Advertisement

i've done it myself in rec leagues when I was a teenager in basketball. I've done it in flag football when I was 14 and got an accidental roughing the passer penalty. No one told me to sit down, I slowly walked over to the bench and sat myself down for the rest of the game
Sooo you saying you was a “coach I ain’t get in yet” kid

if only...

Knowles_RL10952.jpg

Advertisement
That’s fair but if a player hates being bashed by the public fan base so much then he pursued the wrong career. Being a football player at a big time program brings all the positives and the negatives. I don’t bash him but the fans who do have every right. Play better if you want to avoid that. Y’all cant bash richt, for example, and try protecting knowles. Can’t have it both ways folks

Sooo you saying you was a “coach I ain’t get in yet” kid

I lead the flag football league in sacks

I lead my bball team to the championship

but sure, defend the guy all you want you nuts

( the flag football team also went to the championship )

Advertisement
I’ve been reading a lot of hate on the boards about Robert Knowles, and some of it is genuinely ugly stuff.

Just like Malik Rosier last year, this is a guy who suits up as a Miami Hurricane and puts his body on the line. I saw people cheering that he was hurt, and that’s un****ingbelievable.

I understand hating coaches for making dumb personnel decisions, or bashing players that turn down the U and go elsewhere (Alabaga, Jawja, etc). In fact, I understand bashing a player if they just don’t care about the team (Nkosi last year, for example).

A player does not control if they play or do not. The coach does. A player can only control the effort they put in, and how the conduct themselves on and off the field.

Robert Knowles is a ******* Cane. He may not be the most athletically gifted, but he gives his all, and that is all we can ask for. If Manny/Blake see fit to play someone in front of him, which will likely be the case, that’s fantastic - but that is never an excuse to bash a current or former player.

Cane family.
I hate fans that spend their time trying to tell other fans what's what, acting like a super fan. How about you ask anyone if they give a crap about your opinion before sharing it?

For the record, that 5’8” 200 pound walk on Fentress that they switched between LB and S was a better player than Knowles. He actually made a couple plays rather than consistently getting roasted in every which way possible. If Knowles is on the field, I expect a TD to happen

Advertisement
For the record, that 5’8” 200 pound walk on Fentress that they switched between LB and S was a better player than Knowles. He actually made a couple plays rather than consistently getting roasted in every which way possible. If Knowles is on the field, I expect a TD to happen
And fentress aided in corn elders recruitment

Isn't this the same logic Candi Fisher used on you, Jimbo?

Advertisement
Back